Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dierna23 is a true Sweetheart!! :wub: Congratulations on getting the big avi, dear!! Diana looks fantastic in this photo! :flowers: Back to our topic, what's Winki's charisma exactly?! Diana had charisma, Q Noor has charisma, so could you please elaborate? I, for one, still cannot believe how the Kent family moved from Marina to Winki - it's just incredible, we're talking about 3 generations only!

Well, times have changed and you may be aware that Princess Marina back then was seen as a breeze of fresh air and most of all - compared with the other British Princesses - as a modern Princess when she married Prince George. I think the same goes for Sophie - and I know I'm not alone with that opinion if you look over the several fashion blogs out there in the net. Sophie has attracted more attention in not yet two years (with a very few appearances) than the Countess of Ulster in almost ten to be frank. Actually I don't like such comparisons (and no offense to the Countess), but as you started with comparisons... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
and how can the Norweigene royal family move from queen maud to Mette marit, single mother ex-drug user?! (nothing against her personally- she does her job fantastically)
However I agree that that's life. and some of the best most noble behaved royals sometimes come from non royal/noble breeding.

Well, times have changed and you may be aware that Princess Marina back then was seen as a breeze of fresh air and most of all - compared with the other British Princesses - as a modern Princess when she married Prince George. I think the same goes for Sophie - and I know I'm not alone with that opinion if you look over the several fashion blogs out there in the net. Sophie has attracted more attention in not yet two years (with a very few appearances) than the Countess of Ulster in almost ten to be frank. Actually I don't like such comparisons (and no offense to the Countess), but as you started with comparisons... ;)

Yeah, no offense to the Countess who is a doctor.:whistling: Sophie is an attractive lady who is also an actress, so I would expect her to place more of an emphasis on her fashion. I would hope the Countess of Ulster uses the same amount of emphasis on saving and helping people.

Yes, let's stay away from comparisons especially as they are never apple to apple comparisons but moreso apples to oranges.

Last edited:
:previous:

Ah, I knew it was a bad example. That's why I don't like such comparisons indeed. ;)

I really didn't mean to "play down" the Countess of Ulster with my comment...

Last edited:
Well,it seems here people tend to classify Sophie in two groups:either her admirers and non-admirers.I could speak only from my behalf and I think she is a nice and educated woman,born in quite a wealthy family,that's why she had the opportunity to receive a very good education.Of course she has her weak points,as we all do.She is an actress,but not the greatest one;to take it realistically she has no special charisma,but only a few ones are gifted with this.As example,Princess Michael of Kent is always a star and creates a radiant atmosphere around her,having a particular charm.
Besides all,I was very surprised when I discovered that not many British people actually know who is Sophie Winkleman,but the most know very well who is Claudia Winkleman.I understand why Americans or other Europeans do not know her well,but I never thought that she is not well-known among Brits.

Sophie isn't my wife nor do I know her personally, but I find her charismatic as well. :p
You know that the Kent branch has the certain "it" that the rest of the family may lack, dear. :whistling:

Thanks to Nonesuch for the links and information once again. :flowers: I love the horns of the Lord in that picture. :D
When you say the kent branch do you mean all of the Kents incl the current Duke and Princess Alexandra, which Princess Marina must be the attribute to the charisma, or just this branch of Michael and MC?

I personally would include them all more or less. But again, that's just a personal view of mine. Prince George & Princess Marina made a dashing couple and Michael & Alexandra definitely appear "glamorous" in a good old fashioned royal way, IMO. It may be be worth discussing if the Duke is very glamourous :D, but he and the Duchess surely appeared quite regal when they undertook their engagements in previous times. I also think of Lady Helen Taylor.

But hey, I don't want to appear superficial here, substance is the most important for sure (which IMO the Kents, with their involvement in charities and the work they did dedicated to their country, also have - feel free to disagree). But a tad of glamour doesn't hurt. :) Furthermore I don't want to say with that that the rest of the Windsors lack of glamour totally.

Last edited:
Let me clarify one point, please. I didn't talk about noble origin or being old-fashioned instead of modern. Winki is average in everything, I'd even call her personal style 'fake glamour', I see no charisma or true feminine beauty whatsoever, and where is that photo of the two of them with Winki walking barefoot and Fred touching her tit?! :whistling: I feel sorry for Ella actually, she must make the best possible choice and marry well, how many disappointments a single family can stand?! :rolleyes:

I personally would include them all more or less. But again, that's just a personal view of mine. Prince George & Princess Marina made a dashing couple and Michael & Alexandra definitely appear "glamorous" in a good old fashioned royal way, ...

. :) Furthermore I don't want to say with that that the rest of the Windsors lack of glamour totally.

No, not totally ;)

Yes, George and Marina had a bit o'sparkle, didn't they?

I think Sophie is very pretty. I saw her in one of the American "cop shows" and didn't know it was her until the credits ran. She was made up to be very unglam and had only half-dozen lines, but she appeared to do them well.

Evidentally, she did well in higher education as well; having a degree from Trinity, Cambridge.

I’m gone few days from the forum and lo and behold what have we here!

Nonesuch Darling, wow! :ohmy: Judging by your always courteous posts one would say you tend to speak on behalf of Lord Frederick. Is Winki your wife or someone else's?! :blink: Because if I were a man, this is how I would talk about my own wife only. ;) One must be madly in love with that semi-ugly, ungifted, d-class actress to find her charismatic, let alone talk about her non-existent pulchritude in each & every post. Weird, I'd say. :hmm: Nevertheless, welcome on board and don't take anything personally or too seriously! :flowers:

Hah! I truly laughed aloud :lol:, but keep your day job oh Light of Wisdom.

Dierna23 is a true Sweetheart!! Congratulations on getting the big avi, dear!! Diana looks fantastic in this photo! Back to our topic, what's Winki's charisma exactly?! Diana had charisma, Q Noor has charisma, so could you please elaborate? I, for one, still cannot believe how the Kent family moved from Marina to Winki - it's just incredible, we're talking about 3 generations only!

Ludicrousness is good now and then, but it takes a more adept hand than yours.
Anyway, gratuitous fancies in the form of disparaging fabrications probably call for smidgen of didacticism.

I suspect that you have too much time on your hands; I’d suggest among other things in learning about the British university system where the academic results are in graduated stages. A 3rd is the lowest honours given; it’s actually modestly mediocre. A 2:2 is the lowest of the second-class honours, and occasionally some may continue to graduate school. A 2:1 is a solid “B+” and in some cases the seeker of an advanced degree may have most of their education paid for accordingly.
Ah, but a First Class Honours degree holder is strongly encouraged to aim for a Doctorate which is free. Sophie Winkleman, your Bête Noire, finished at Trinity Hall Cambridge (the finest school in the UK- top 5 in the world) with a double first class honour (according to Ariana Huffington)!
Sophie shares in the upper class custom of eschewing what some would consider the “bad form” of braggadocio. One doesn’t see the “Honours” on her “Bio” pages though it no doubt would greatly increase the respect for her. Instead, she usually is dubbed “just” an actress amongst British tabloid media. Again, Sophie shows a refinement lacking in many and it may handicap her career.

Now, as a sop for you Queen Noor aficionados who apparently enjoy seeing Sophie Winkleman under a dark pall; here is a film clip showing the now Lady Frederick crying ;)
-------------------- YouTube - ‪Waking the Dead - Boyd out-creeps creepy father. "Thin Air", 2002.‬‏

For the rest of you who don’t like to see “unhappiness,” here are some recent news items about Prince Philip’s birthday celebrations which feature yet more consonant reports on Lady Frederick Windsor.

“And Sophie Winkleman, the actress wife of Lord Freddy Windsor, turned heads in a wide-brimmed cream straw hat, beige structured jacket and white wrap dress.”
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201106135594/prince-philip-90th-kate/1/

“But despite her stylish appearance, Kate had competition for the best dressed crown as members of the royal family braved squally winds and driving rain to arrive at St George’s Chapel in Windsor yesterday.
It was Lord Freddie Windsor’s wife, the actress Sophie Winkleman, who was arguably the belle of the ball in an oversized white straw hat, white dress and fitted jacket.”
Stylish: Lady Frederick Windsor, the actress Sophie Winkleman, pictured left with her father-in-law, Prince Michael of Kent, didn't let the wet weather stop her wearing a summery cream dress.”
Scroll down halfway to see these two photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2002723/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-gives-favourite-coat-extra-outing.html
Although, by being a tabloid, The Daily Mail would select a picture of Sophie before she had time to straighten out her dress upon exiting the car and rushing in the rain.

Of course, there are interesting pictures of other Royal family members also.

Finally from earlier this year comes an intriguing social commentary titled From cricket to the catwalk to Westminster, public school accents are back: We reveal Britain’s 50 most powerful posh people under 30”
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1347610/Britains-50-powerful-posh-people-30-From-catwalk-Westminster.html

Enough for now, I should try to visit the forum more often; I do hope you were edified and diverted.
And a quick hello to the constant and creative Dierna23 and my kudos to JeTe and KittyAtlanta.

I presume I take leave now as the new “Darling” :wave:

Wow, was there any point to your long winded post? All you seemed to do was criticise another member and champion your darling Sophie.

I tend to agree with Lumutqueen.I respect all posts,but those of excessive adoration or hatred don't bring a good idea.The adoration posts seem to be a good PR work(I've studied partially PR management),but if a person is a fan ,then let it be.Yes,Sophie studied at Cambrige,but the others studied as well,while the other gifted people couldn't afford studies at Cambridge or Oxford.She is a good comic actress ,there are good videos of her,but as well there is a controversial "Love Live Long" scene.Most of people who expressed their views on Sophie are neutral,that's good for her.In order to proclaim oneself charismatic,it could take years,Sophie is neither a genius nor a charismatic person,she is just an actress (who comes from wealthy and intelligent family by the way) who is in the blossom period of her career and it seems that in public relations she is quite a modest person and not a self-centred one.

My goodness have I missed something? I havn't went all the way back in the posts but has Sophie Windsor done something awful? Someone just called her semi-ugly, or something like that, which considering how beautiful she is I find a bit alarming. Can somebody fill me in please as I am just on here briefly and have to dash!

Last edited:
Sophie isn't anywhere near semi-ugly; one of the reasons she isn't well liked, IMO.

I like the Lady Frederick Windsor and know she will be a credit to the Royal family. I hope she and her husband will be close to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and work together to continue strengthening the British Royal Family.

I like the Lady Frederick Windsor and know she will be a credit to the Royal family. I hope she and her husband will be close to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and work together to continue strengthening the British Royal Family.
It's a very good idea,but they are not close friends,William has his circle of friends

They are relatives, dear Lenora. No need to be friends then. :ROFLMAO:

I suspect that you have too much time on your hands; I’d suggest among other things in learning about the British university system where the academic results are in graduated stages. A 3rd is the lowest honours given; it’s actually modestly mediocre. A 2:2 is the lowest of the second-class honours, and occasionally some may continue to graduate school. A 2:1 is a solid “B+” and in some cases the seeker of an advanced degree may have most of their education paid for accordingly.
Ah, but a First Class Honours degree holder is strongly encouraged to aim for a Doctorate which is free. Sophie Winkleman, your Bête Noire, finished at Trinity Hall Cambridge (the finest school in the UK- top 5 in the world) with a double first class honour (according to Ariana Huffington)!
Sophie shares in the upper class custom of eschewing what some would consider the “bad form” of braggadocio. One doesn’t see the “Honours” on her “Bio” pages though it no doubt would greatly increase the respect for her. Instead, she usually is dubbed “just” an actress amongst British tabloid media. Again, Sophie shows a refinement lacking in many and it may handicap her career.

It has been very kind of you to explain the British university system to an ill-bred bunch like us. :p
Good for Sophie that she succeeded so well! It may be worth asking if she would have attended the "finest school in UK" if she would not come from a wealthy family. :rolleyes: What do you think about it? But speaking of braggadocio, it is nice to learn that she is different from her mother-in-law. Are you sure that they are on good terms with each other? :D Moreover, I don't believe that academic degrees have much to do with acting talent and artistic abilities. I tend to think that many of the "best" actors, singers and writers were working class heroes. You can not teach or learn such things, although certain people keep believing it-- for well known reasons.

My closing commentary: I think Sophie Winkleman is a pretty woman. From what I have seen she is not untalented. At almost thirty-one the chances for a big career are nonetheless vanishingly small. Especially as there has been not one successful engagement in the US for her since they moved to Los Angeles. But at least she will be starring in a mini-series by Freddie's mother's dear friend Mr. Fellowes, right? Connections. :whistling:

'The importance of being Sophie Winkleman' :ROFLMAO: - the best reality show we've watched at TRF lately, isn't it?? :D Hey Nonesuch Honey, my boyfriend is seriously thinking of creating a TRF account, just to praise my intelligence, pulchritude and what else??! Ah, he'll elaborate on my academic career better than anyone. Wink wink for now! :winkiss:

The importance of Sophie? May I ask what makes the girl so special? Has she ever won an Oscar or at least a BAFTA award? Lady Frederick Windsor is very pretty and statuesque but now she needs to prove to me at least that she deserves a more lustrous career, either in Hollywood or in Europe. The European cinema is an interesting field for an actor, in my opinion. I shall be waiting then. :)

Homegirl is beautiful! Where has she been hiding and how did Freddy get with her.

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor attended the 9th Annual BAFTA Los Angeles TV tea party
held at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel on September 17, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks a lot for the link, Dierna23!

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor attended the Giorgio Armani/Vanity Fair private
dinner on October 11, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Lady Frederick Windsor is staring in the new Two and A Half Men with Ashton Kutcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom