The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Maud is perfectly adorable..can't figure out if she is considered carrot-top or strawberry blonde.

I thought she would be brunette like her beautiful mother.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
It is great that Lord Frederic and his wife sent their daughter to the school in UK. Maud is an adorable little girl.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the update!
It is great that Lord Frederic and his wife sent their daughter to the school in UK. Maud is an adorable little girl.
The couple have been living in London since at least February 2016. It was said at the time of the birth of Isabella, that they had decided to move back permanently and raise the girls closer to family.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Majesty

I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his career in finances in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Trying to work this out in my head...ummm cousin to the Cambridges?

LaRae
I know you know this & I agree the cousin link is pretty attenuated by now, although I do believe that because of the very early death of Prince George, the Duke of Kent, his offspring were rather close to King George VI and the Queen mother.
The relationship is:
King George V - King George VI (Bertie) - Queen Elizabeth II - Charles - William - George
King George V - Prince George the Duke of Kent - Prince Michael of Kent - Lord Frederick - Maud
Old 09-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks everyone...I thought some sort of cousins...but wasn't sure how far down the line!

LaRae
Old 09-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his financial career in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.
I believe he works for a London bank now, but I forget which.

Wonder who chose Thomas' first, the Cambridges or the Windsors?
It would be odd if neither set of parents knew about the other.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I have not been aware of this fact. I thought Lord Frederic was busy with his financial career in USA, while Sophie had acting jobs in Hollywood.
Not sure about her acting now a days, but his job continues the same. He has been working with JPMorgan since 2006. He has simply moved back to the London offices where he started out.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I believe he works for a London bank now, but I forget which. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not sure about her acting now a days, but his job continues the same. He has been working with JPMorgan since 2006. He has simply moved back to the London offices where he started out.
Thanks for the information!
Returning to UK is definitely for the better. Maud and Isabella will have perfect British accents as well as have an opportunity to get a good British education. It is great that Lord Frederic earns his living in turbulent seas of banking and finance.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Courtier

When I listed the relationship of George and Maud earlier I forgot that they are also cousins via Princess Marina and Prince Phillip:
King George I of the Hellenes - Prince Andrew of Greece - Prince Phillip - Charles - William - George
King George I of the Hellenes - Prince Nicholas of Greece - Princess Marina Duchess of Kent - Prince Michael of Kent - Lord Frederick - Maud

There may be other connections further back, but those are the closest.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Maud is perfectly adorable..can't figure out if she is considered carrot-top or strawberry blonde.

She's cute, but her uniform looks rather large for her.
Is it supposed to look that way?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its possible that Maud's parents used the time tried and true method of buying school uniforms that my mother did. With how fast children grow at that age, you buy them on the large size and the kid grows into it.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Gentry

Maud looked so adorable. I loved her red bow, and the fact that her skirt was a little big - a smaller size would have been outgrown very quickly probably.

I’m wondering if Frederick and Sophie socialize at all with the Cambridges. They both have young kids, move in the same circles. Does anyone know of a friendship there?
Old 09-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
She's cute, but her uniform looks rather large for her.
Is it supposed to look that way?

I made the same observation about her uniform somewhere else...poor baby!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I’m wondering if Frederick and Sophie socialize at all with the Cambridges. They both have young kids, move in the same circles. Does anyone know of a friendship there?
I think there is; When William entered Eton College, Frederick was already attending there, they surely passed each other in the corridors from time to time (or at occasion of some festivities).
Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Nobility

What a absolute beauty she is, the perfect English Rose if I have ever seen one.....she is going to be a real beauty as she gets older.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let's not forget that both William and Frederick were raised in KP when Frederick's parents still live as does William.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt if they are close.

At school 3 years age difference is a big barrier.

William has spent the last 10 years (ish) based in Anglesey and Norfolk, and Frederick has been based in the US.

Possible that with them now both being based in London and children/school in common, that they might become friends.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Let's not forget that both William and Frederick were raised in KP when Frederick's parents still live as does William.
I forgot that they were both raised in KP...
Old 09-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Serene Highness

"We were invited to tea at Kensington Palace just before Princess Charlotte was born," said Sophie. "Maud and George got on very well. He's a very clever, articulate little boy and was speaking long before other toddlers his age."
Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor introduce their baby to HELLO!

Sometimes they see each other.

Tags
lady frederick windsor, lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman