The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Mirabel, I completely agree. Even the placement of the flowers in the Chapel takes time to plan and there is the ordering. Some out of season flowers take time to arrive.
Why not simply use the flowers that are in season? There are plenty available.

But I hope they use colorful flowers, instead of mostly white (which seems usual for many royal weddings).

Old 01-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

I'm really looking forward to finding out the date of the wedding. I'm sure that Maud and her little sister Isabella will both be bridesmaids and I agree that one of Lady Helen's daughters my be an attendant as well as a nod to Helen asking Gabriella to be one of her bridesmaids back in the day. I think if little Arthur Matthews had been of age he would have been asked due to Tom's close friendship with Pippa but , of course, he's only a baby. Outwith the ones I've mentioned I don't really know who's almost certain to be asked.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I'm really looking forward to finding out the date of the wedding. I'm sure that Maud and her little sister Isabella will both be bridesmaids and I agree that one of Lady Helen's daughters my be an attendant as well as a nod to Helen asking Gabriella to be one of her bridesmaids back in the day. I think if little Arthur Matthews had been of age he would have been asked due to Tom's close friendship with Pippa but , of course, he's only a baby. Outwith the ones I've mentioned I don't really know who's almost certain to be asked.
Some of the Duke of Kent's great-grandchildren are the appropriate age, but some are Catholic so perhaps that might not work out?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Some of the Duke of Kent's great-grandchildren are the appropriate age, but some are Catholic so perhaps that might not work out?
I am sure that it isn't a requirement to be Anglican to have a role in the bridal party. So, Catholics are allowed (they won't refuse the bride's mother either ).
Old 03-02-2019, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The date has been chosen as May 18th, apparently:

Prince William's right royal dilemma: Royal wedding falls on the same day as FA Cup Final for second year in a row... when Duke of Cambridge would be expected to present the trophy

Will William miss the FA Cup Final again?
Old 03-02-2019, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope William will attend the wedding.
Someone else can present the trophy, that is an annual event.
The wedding is a one-time thing.

I'm glad it is in May; there are already so many events in June.
Wonder if any of the children will be among the wedding party?
Old 03-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Royal Highness

Almost exactly a year to the day from Harry's wedding. Hope she is just as lucky with the weather as he was. Meghan will have had her baby by then too, whereas there could have been a clash with wedding and baby in April which would have been a shame for Ella.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Almost exactly a year to the day from Harry's wedding. Hope she is just as lucky with the weather as he was. Meghan will have had her baby by then too, whereas there could have been a clash with wedding and baby in April which would have been a shame for Ella.

Well, I hope Ella doesn't even invite them.
They didn't think it necessary to invite her.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lord Frederick's wedding was a relatively "small" affair with not so much of a big royal turnout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...Winkleman.html

I don't expect any sight of the Cambridges and the Sussexes for this "royal "wedding, which is not ...
Old 03-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I hope William will attend the wedding.
Someone else can present the trophy, that is an annual event.
The wedding is a one-time thing.

I'm glad it is in May; there are already so many events in June.
Wonder if any of the children will be among the wedding party?
I think Maude is very likely and probably Isabella as well.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I doubt Meghan’s due date had any consideration when choosing the date for this wedding.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Again attendance or not doesn' t mean anything about the real relationships and dynamics inside the BRF.
Charles and William didn"t show up at Frederick's wedding, but we do know by Lady Frederick herself that they were in fact way more close than previously thought and incredibly supportive after her car accident.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lord Frederick's wedding was a relatively "small" affair with not so much of a big royal turnout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...Winkleman.html

I don't expect any sight of the Cambridges and the Sussexes for this "royal "wedding, which is not ...
Since Frederick & Sophie chose to marry in September it was never likely the Queen or Charles would attend as that is when they are in Scotland. And William and Harry were active duty military. I don’t think who attended that wedding is a good indicator for Gabriella’s.

The Queen may attend Gabriella’s wedding since it is at Windsor in May.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Since Frederick & Sophie chose to marry in September it was never likely the Queen or Charles would attend as that is when they are in Scotland. And William and Harry were active duty military.
Validating your previous point that the Kents are most probably making plans without the senior royals agenda in mind ...
But it's indeed at St George's chapel, so ...
Old 03-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't be surprised if William didn't attend, and attended the FA cup instead. It was one thing to miss his brother's wedding reception, but a distant cousin's wedding? We know he has missed his cousin's weddings before. He attended a friend's wedding instead of Peter's wedding back in the day.

Considering the wedding is at Windsor, I'd expect the royals who are able to (no conflicting schedule) to attend. I would be surprised if the queen didn't make it since it is at Windsor.

Freddie's wedding is no sign of what may or may not be. Freddie had a more private wedding, and a much smaller guest list. It was an intimate private wedding. We don't know if he invited any royals, to say they didn't attend.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few Greek royals in attendance. King Constantine is her godfather. Her godparents include Constantine, Marina Oglivy and Prince Mariano Hugo, Prince of Windisch-Graetz. Mariano's wife is second cousins of the Kents (her maternal grandmother was Princess Elizabeth, the elder sister of Princess Marina).

If she has child wedding party I'd be shocked if Maude was not her Aunt's bridesmaid. Possibly Isabella but she is only 3. I know we have seen that age in royal weddings before, but depends on if the child can handle it. The Duchess of Wellington is also one of her godparents. Perhaps one of the Wellesley grandkids?
Old 03-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Well, I hope Ella doesn't even invite them.
They didn't think it necessary to invite her.
I didn't mean it would be a shame because they couldn't go to her wedding if the baby and wedding dates were too close I meant that it would have taken the spotlight from her on her big day. I totally agree that she shouldn't invite them. They found room for celebrities like Oprah and the Beckhams over her and other family members so why should she?
Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I didn't mean it would be a shame because they couldn't go to her wedding if the baby and wedding dates were too close I meant that it would have taken the spotlight from her on her big day. I totally agree that she shouldn't invite them. They found room for celebrities like Oprah and the Beckhams over her and other family members so why should she?
I don't think it's a zero sum game like "lets' invite the Beckhams and not cousin Ella".
Old 03-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Gabriella and Tom attended Pippa’s wedding as she was friends with Tom. So given Pippa and James are likely to be there I suspect William and Kate might.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Again attendance or not doesn' t mean anything about the real relationships and dynamics inside the BRF.
Charles and William didn"t show up at Frederick's wedding, but we do know by Lady Frederick herself that they were in fact way more close than previously thought and incredibly supportive after her car accident.

Also at the Weddings of the gloucester children not many members of the main line where present. The only Wedding of one of the Queen's cousin's children with a big number of Family members present (even the Queen and the Queen Mothter) was the one of Lady Helen who also married at St. Georgs Chapel.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if William didn't attend, and attended the FA cup instead. It was one thing to miss his brother's wedding reception, but a distant cousin's wedding?

The question is whioch the the wedding is and whioch the FA Cuop. If the wedding is in the morning it would perhaps allow him to attend the Ceremony and then go to the FA Cup if he wants to.

Tags
lady gabriella windsor