The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2016, 02:10 AM
Majesty

The Queen's niece Lady Sarah Chatto has her hands full at Waitrose* | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 AM
Majesty

Oh my God, she went shopping How did she not send the servants

Does the writer realize even more senior royals have been known to actually grocery shop? Prince Harry has been spotted, and Kate certainly has pushed a shopping cart

Old 05-24-2016, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Whst a ridiculous article, especially the quip about William never being seem at Waitrose.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Lady Sarah Chatto is flavour of the month for the DM obviously! In spite of the dreadful article, it's still nice to see her in the media from time to time.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Oh my God, she went shopping How did she not send the servants

Does the writer realize even more senior royals have been known to actually grocery shop? Prince Harry has been spotted, and Kate certainly has pushed a shopping cart
Flunkies, not servants. LOL Just imagine the job description for a Chatto "flunky."
Old 06-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Lady Sarah with husband Daniel and brother Viscount Linley attended the Cartier Style et Luxe at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at Goodwood in Chichester on June 26:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 08-28-2016, 03:50 AM
Majesty

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: No wonder Arthur’s got an army of female fans… | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-28-2016, 05:12 AM
Courtier

Slow day for the DM!

Sarah has always been a gem in the royal family, understated and completely loyal.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:27 AM
Administrator

On September 17 Lady Sarah attended the Jasper Conran Show Spring/Summer 2017 during the London Fashion Week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-02-2016, 05:27 AM
Courtier

You have to like this girl!

She doesn't want the media, but won't shun it either.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Arthur Chatto giving the young girls something to scream about-
Her Majesty's former page boy is a hit with the ladies | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

I do not think that was a smart idea. I get the younger generation is the most "like us" than any other generation before, but this is not what you really want to do publicly. Lady Marina posted something not quite neutral and hers was locked down after.

Harry especially is walking a fine line with oversharing. Andy Cohen is not paying anyone for some reality show - Keeping Up With The Windsors.

They may not be the core "Royal Family", but while the Queen is alive, what they do in many respects reflects upon the family.....perception is everything.

I will say I do think Princess Margaret and the Earl did a wonderful job with both their children. They seem to both be happily married with good kids. They would be proud.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I do not think that was a smart idea. I get the younger generation is the most "like us" than any other generation before, but this is not what you really want to do publicly. Lady Marina posted something not quite neutral and hers was locked down after.

Harry especially is walking a fine line with oversharing. Andy Cohen is not paying anyone for some reality show - Keeping Up With The Windsors.

They may not be the core "Royal Family", but while the Queen is alive, what they do in many respects reflects upon the family.....perception is everything.

I will say I do think Princess Margaret and the Earl did a wonderful job with both their children. They seem to both be happily married with good kids. They would be proud.
I agree, maybe not the best picture to post on social media. IMO, this is sharing a little too much. And yes, my first thoughts were "I wonder what the Queen is thinking about this?" I wouldn't be too pleased.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Majesty

I don't like this, but then I don't like anyone to show pictures of themselves in their underwear. It certainly is "out there" for a royal relative. Hopefully his parents can convince him to take it down.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Arthur has another photo like this one on his Instagram; it seems like he's a fan of these topless photos. However, it doesn't leave a good impression on him in regards to his royal status. I doubt he'll take it down but it's not tasteful.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Ick. And he's also sharing his dry cleaning which is not my idea of decor.

I can tell I am old, because I just can't buy into the narcissism of selfies - half naked or not.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Arthur has another photo like this one on his Instagram; it seems like he's a fan of these topless photos. However, it doesn't leave a good impression on him in regards to his royal status. I doubt he'll take it down but it's not tasteful.
He has no royal status. Although related to royalty hes not one himself. Distasteful or not people post these kind of pics these days.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
He has no royal status. Although related to royalty hes not one himself. Distasteful or not people post these kind of pics these days.

I thought it was clear that I meant "royal associations" but perhaps I should have used a better word if we have to be precise here. Of course people post these type of photos, as someone who actively uses social media I'm fully aware of that but we can all share our opinions and that's mine.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Ick. And he's also sharing his dry cleaning which is not my idea of decor.

I can tell I am old, because I just can't buy into the narcissism of selfies - half naked or not.
You did get a huge chuckle out of me for I am so with you on this thing called *selfies*. Why show the world your everything and yr home is so far out there. He is a nice looking young man, no doubt about that yet maybe something is missing in his life to do this. I am wondering if all the people that show their lives on this social media thing have something missing elsewhere in their lives.

Must be old age sitting in or lose of brain power.....
Old 07-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Nobility

I had the same appalled reaction you all did, then I started thinking about it a bit more. Yes, it's a little narcissistic to post a picture like that, but by the same token, he has obviously put in a LOT of hard work to get that physique, so why not brag a little with a picture? That's the way his generation communicates.

And, yes, he is a member of the Queen's family (I think that's how his grandmother once described her children's position), but he's not in an official position, so he has no obligation to live up to public expectations.

It also occurred to me that if they been young people in this era, his grandparents would probably have been doing their own Instagram uploads. After all, they were pretty "edgy" for their generation.

But most important, he's an 18-year-old guy. Kids that age do all kinds of inappropriate and silly things. (A look at Princess Olympia of Greece's Instagram over the years shows a similar, um, lack of decorum.) Hopefully for him, it will interest the right girls and impress his buddies...and blow over.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Tags
arthur chatto, daniel chatto, lady sarah chatto, samuel chatto