Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Diana was alive William and Harry grew up at KP as did Frederick and Gabriella but they appear to have grown apart since they boys moved to St James and then CH with their father.

Even though Micheal is The Queen's first cousin he, like the Duke of Gloucester, is closer in age to Charles than to Elizabeth so it is more likely that Michael is a bit friendly with Charles, in an older brother sort of way.

If Frederick takes Maud to visit his parents at their home and William is there with George then there is a chance they could be playmates occasionally as they would both then be at KP - other than that I don't see them being all that close.

Unless Freddy & Sophie move back to London.

But they have to have something in common in order to be friends - and they don't. William and Catherine's close friends all stem from their time at their respective schools and St Andrew's. Nothing in common; different life styles; difference getting greater all the time.

So many people have some idealistic notion that all relatives as bosom buddies. Doesn't happen.

So many people have some idealistic notion that all relatives as bosom buddies. Doesn't happen.

And in Europe there's a castle where all european royals live together wearing tiaras and crowns all the time (and Q.Elizabeth sits at the head of the dining table)
:lol:

Congratulations to Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Prince and Princess Michael! :flowers:

The name Maud is growing on me although I prefer it with an e on the end. I'm not really a fan of Daphne. Marina is one of my favourite names for a girl, it's very pretty (I guessed that Marina would be one of the baby's names). I also like Elizabeth (I'm guessing that Elizabeth is after the Queen Mother/HM). I wonder if we'll get a photo of baby Maud, I imagine that Hello will have something about her in a few weeks.

I found an article from the Telegraph about Lord and Lady Frederick's baby, which says that she weighed 7lbs at birth. The article also said that Prince and Princess Michael and Sophie's family have been informed of the news and were delighted about it:

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's first grandchild is named 'Maud' - Telegraph

Last edited:
Congratulations to the new parents! They picked lovely names. Can't wait to see photos, she's sure to be a beauty.

Why would they do that? It's her name, for goodness sake; they like it; they will use it.. Otherwise, they would have called her something else!

Exactly. And I strongly believe that the same goes for baby George.

Congratulations to Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Prince and Princess Michael! May God Be with them and Bless Them!:britflag:

Maud may not be such a great name, but Princess Martha Louise, herself named after her paternal grandmother,named one of her 3 daughters after her paternal great grandmother, I believe?

Maud may not be such a great name, but Princess Martha Louise, herself named after her paternal grandmother,named one of her 3 daughters after her paternal great grandmother, I believe?

sorry I dont understand this - how is this linked to the new baby? (l have limited historical knowledge)

But they have to have something in common in order to be friends - and they don't. William and Catherine's close friends all stem from their time at their respective schools and St Andrew's. Nothing in common; different life styles; difference getting greater all the time.

You are absolutely right. Lord Frederic and Lady Gabriella are the members of the extended family, who will maintain formal polite relationships with their relatives and may attend some events (weddings, christenings, funerals).

Last edited:
sorry I dont understand this - how is this linked to the new baby? (l have limited historical knowledge)

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway named her eldest daughter Maud Angelica after her great-grandmother, Queen Maud of Norway, daughter of King Edward VII of the United Kingdom.

What a pretty name! One of my grandmother's sisters, born around 1880, was named Maud. How nice to see it used today :)

I love the baby's name! Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina is a beautiful combination.

My great-grandmother's name was Maude, which is one reason why I like it.

I adore these names my grandmother was Maude and was horrified with her name constantly ... but I always loved it and here it is again .. classy

Well that's very nice news :)

I never really thought about Americans being in line to the British throne. And being able to avoid London altogether and growing up in Beverly Hills and Malibu. Whew, Baby Maud has won the lottery of life!

Best wishes to all :flowers:

It's a girl!

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 20m
It's a BABY GIRL for Frederick Windsor & Sophie Winkleman! Born 15 Aug in UCLA in Los Angeles; 42nd in line to the throne. CONGRATULATIONS!

You are absolutely right. Lord Frederic and Lady Gabriella are the members of the extended family, who will maintain formal polite relationships with their relatives and may attend some events (weddings, christenings, funerals).

I have recently read in a book on Will that he was at Eton same time as Freddie, who was a few years older. Freddie looked in on him from time to time to see how he was faring.

I have recently read in a book on Will that he was at Eton same time as Freddie, who was a few years older. Freddie looked in on him from time to time to see how he was faring.

yes, but they are not friends. Relatives drop in, check how you're doing, send Christmas cards, might even remember your birthday - that doesn't make them friends.

Never seen a pic of these 2 in a social setting apart from royal do's

Charles and Diana made sure to keep their distance from the Michaels and their family while they both lived at KP, so I doubt any close childhood friendship existed. Diana even pinched Nanny Barnes from the Kents which is just not the done thing to do

Maybe baby Maud could have Princess Anne as godparent since they share their birthdays

I think Lady Gabriella will be a godmother.

World Exclusive: Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor introduce baby Maud
Picture & article from HelloMagazine.com

Frederick Windsor shares how they chose the name Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina:

"We liked the idea of an old-fashioned English name and there are a couple of Princess Mauds in my father's family from a hundred years ago – one was the youngest daughter of Edward VII who ended up being Queen of Norway, and another a grand-daughter of Edward VII by his daughter Princess Louise.

It's also a beautiful, elegant name and it was always our first choice. Elizabeth is a tribute to the Queen, Daphne is Sophie's grandmother, who she was very close to and Marina is my paternal grandmother."

Last edited:
A beautiful family picture and the baby looks adorable. Prince Michael always make sure he gives off that great old Windsor stare.

Princess of Kent touching her daughter-in-law back- it's so nice and protective gesture.

Plus the fact that Prince Michael and Freddie are both holding the chair helps to make it look like this is a close, loving, and protective family, although in Prince Michael's case there's an element to it that suggests that he's standing that way as much for the symbolism of it as to support himself.

Little baby Maud is so adorable.
I'm so delighted to see the happy family!;)

A very nice picture!
Too bad Maud probably won't be a playmate for George, but if Freddie and Sophie live in L.A., they will seldom see each other.

A beautiful family picture and the baby looks adorable. Prince Michael always make sure he gives off that great old Windsor stare.

I too noticed the the startling "Windsor" looks - although it's really from the Danish grandmother - as it appeared in both George V and Tsar Nicholas II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom