The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I just checked out his instagram account. He has only made 16 posts. That's not very Kardashian like. He does have 18K followers probably a bunch of teenage girls.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I had the same appalled reaction you all did, then I started thinking about it a bit more. Yes, it's a little narcissistic to post a picture like that, but by the same token, he has obviously put in a LOT of hard work to get that physique, so why not brag a little with a picture? That's the way his generation communicates.

And, yes, he is a member of the Queen's family (I think that's how his grandmother once described her children's position), but he's not in an official position, so he has no obligation to live up to public expectations.

It also occurred to me that if they been young people in this era, his grandparents would probably have been doing their own Instagram uploads. After all, they were pretty "edgy" for their generation.

But most important, he's an 18-year-old guy. Kids that age do all kinds of inappropriate and silly things. (A look at Princess Olympia of Greece's Instagram over the years shows a similar, um, lack of decorum.) Hopefully for him, it will interest the right girls and impress his buddies...and blow over.

Anyway, just some thoughts.
You raised some interesting points to consider. I showed the photo to my mother and your point about Arthur's physique was the first thing she pointed out - she said; "I bet he spends a lot of time at the gym". Even though I still somewhat stand by my initial opinion, after reading your post I now agree that perhaps he was just proud of what his hard work at the gym has resulted in and as a social media user, the natural instinct for him was to share it with his followers.

The only thing I'd disagree with you on is that not all young adults aged eighteen do silly and inappropriate things - but I understand what you mean.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

There's something homo erotic about that picture. Could he be the first openly gay member of the British royal family?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Arthur has another photo like this one on his Instagram; it seems like he's a fan of these topless photos. However, it doesn't leave a good impression on him in regards to his royal status. I doubt he'll take it down but it's not tasteful.
To be fair, Arthur Chatto is neither royal nor noble. His father Daniel Chatto is an artist and actor, as was his late grandfather Tom Chatto. His mother happens to be a Lady, is a granddaughter of a King and is the niece to the Queen. That is "all" there is. The dude is proud on his physique and shows it. Any link to royal life is remote.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

He is a completely private citizen. He has no title, and even if he did, he isn't a working royal. He has no protocol to follow. Nothing he is posting is that shocking, that different then many men his age do. The only person he answers to are his parents who are paying his schooling.

Now if he was still page if something to the queen, and was posting bizarre photos, then there would be room to comment.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You both missed this post of mine regarding this matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I thought it was clear that I meant "royal associations" but perhaps I should have used a better word if we have to be precise here. Of course people post these type of photos, as someone who actively uses social media I'm fully aware of that but we can all share our opinions and that's mine.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
arthur chatto, daniel chatto, lady sarah chatto, samuel chatto