Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess May was not for queen Mary after all, but Sophie likes month names. :lol: And that Isabella was just a personal choice they both liked:flowers: Well I was right on Alexandra being for Freddie's Aunt but that was an easy bet.

I love the story about Maud meeting her little sister for the first time.And the description of Grandpa Prince Michael 'bounding over' to see his granddaughter as soon as he was back in the country.

I purchased the edition of Hello this morning and have read the full interview with Freddie and Sophie. I like them very much, they seem like a very normal and down to earth couple. The details about Maud's interests are adorable and it appears that they have a close connection with a lot of members of the RF. I thought that in a lot of the photos, Freddie looked a lot like Prince William and there was one photo where baby Isabella looked a little like her mother, though I guess overall it's too early to tell who she looks like. You can find an online version of the article here:
TAKE A PEEK You have to flick through the pages until you get to Freddie and Sophie's interview, but it should all be there. :flowers:

Thanks for the peep page. If you put 66 into the page box near the top - you can go right to the article.
What lovely stories Sophie tells. Jane, Rose and Helena were all in the running for a first name. Sophie Wessex fans need to read that last page. I laughed at the bit about the sage/fire/babysitter spirit cleansing. And we know for sure that they are back to London.
Lady Freddy is getting more beautiful as she ages. And Dad looks the best I think I have ever seen him. Happy will do that for you. Loved the article so thanks again.

Thanks for the peep page. If you put 66 into the page box near the top - you can go right to the article.
What lovely stories Sophie tells. Jane, Rose and Helena were all in the running for a first name. Sophie Wessex fans need to read that last page. I laughed at the bit about the sage/fire/babysitter spirit cleansing. And we know for sure that they are back to London.
Lady Freddy is getting more beautiful as she ages. And Dad looks the best I think I have ever seen him. Happy will do that for you. Loved the article so thanks again.

You're welcome. I'm glad that I could be helpful. :flowers:
Yes, Sophie tells such adorable and charming stories of her family life. I think it's nice that they share anecdotes like this.

Was Isabella's christening ever announced?

Last edited:
Lovely photo they look very happy I didn't know the gown was worn by babies so far down the line. That's great !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

How funny that I asked yesterday if Isabella had been christened and then this happens. She looks very cute.

Do we know who Maud or Isabella's godparents are?

One of Maud's godmothers is Princess Eugenie

Last edited:
I like Lord Fred, Sophie Winkleman.... well -. But Im a bit curious why his mother's name does not seem to be included in his daughters names. And I think the only name from Sophie's side is Daphne, which is part of Mauds names

Many people don't use their parent's names, especially if the parents are alive. Maude was given the name of 2 great-grandmothers, Sophie's grandma Daphne and Freddy's Marina, as well as the queen. Both girls have names common enough in the BRF. Isabella's can be seen as a nod to Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary.

Great to see a christening photo. The baby is so sweet and the parents look so proud :flowers:

Some names you like, some you don't for whatever reason even if it your mothers name :)

On July 18 Lord Frederick attended the Frost family final Summer Party to raise money for the Miles Frost Fund in partnership with the British Heart Foundation in London:

** Pic **

Interesting Jamie Oliver is her godfather but I guess since Sophie is an actress, a celebrity godparent is not odd. Wonder who was godmother. We know Eugenie was Maudes but not her godfather.

OK. I had to bite on my tongue and actually check this article out and, to me, this is the best example of a bird cage liner I think I've ever seen.

As far as a bank and a nine month old child being put on a "blacklist", the only sane and logical explanation would be that someone, somewhere totally mistook the nature of Maud's "deposit". We all know just what kind of a "deposit" a nine month old is capable of don't we? :whistling:

Bizarre. Truly bizarre.

Interesting Jamie Oliver is her godfather but I guess since Sophie is an actress, a celebrity godparent is not odd. Wonder who was godmother. We know Eugenie was Maudes but not her godfather.

I have a suspicion that Zenouska Mowatt the granddaughter of Princess Alexandra is the godmother. She occasionally posts about 2 little girls around the age of the two Windsor girls and she has tagged herself as the little ones godmother.

Zenouska Mowatt has shared this little clip to her public instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/BTMuiOehC01/

In a separate video on her 'story' (I don't know how to share) she calls the elder girl Maudy so I'm assuming it's Maud and Isabella Windsor.

In one of her earlier pictures of the younger girl, where she calls her goddaughter, one of the hashtags is 'one today' and it was posted the day after Isabella's first birthday. Pretty good confirmation you are correct.

The Kents seem quite close. It is fitting, since Isabella is named in part for Alexandra, that Alexabdras granddaughter is godmother :flowers:

Adorable photos and videos on her Instagram of the girls.

Thanks for the video!:flowers:
Maud and Isabella are cherubic. It is always a pleasure to see little children playing with big baskets or boxes.

Last edited:

Lord Frederick attended the annual V&A Summer Party in partnership with Harrods at the Victoria and Albert Museum on June 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Oooooh, I thought I would see little Maud.

Maude looks adorable. And a little less daunted by school, and the photographers. :flowers:

Hope both Maude and George have a fantastic first day ?

Maude looks adorable. And a little less daunted by school, and the photographers. :flowers:

Hope both Maude and George have a fantastic first day ?

Most of the people probably aren't staring at her and shouting "Maud Maud"

Trying to work this out in my head...ummm cousin to the Cambridges?

LaRae

Trying to work this out in my head...ummm cousin to the Cambridges?

LaRae

Maud's grandfather (P.Michael) is a first cousin to P.George's great-grandmother (QEII)

Prince Charles and Lord Frederick are second cousins, William and Maud are third cousins, so George and Maud are third cousins once removed.

Maud is perfectly adorable..can't figure out if she is considered carrot-top or strawberry blonde.

I thought she would be brunette like her beautiful mother.

Thanks for the update!
It is great that Lord Frederic and his wife sent their daughter to the school in UK. Maud is an adorable little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom