The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
... I am sure Princess Michael didn't want that Lady Gabriella married Aatish
How can you be sure? Are you privvy to Princess Michael's private thoughts?
All we have is Princess Michael's reported statement "I am very fond of her boyfriend. I would not be against a marriage..."

If you disbelieve the truth of this statement you are inferring that Princess Michael was lying. Are you prepared to state that as a fact?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

No,of course not like a fact,it's just my subjective opinion.She liked him,but I don't believe all the words of anybody exactly,I just think Princess Michael dreamt to see a titled man near Lady Gabriella.
But I liked very much this couple and I've thought they were very much in love with each other.But unfortunately Aatish and Gabriella broke up,that's the reality.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Gentry

. i always thought that lady gabriella and lord frederick would marry blue blood, but frederick married an actress and maybe lady gabriella will never marry.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I do believe she will marry some day, but there's no hurry - she's not even 30.

She has just started a new study and she seems to be the type who loves to experience life before she settles down, which sounds perfectly okay to me. I recently watched an interview of MC in French television and she seemed indeed very fond of Aatish. I don't think she just wanted to be nice, back then Aatish seemed well integrated, often seen together with Ella's parents and they also gave a few interviews as a couple - which, IMO, wouldn't have happened if MC or Michael wouldn't have liked the idea of Aatish as a son-in-law-to-be. I just think Ella's parents knew that she was very young back then, a bit too young to marry probably.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Lady Gabriella Windsor attends the Catherine Walker Memorial Service at St Luke's Church, Chelsea. January 28, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank You for pics!
Does anyone know why did she attend this service?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the pictures, Marika! Catharine Walker was a famous designer and Ella & her mother wore her outfits quite often, I guess they might have been friends, too.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thanks for the pictures, Marika! Catharine Walker was a famous designer and Ella & her mother wore her outfits quite often, I guess they might have been friends, too.
Thank You for the info,how old was Catherine Walker when she died?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

She was 65 years old, died on September 23, 2010. She was also one of Diana's favorite designers.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Commoner

Lady Ella has begun a PhD at Oxford

Telegraph.co.uk - 18 Feb 2011

Prince Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor dons an Oxford gown - Telegraph

The Royal Family

Prince Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor dons an Oxford gown

Lady Gabriella Windsor, the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent, has begun a PhD at Oxford University.

Tim Walker. Edited by Richard Eden
6:30AM GMT 19 Feb 2011

When Lady Gabriella Windsor chose to attend Brown University in America it was seen as part of a growing trend for young Britons to study abroad.

However, the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent has shown that she has nothing against higher education in Britain by starting an anthropology PhD course at Oxford.

“She graduated six years ago, so it is quite a thing to go back,” says her mother, Princess Michael. “I am very proud.”
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
No,of course not like a fact,it's just my subjective opinion.She liked him,but I don't believe all the words of anybody exactly,I just think Princess Michael dreamt to see a titled man near Lady Gabriella.
But I liked very much this couple and I've thought they were very much in love with each other.But unfortunately Aatish and Gabriella broke up,that's the reality.
Princess Michael of Kent has offered a stinging rebuke to the English propensity to breed dogs and horses properly but spend little time and thought on genetic match-making for their children.

In a chat with a German newspaper, Princess Michael was overly acerbic about inter-caste breeding. "The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children," she told Welt am Sonntag. "God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their Labrador. But their children marry anywhere."

Guns and Butter Blog: February 2005 (Quote) "So Taseer is very handsome, but he is simply a wrong sort of a "breed" for her daughter." (Unquote)
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Wow that's, uh, candid(??) of her to say. Personally I wouldn't have said anything like that, but I guess that's how she rolls up in the palace.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Commoner

What a featherbrained weblog... Award-winning material.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle View Post
Telegraph.co.uk - 18 Feb 2011

However, the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent has shown that she has nothing against higher education in Britain by starting an anthropology PhD course at Oxford.

“She graduated six years ago, so it is quite a thing to go back,” says her mother, Princess Michael. “I am very proud.”
Ella is studying Social Anthropology at Linacre College, Oxford.

Linacre College
Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTulip View Post
What a featherbrained weblog... Award-winning material.
Quite spectacular nonsense indeed. These internet blabbers with no real job or life, oh well...
Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Commoner

Brides ARE getting older... first-time bride is now 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
. i always thought that lady gabriella and lord frederick would marry blue blood, but frederick married an actress and maybe lady gabriella will never marry.
The typical first-time bride is now 30, the Office of National Statistics reported this week, confirming a trend few of us had failed to notice. Brides are getting older – even in royal circles . . . . . Lady Gabriella Windsor, daughter of Prince Michael of Kent is 30 this month and not even engaged.

I got to the church on time... - Telegraph

By Anna Tyzack 6:00AM BST 01 Apr 2011

The typical first-time bride is now 30, the Office of National Statistics reported this week, confirming a trend few of us had failed to notice. Brides are getting older – even in royal circles: Kate Middleton will be 29 when she marries Prince William this month – almost a decade older than Lady Diana Spencer when she married Prince Charles in 1981.

Princess Anne was 23 at her 1973 nuptials to Captain Mark Phillips but their daughter Zara will be 30 when she ties the knot with England rugby player Mike Tindall in July. Lady Gabriella Windsor, daughter of Prince Michael of Kent is 30 this month and not even engaged.

I don't remember thinking "Help, I'm not married yet" when my 30th birthday was looming large. But I clearly had some subconscious qualms about it because when my boyfriend proposed last July I found myself, somewhat irrationally, desperate to get married before I entered my fourth decade. My parents tried to persuade me that the garden at our family home would provide a stunning backdrop for a summer wedding but I opted to walk down the aisle in February aged 29 and 10 months.

It was ridiculous, and I'm embarrassed to admit it. My husband couldn't care less whether he married a girl in her twenties or thirties. Now we're back from honeymoon, I've still got to face turning 30 next Wednesday.

But I know that many women my age feel under pressure to be married by 30. My friend Helen is sneaking her wedding in nine days before her 30th. "When I was younger I thought I'd be married with kids by the time I was 25,'' she says.

Another friend turns 30 in a month with no fiancé in sight and feels a failure. ''Growing up I always had a timeline in my head. By 30 I was meant to be married with at least one child,'' she tells me.I think our mothers are partly to blame for making us terrified about ending up as geriatric thirtysomething brides. The average bride in the Seventies was in her early twenties – my mother was 22. I grew up assuming that I'd marry young like her – probably straight after university. I liked the idea of marrying in my twenties and having time to enjoy life as a couple before starting a family in my thirties. That's what my parents did. They'd been married eight years when I was born.
But by the time I was 21 and half way through my degree, I'd changed my mind. In fact, I found it astonishing that my mother felt ready to get married at such a tender age. I couldn't have contemplated such a commitment; nothing in my life had fallen into place. I remember being terrified when a friend who'd graduated the year before me, announced she was engaged, at 21.
Along with most of my female friends, I spent my twenties getting my career on track and having fun. Even if I had been on the hunt for a husband I'd have struggled. Any normal boy I met was even less up for marriage than I was. My male friends still refer to proposing as "pulling the trigger". In fact, remove the bodyclock factor – doctors encourage us to try for children before 35 to avoid declining fertility – and I'm sure the typical bride would be a good deal older than 30.
"But if you care about getting married before having children, which I do, and you want more than one child then you do the maths and work out that you really need to get married preferably before you're 30," says my friend Helen.
She's right. But it doesn't leave much time to establish your marriage and enjoy being a couple without the stress of children. Perhaps, though, that is the price women and men must pay for doing our own thing and getting our lives sorted in our twenties.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

so is she abroad for the summer studying i didn't see her at the trooping of the color her father and mother were there.is she going to the wedding in Monaco does any one know ?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
so is she abroad for the summer studying i didn't see her at the trooping of the color her father and mother were there.is she going to the wedding in Monaco does any one know ?
Gabriella is supposedly studying in Oxford for her Phd. She wasn't at the trooping, and we won't know if she'll be at the wedding until the day.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Gentry

I have to say that Lady Gabriella is the prettiest member of the British royal family, maybe it's me but she bears a strong resemblance to her grandmother, Princess Marina. She seems so level headed and bright I hope she succeeds at university.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm1952 View Post
I have to say that Lady Gabriella is the prettiest member of the British royal family, maybe it's me but she bears a strong resemblance to her grandmother, Princess Marina. She seems so level headed and bright I hope she succeeds at university.
I agree that lady Gabriella is very nice and she is a true lady,but I see no strong resemblance between her and Marina,at least the physical one

Tags
lady gabriella windsor