The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I just checked out his instagram account. He has only made 16 posts. That's not very Kardashian like. He does have 18K followers probably a bunch of teenage girls.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I had the same appalled reaction you all did, then I started thinking about it a bit more. Yes, it's a little narcissistic to post a picture like that, but by the same token, he has obviously put in a LOT of hard work to get that physique, so why not brag a little with a picture? That's the way his generation communicates.

And, yes, he is a member of the Queen's family (I think that's how his grandmother once described her children's position), but he's not in an official position, so he has no obligation to live up to public expectations.

It also occurred to me that if they been young people in this era, his grandparents would probably have been doing their own Instagram uploads. After all, they were pretty "edgy" for their generation.

But most important, he's an 18-year-old guy. Kids that age do all kinds of inappropriate and silly things. (A look at Princess Olympia of Greece's Instagram over the years shows a similar, um, lack of decorum.) Hopefully for him, it will interest the right girls and impress his buddies...and blow over.

Anyway, just some thoughts.
You raised some interesting points to consider. I showed the photo to my mother and your point about Arthur's physique was the first thing she pointed out - she said; "I bet he spends a lot of time at the gym". Even though I still somewhat stand by my initial opinion, after reading your post I now agree that perhaps he was just proud of what his hard work at the gym has resulted in and as a social media user, the natural instinct for him was to share it with his followers.

The only thing I'd disagree with you on is that not all young adults aged eighteen do silly and inappropriate things - but I understand what you mean.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

There's something homo erotic about that picture. Could he be the first openly gay member of the British royal family?
Old 07-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Arthur has another photo like this one on his Instagram; it seems like he's a fan of these topless photos. However, it doesn't leave a good impression on him in regards to his royal status. I doubt he'll take it down but it's not tasteful.
To be fair, Arthur Chatto is neither royal nor noble. His father Daniel Chatto is an artist and actor, as was his late grandfather Tom Chatto. His mother happens to be a Lady, is a granddaughter of a King and is the niece to the Queen. That is "all" there is. The dude is proud on his physique and shows it. Any link to royal life is remote.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Majesty

He is a completely private citizen. He has no title, and even if he did, he isn't a working royal. He has no protocol to follow. Nothing he is posting is that shocking, that different then many men his age do. The only person he answers to are his parents who are paying his schooling.

Now if he was still page if something to the queen, and was posting bizarre photos, then there would be room to comment.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You both missed this post of mine regarding this matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I thought it was clear that I meant "royal associations" but perhaps I should have used a better word if we have to be precise here. Of course people post these type of photos, as someone who actively uses social media I'm fully aware of that but we can all share our opinions and that's mine.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2018, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sam Chatto changes his look

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Was Sam Chatto told to smarten up? | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Samuel did not look disrespectful with long hair. Is he the first Royal gentleman to have long hair like this?
Old 01-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

How dare he grow his hair! The British upper class need to relax. I doubt anyone told Samuel to smarten up and cut his hair.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Perhaps it was his mother or father's Christmas present!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
How dare he grow his hair! The British upper class need to relax. I doubt anyone told Samuel to smarten up and cut his hair.
Agreed. It was clean, styled and looked much better than my hair does at that length.

Seriously, we have several family members (male and female) that grow their hair to donate to charity. But whatever the reason, bravo Samuel!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why Lady Sarah wears to all Royal Events who attends the same earrings

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ret-earrings//
Old 05-26-2018, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Thanks for the link!
Lady Sarah's look was perfect. She effortlessly pulls off monochrome looks.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Its a very versatile pair of earrings, and I think they look lovely
Old 05-26-2018, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful earrings, and a lovely tribute to her mother. Based on the picture in the link, her look last Saturday was perfect.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently Arthur is an 'esquire' (see picture at Ascot). Has he been an esquire for a long time? Was it granted because he once was a page of honour to the queen or is his older brother also an esquire? And if so, why?
Old 06-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Esquire is just a very formal but now somewhat old fashioned title given to any gentleman of standing in the UK. Its very formal but is not a title that is granted, its just like using Mr or Mrs, you don't get told you can use it.
I suspect its just an Ascot racecourse thing and any man with a badge for the royal enclosure would have Esq after their name unless they have a higher title - Lord, Earl, Prince etc.

More on it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquir..._British_usage
Old 06-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Esquire is just a very formal but now somewhat old fashioned title given to any gentleman of standing in the UK. Its very formal but is not a title that is granted, its just like using Mr or Mrs, you don't get told you can use it.
I suspect its just an Ascot racecourse thing and any man with a badge for the royal enclosure would have Esq after their name unless they have a higher title - Lord, Earl, Prince etc.

More on it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquir..._British_usage
I always thought esquire was connected with the legal profession?
Old 06-23-2018, 11:40 PM
Nobility

In Australia I have seen it used recently for an attorney eg. John Smith, Esq or likewise after the name of a land owner. It's not that commonly used these days and I think mostly it's used by a person (not the bearer of the title) to address someone else when posting a letter or on business correspondence. Just my opinion.

Looking it up just now on the Internet I find that Esquire is also Kinght related. It is used as a title by English landed gentry ranking below a Knight and for a candidate for a Knight serving as a shield bearer or attendant to a Kinght.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sweet and funny story...

...about Lady Sarah, her mother, and teenaged boys...and CATS.
Princess Margaret gate-crashed my date with her daughter | Daily Mail Online

Abraham Lincoln

Tags
arthur chatto, daniel chatto, lady sarah chatto, samuel chatto