Lady Sarah Chatto and Family News 1: October 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic 6.12.2007

Lady Sarah and her husband Daniel at the funeral of Billy Tallon,
Queen's Chapel, St James's Palace, London, Britain - 06 Dec 2007

----> Pic

And here's a pic of Sarah with her mother and brother in 1964:

----> Pic

Iceflower, I don't know what to see about the 1964 picture except 'Wow'. Lady Sarah was a happy baby, yes? :D

From Richard Kay's column in The Daily Mail
23 December 2007

Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah Chatto ventured to a West End theatre the other night and found herself being squirted by a water pistol.

Lady Sarah and her artist husband Daniel took their children Samuel, 11, and eight-year-old Arthur to Potted Potter, a comedy based loosely on the Harry Potter stories.

At one point in the play, an actor pulls out an enormous water gun and lets loose at the audience.

Lady Sarah and her party had sensibly taken backrow seats at the Trafalgar Studios venue, but they still got more than an eyeful.

Unstuffy Sarah laughed happily — perhaps delighted that a couple of newspaper critics a row in front of her took the brunt of the deluge.

SOURCE

Last edited:
The answer to Windsorbrides1, is that Sarah has a courtesy title, as befits the daughter of an Earl. She was Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, and, since her husband has no title, she can keep the Lady and add her new surname - Lady Sarah Chatto. If she had married someone with her title, whether higher or lower than hers, she would have changed her title to the appropriate one for his wife. However, her husband has no title himself, nor does he get one from her (that doesn't happen in Britain). Her children also have no title, as they have none to inherit from their father.

These are great photos, Ice!!! Esp. the 2nd one. I think Viscount L is adorable tickling his baby sister's chin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it may be different for actresses rather than actors, but Daniel Chatto was a working actor twenty years ago before he married Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. He even played Prince Andrew in one of those "Charles & Di" TV movies.

I never realised Mr. Chatto was an actor, I'm quite well up on such matters but this one completly escaped me:) Thanks Ella Kay

No problem, RP! In fact, I was puttering around on YouTube and found a video clip of Daniel Chatto playing Prince Andrew. The video is very low quality, but you can clearly see him walking beside "Prince Charles" in the wedding scenes about five minutes in:

What exactly does Mr. Chatto do these days if he's not acting? (Yes, I remembered him as an actor but I was too lazy to say something re Ms. Winkelman.)

I believe that he owns an art gallery. There was an article recently mentioning that it has been affected by the recession. There must have been a lay-off or something.

Here are some of his paintings.
http://www.longandryle.com/chatto.html

I have always liked Sarah. She herself is a very talented artist. The Queen seems to be especially fond of Sarah and I can see why - she is discreet and never
embarasses the royal family. With Princess Margaret now deceased, I think that the Queen tries to always include Sarah and David Linley in family get-togethers.

I adore her style! Her way of dressing is immecable. She is the one in the family who should have entered the fashion business.
Perhaps Sarah looks so sad recently is because the health of her father, the Earl of Snowden, is somewhat precarious.

No problem, RP! In fact, I was puttering around on YouTube and found a video clip of Daniel Chatto playing Prince Andrew. The video is very low quality, but you can clearly see him walking beside "Prince Charles" in the wedding scenes about five minutes in

Thanks Ella Kay, That was very interesting, quite a good video as well, wonder what Prince Andrew makes of Daniel after that?

I believe that he owns an art gallery. There was an article recently mentioning that it has been affected by the recession. There must have been a lay-off or something.

Lady Helen Taylor's husband Timothy Taylor owns his own gallery, and there was an article recently about cut backs. The link is the Lady Helen thread.

Perhaps that was who you were thinking of?

I've always wondered that myself, what does Daniel Chatto do?

Ah yes...I was mistaken. Thank you for the correction.:flowers:
Mr. Chatto must make his living as an artist then.

Pics 25.2.2009

One of Lady Sarah's rare official engagements, it would be
nice to see her more often..

Lady Sarah Chatto in her role as Vice President of the the Royal
Ballet School at the opening the new White Lodge Museum and
Ballet Resource Centre in Richmond Park Surrey which she dedicated
to the memory of her Mother Princess Margaret Countess of Snowdon
the school's President from 1956 until her death in 2002, February
25, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Very nice to see! She's even wearing a little make-up.:flowers:

I like her very much, I "discovered" her when I was living in England for a period. Had never heard of her before. I think she a lovely down to earth lady, I like the way she dresses, it suits her. She has a very individual style, i admire that

I have always liked Sarah. She herself is a very talented artist. The Queen seems to be especially fond of Sarah and I can see why - she is discreet and never
embarasses the royal family. With Princess Margaret now deceased, I think that the Queen tries to always include Sarah and David Linley in family get-togethers.

I adore her style! Her way of dressing is immecable. She is the one in the family who should have entered the fashion business.
Perhaps Sarah looks so sad recently is because the health of her father, the Earl of Snowden, is somewhat precarious.
I agree. Although Lady Sarah is not a princess, she has always been a wonderful asset to the British Royal Family.

I join the chorus of admirers of Lady Sarah, a true lady down to the tip of her toes. Yes it would certainly be a shame to hear something going sour with her marriage.

Pics 20.9.2009

Lady Sarah Chatto arriving at the Jasper Conran Spring / Summer
2010 show as part of London Fashion Week, UK, September 20,
2009. The lady next to her is British former prima ballerina of The
Royal Ballet Darcey Bussell.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 18.11.2009

Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto attend The Linley
Christmas Party, Pimlico, London, Britain, 18 Nov 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

More pics of the event can be found here.

I wonder whether what's in the Linley bag is a purchase or a door prize?:lol:

Thanks Iceflower. It's good to see Lady Sarah and Daniel out and about together.

Lady Sarah and her family attended two birthday events for Lord Snowdon:

Lord Snowdon pictured with his daughters Lady Frances von Hofmannsthal
and Lady Sarah Chatto and holding his granddaughter Maud von Hofmannsthal,
at his 80th birthday celebration and the launch of The Snowdon Alumni
at the Porchester Hall, London, March 5, 2010

** Pic **

Lady Sarah Chatto with her husband Daniel Chatto and their two sons
Arthur and Samuel attending her father British royal photographer Lord
Snowdon's 80th birthday celebration lunch at La Famiglia restaurant in
Chelsea, London, March 7, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sarah looks quite dowdy in the first picture, lovely to see Lord Snowdon with the baby. :)

A very nice public appearance today:

Sarah Chatto, husband Daniel Chatto and son Arthur Chatto look on
in the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminster before the State
Opening of Parliament on May 25, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

More pics and information can be found here:

** State Opening of Parliament 2002 - 2010 **

Daniel looks just like his mum. Lovely to see them out.

Hi. I think Samuel was a Page of Honour today. Last year a Chatto-boy was a Page too
Sorry, the Page of Honour was Arthur Chatto. You can read in the Court Circular. Have a nice day

So nice to see them! Arthur indeed bears a striking resemblance to his mother.

Back
Top Bottom