The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella in an amazing dress and, hopefully, one of her mother's tiaras. One can be sure that the wedding in question will be solemn in a good way.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not that long to go now! I'm looking forward to the wedding coverage.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the update!
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella in an amazing dress and, hopefully, one of her mother's tiaras. One can be sure that the wedding in question will be solemn in a good way.
I agree; with her fashion sense, she is bound to look amazing.

But- I wonder if she will wear one of her mother's tiaras, or if the Queen will lend one?

(Everyone thought Eugenie would wear the York tiara, yet she chose that spectacular emerald one from the vault.)
Old 03-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree; with her fashion sense, she is bound to look amazing.

But- I wonder if she will wear one of her mother's tiaras, or if the Queen will lend one?

(Everyone thought Eugenie would wear the York tiara, yet she chose that spectacular emerald one from the vault.)
I don't think the Queen would lend one, as there is no need. Her mother has 2 beautiful tiaras and she can choose, if she is going to wear tiara at all. She might even use diamond daisies in her hair that her mother wore at Monaco wedding:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DAN0AT/pri...ces-DAN0AT.jpg
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

Yes the diamond daisies would be lovely in her hair.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I don't think the Queen would lend one, as there is no need. Her mother has 2 beautiful tiaras and she can choose, if she is going to wear tiara at all. She might even use diamond daisies in her hair that her mother wore at Monaco wedding:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DAN0AT/pri...ces-DAN0AT.jpg

I don't care for those daisies.

And supposedly there was no need for Eugenie to borrow a tiara either, assuming her mother still possesses the York tiara.
So it is possible the Queen would lend a different one, if Gabriella prefers it.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

And supposedly there was no need for Eugenie to borrow a tiara either, assuming her mother still possesses the York tiara.
So it is possible the Queen would lend a different one, if Gabriella prefers it.
I don't like how Princess Michael wore them in Monaco with all those beads attached but they are pretty on their own. Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise wore them in her hair on her wedding day so it would be a nice touch if LG even wore one on her dress as a brooch.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara seems an obvious choice, as it was worn by her grandmother, her mother and her aunt on their big day. It would confirm a nice family tradition.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara seems an obvious choice, as it was worn by her grandmother, her mother and her aunt on their big day. It would confirm a nice family tradition.
Yes I'm hoping for the diamond fringe tiara as well, it is stunning.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
No, her grandmother wore the Vladimer Fringe tiara, borrowed from her own mother, even though she had the City of London one.

So Gabriella may very well choose something different.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
No, her grandmother wore the Vladimer Fringe tiara, borrowed from her own mother, even though she had the City of London one.

So Gabriella may very well choose something different.

Oh i didn't know that, always thought it was the City of London.
Thank you for this nice insight.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

It can be confusing to tell all the fringes apart. But when comparing the pictures closely, you can see that Marina wore her mother's fringe tiara on her wedding day.

What confuses me, is that Sophie Winkelman didn't wear a tiara when she married Lord Frederick. I really hope that Gabriella will not go along the same line.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
What confuses me, is that Sophie Winkelman didn't wear a tiara when she married Lord Frederick. I really hope that Gabriella will not go along the same line.
Well, once could say she did wear sort of tiara, although too small to be considered real tiara, but if you zoom the picture, one could see the base in this picture:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/L...pPBwWSQ-4x.jpg

Sort of bandeau tiara.

Quote:

Well, it's not the same being the male-line granddaughter of the reigning Queen, who is the Princess of the UK and being a minor royal member, a royal relative, although I like particular Kents more

So, technically, it is possible for Queen to lend a tiara for Lady Gabriella's wedding, but I think it's highly unlikely.

I also don't care for the daises, but if she doesn't want to wear a tiara, she might opt to add some daisies in her hair, just to have some diamonds in her hair.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:22 AM
Serene Highness

This report claims that neither the Cambridges nor the Sussexes are expected to be invited, and that the Queen is not expected to attend either. I'm not sure how true this report is. Princess Eugenie and Pippa Middleton will definitely be invited (as Kingston is a former boyfriend who is still close to Pippa):

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...-wedding-news/
Old 03-15-2019, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
This report claims that neither the Cambridges nor the Sussexes are expected to be invited, and that the Queen is not expected to attend either. I'm not sure how true this report is. Princess Eugenie and Pippa Middleton will definitely be invited (as Kingston is a former boyfriend who is still close to Pippa):

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...-wedding-news/
I wouldn't pay too much attention to this. It was written at the time the venue was announced a few months ago so it isn't official updated information. Essentially all the articles about the guestlist are pure speculation at this point.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal appearance of this wedding is being judged based on the low royal turnout at Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor’s wedding. It’s all a wait and see who’ll turn up at this wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the BRF weren't invited or there. IIRC Gabriella was not at Harry's wedding...can't remember about Williams. I've never gotten the impression that the Wales's were close to her family.

LaRae
Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the BRF weren't invited or there. IIRC Gabriella was not at Harry's wedding...can't remember about Williams. I've never gotten the impression that the Wales's were close to her family.

LaRae
Don't forget William and Harry grew up at KP, and played with Gabriella and Freddie.
So they might be closer than you imagine; Gabriella did attend William's wedding.

I think these press reports are based on attendance at Freddie's wedding, when most of the RF was away.

I will find it very strange if they don't attend Gabriella's.
Even the Queen will be right there at Windor so I don't see why she wouldn't go.

There's been some speculation that some of the European royals will attend; I just read that Gabriella was once linked with King Felipe (although I never heard of that before).
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would expect The Queen to be there...but not really going to be surprised if she's the lone representative.

LaRae
Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I just read that Gabriella was once linked with King Felipe
Sounds like a tabloid fantasy. She and her late cousin Theo Romanoff were friendly acquaintances when we were all at university, but it was definitely "a cousin thing," not at all romantic.

Tags
lady gabriella windsor