Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes indeed it was nice the WHOLE FAMILY made sure to call. :flowers: Thank for making sure to point out I missed William in that :whistling:

I just thought it was a nice gesture of Charles to go a step further, and make sure the family had less to worry after. ?

:previous: Yes indeed it was nice the WHOLE FAMILY made sure to call. :flowers: Thank for making sure to point out I missed William in that :whistling:

I just thought it was a nice gesture of Charles to go a step further, and make sure the family had less to worry after. ?

You didn’t mentioned the whole family and only Charles and William have the weight to make sure things are going well. :flowers:

Nice mention of William as well

“She also reveals how the Duke of Cambridge, her husband's cousin, personally phoned the hospital to ensure she was well looked after. "I heard from pretty much every member of Freddie's family, I was spoiled to bits by them," she reveals.”

Worth noting that she was initially at Addenbrooks (and stayed for two weeks), which is the main trauma centre that EACH works at. We've seen pictures of William there, interacting with staff. So his actions in calling the hospital might not have been so much as the Duke as the former air ambulance pilot who actually knows the staff.

I suspect, having grown up as the child of a staff nurse, the latter is likely to bear more weight in a "please look after my cousin" call.

Looking forward to reading that in Hello... she was very Lucky I think !

Thanks for the interview!
Being a mother of two young children, it must be terrifying to face uncertainty after the car crush. It is wonderul that Lady Frederic and her family enjoyed full family support.
Highly surprising interview, speaking volumes about the REAL relations inside the BRF (and you have to laugh about the supposed Charle's selfishness after that).
More stories like this please !
I liked the fact that Prince Charles' support was practical.

Last edited:
Worth noting that she was initially at Addenbrooks (and stayed for two weeks), which is the main trauma centre that EACH works at. We've seen pictures of William there, interacting with staff. So his actions in calling the hospital might not have been so much as the Duke as the former air ambulance pilot who actually knows the staff.

I suspect, having grown up as the child of a staff nurse, the latter is likely to bear more weight in a "please look after my cousin" call.

I so agree hel. That personal connection to the staff (which former EAA pilot William would have) is very valuable.

Article from last summer when William was part of the team transporting a female patient.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...flies-woman-hit-police-van-hospital-last-air/

Last edited:
You didn’t mentioned the whole family and only Charles and William have the weight to make sure things are going well. :flowers:

You didn't mention the family either. Only William. But the quote you helpfully printed for me, mentioned the entire family called. And I would argue, Charles and William are certainly not the ONLY ones who can make sure things go well. The queen and any member of the family could help. Mr John Smith down the road could help.

I didn't think I had to. Its in the article for everyone to read :ermm:

Just like anyone else, I simply commented on what caught my attention :flowers: Just as Leez and HereditaryPrincess did. I notice you didn't take fault with either of them :whistling:

But thank you for pointing out my shortcomings. :ermm:

I liked the fact that Prince Charles' support was practical.

I agree, Charles definitely has a practical approach to things. Something he has in common with his father and sister as well. But at times like this, I am sure the practical approach was much appreciated by the family. :flowers:

When you have 2 little girls at home, a wife in the hospital, and working, the last thing you need to worry about, is packing lunches and making dinner.

Last edited:
Lady Frederick Windsor give an interview and make a photoshout in Hello and talking about her car crash last November

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018042948174/lady-sophie-windsor-opens-up-car-accident/

Harrowing tale. :sad: Glad she has recovered so well. I agree with others regarding the wonderful shout-out to Charles.

Just five months on from that terrifying November evening, Sophie is finally ready to tell her story, including the overwhelming kindness and compassion she has been shown by senior members of the royal family. She reveals the "magnificently practical" gift from the Prince of Wales. "Prince Charles sensed correctly that everything would be chaos at home, so he asked his cook, instead of taking care of him, to take care of us. So, our lunches and dinners were cooked at Clarence House then delivered for weeks on end while I was in hospital and then still disabled at home."

Lady Frederick Windsor give an interview and make a photoshout in Hello and talking about her car crash last November

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018042948174/lady-sophie-windsor-opens-up-car-accident/

As I’ve said before, I live in a very Rural area & November’s one of the times I’m scared to go out, especially early Evening. It’s Baby Making Time for the Deer & they literally can appear from out of nowhere out on the road.

One thing for that happening when it’s only the vehicle you’re in on the road. Then you have the other side of the road clear to use for you or the Deer to get out of the way. When I heard what had happened to Sophie, & only the basic early info we got when the news broke, I had a good inkling of how bad her injuries would likely be. Reading her account of what happened though?

I’ve got goosebumps on my goosebumps. Her Guardian Angels were working overtime that night & the first few weeks & then some!!

It really was lovely to read how the Family rallied around Sophie, Freddie & the Girls. Especially what Charles did. Now that was really helping, because when something like this happens, you really are like a Zombie just trying to get through the day. When you’ve got two little girls to take care of & get off to School, not to mention having to have some incredibly difficult conversations w/them about Mummy & what might happen....

As someone else said, food is the last thing you worry about. It really was the best thing Charles could have gave them to help them. Also William calling to make sure everything that could be done was being done.

I could have sworn I read somewhere close to Christmas that during the first weeks after the Accident, if the Girls were staying w/Granny & Grandpa at Kensington Palace, whomever was doing the School Run for George would pick up Maud too. As I said, I know I saw that somewhere, but where & is it even true...!?! It would make sense though. They’re at the same School after all & that would be another practical, yet very helpful, thing Freddie wouldn’t have to worry about figuring out.

As I said though, I don’t remember where I saw that or if it’s even true, so take it w/a grain of salt. [emoji4]

So very happy Sophie’s back on her feet & life for her & the Family is getting back to Normal. [emoji4]

Oh that poor girl. What a terrible thing to go through. So pleased to hear she is on the mend. Being young and healthy is a great help. How very thoughtful of Prince Charles to help in that way. May seem like a small thing but would have made a huge difference for her family. Also one more less worry for Sophie while she lay in hospital. Every little bit helps when people offer. I wish her well for the future.

Not that I have any personal connection or experience with Sophie personally but judging simply from this interview and previous interviews and quotes Sophie seems like an absolutely wonderful and genuine woman. She's lovely, yes, but she also seems so incredibly warm and grateful for the position she's in.

Lovely to read about a side of the BRF that we aren't always privy to. As for Charles...so very practical and down to earth but what a fabulous help to Freddie and Sophie at such a traumatic time. Flowers and chocolates are lovely but real and practical gifts like his really show a deep understanding of the position they were in and what was likely to be of the most help. And, might I just add, kudos to Charles for seeing the reality of life and completely shredding, with one kind gesture, the image of him as removed and oblivious to what real life, and real life with small children, is like.

Since she also pretty much squashed the idea that the BRF are not close. That Charles is close enough to assess what was most needed speaks of closeness, as does Williams phone calls and the love and support of "pretty much all of Freddy's family".

Lady Frederick Windsor (pictured with Zafar Rushdie) attended "La Boheme" at the English National Opera in London on January 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

For anyone who is a fan of Endeavour - The Young Inspector Morse - Lady Frederick was one of the guest stars in this week's episode 'Apollo'.

Lady Frederick at the 'Education, Education, Education' play, Press Night, in Trafalgar Studios, London today 5 June

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...y,_press_night,_london?celeb=Sophie Winkleman

Lady Frederick at the 'Cinderella' show opening night, Royal Albert Hall, London, today 6 June

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...al_albert_hall,_london?celeb=Sophie Winkleman

Lord and Lady Frederick attend at the Victoria & Albert Museum Summer Party on 19 June

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...summer-party-picture-id1157014330?s=2048x2048

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2019/06/19/v+a_summer_party,_london?celeb=Sophie Winkleman

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks lovely apart from those shoes.

Lord Frederick attended the Herald Scarfe book party at the Rosewood Hotel in London on November 4:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Lord and Lady Frederick attended Evgeny Lebvedev's Christmas Party in London on December 13:

** Pic **

:previous:
Thanks for the update!

Frederic and Sophie looked relaxed. Frederic's jeans left much to be desired though.

It obviously wasn't a formal party. Many of the men were in jeans or casual trousers, even some of the women. Sophie seems to be wearing dark ones. Only a few men were in full suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom