Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Fredrick is the grandson of Pincess Margaret?

Trying to work my way backwards <G>

... Prince Michael is a grandson of King George V - his father and the Queen's father were brothers ...

Sophie with her father-in-law at Wimbledon today:

The Royal Kents - Britain

She looks great lately!

Ok there was David (childless), Bertie (father of the Queen) and another brother who died, did he have children?

LaRae

There were 2 other brothers - Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent. The Duke of Kent died during WW2. Prince Michael of Kent is his younger son and Frederick is his son. Wikipedia has lots on the Kents.

Ok there was David (childless), Bertie (father of the Queen)
LaRae
Apart from Edward VIII and George VI there were:

Princess Mary, Princess Royal, Countess of Harewood

Her descendants:
Two sons, six grandsons, eighteen great-grandchildren and, AFAIK, three great-great-grandchildren

Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester
His descendants: thirteen great-grandchildren

Two sons (the older one- childless), three grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.

Prince George, Duke of Kent

His descendants:
Three children (the youngest of them is Prince Michael of Kent), seven grandchildren and thirteen great-grandchildren

Prince John (died as a teenager after an attack of epilepsy)

Ah I forgot about Prince Michael....thanks! I almost never heard of him, was/is he close to the Queen and her family?

LaRae

They meet at several occasions, but he is closer in age to Prince Charles than to her.

Lord Frederick and Prince William studied together in Eton College, as I heard.

They meet at several occasions, but he is closer in age to Prince Charles than to her.
Biri, are you kidding me? I think they know each other very well for 70 years now, as the Prince just turned that age. They are not just relatives but paternal first cousins and both full members of the Royal Family. For example, Prince Michael was a page at the future Queen Elizabeth's wedding to Philip Mountbatten. Additionally, the Duke of Edinburgh is a close relative of the Kents too, as Prince Michael's mother was his paternal first cousin. They were both born a Prince and a Princess of Greece and Denmark. Prince Michael is much younger than the Queen, but they are from the same family, who traditionally is very close and stick togerther. Royalty is a very homogenous social class.
I think through all these years, Prince Michael and the Queen attended the same private events, such as birthdays, weddings, christenings, funerals, etc., etc. They also spent some free time together, such as Christmas and summers, especially in the past when the Queen was not the Queen yet and when her children were young. The Queen and her royal cousins were her closest family members in her age or close to her age then and naturally, she was closer to them than it is today. And since Prince Michael reached adulthood and he is able to perform official duties, he joins the Queen on state banquets, garden parties, commemorative ceremonies, openning ceremonies, military parades, etc., etc.

And Pranter ---> have you ever heard of Google? :>

Last edited:
She looked good, thank God! ;) What is she up to these days?

Wow, congratulations to Lord & Lady Windsor. Right after baby Cambridge too.

Congrats!:flowers:

Great news! A 'surprise baby' since they said they had no plans to start a family :)

I think they will be great parents and of course Prince and Princess Michael of Kent wonderful grandparents. I can't wait to see Princess Michael of Kent as a granny

Congratulations!
Sophie had always talked about her desire to have children later even before their marriage. It's my guess of course, but it seems to me that after the announcement of Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy ( and even before), Prince and Princess Michael very much insisted to become grand-parents, also it was their natural desire to see their grand-children being alive.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Happy parents to be!

Surprise!

Lots of extended cousins for Will and Kate's baby; this little one, Rose Gilman's little boy, Davina Lewis' little boy, Peter and Autumn's two baby girls. Does the extended clan all still go to Sandringham?

^^^^
No. The extended clan do get together for the Christmas luncheon at Buckingham Palace before the Queen departs for Sandringham.

Lovely! Congratulations to the couple and the grandparents to be.

Will this baby be the first "Mister/Miss" Windsor?

Congratulations to Freddie and Sophie! Let's hope the baby does not get Freddie's scary eyes though, but this baby will be beautiful no doubt as Sophie is stunning.

As I understand, their future child won't carry any title, but it's interesting about "Honourable" mention.

I saw them at Zara in Amsterdam, I would not have recognised her , she is just a pretty woman with brown hair but his dark circles under his eyes gave them away.

Congratulations to Freddie and Sophie! Let's hope the baby
does not get Freddie's scary eyes though,
but this baby will be beautiful no doubt as Sophie is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom