Kate vs. Chelsy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows which relationship will last, but since neither girls are great beauty, they must have appealing personalities that keep their boyfriends by their side:cool: However, neither girls demonstrate any work ethic that will show they are prepared for the hard work and media scrutiny to face any future wife of either William and Harry.

Chelsy is a bit more outgoing, independent and has a lot of baggage thanks to her father's connection with the mogabe regime. She' still a student, but party' as hard as her boyfriend and needs to learn that she's no longer a regular teenager and should dress appropriately. I see her loyalty to Harry and he seems to be protective of her, a sign of his strong character.

On the other hand, we don't know much about Kate other than what the cheesy media headlines feeds us. She's discreet and her family know how to keep their silence. All I see from Kate is the characteristic of a typical rich socialite, partying with her boyfriend, waiting around for him to propose and of course the endless shopping pictures since 2004. She doesn't have the star quality Diana was gifted with through out her life, but maybe that's what appeals to William, dating an assuming girl who doesn't grap much attention.

I like Kate a little more, I must admit. Maybe because she was precieved much better then Chealsy by the Press. I think she is right the Royal material and will be a very good consort to William. If they choose to marry, I will be very happy about it.
Chealsy doesn't strike me as the right one for the wife of the 3rd in the line but that's my opinion. What matters is love and if they really love each other, then I will again be happy, if I hear about their engagemnt.
And I am not going to compare the girls because it's pointless, they are too differen, imo. But I think Kate resemblse Camilla and Chealsy is a mixture od Diana and Fergie (imo), I mean character. No basis under the statement, just my opinion.

No person is ever ready for the amount of scrutiny they would be under after becoming royal. Even Maxima and Letizia who had high-power jobs and demanding hours were most probably still overwhelmed at the very beginning of their marriages. The third in line will most probably never see the throne. And I'm sure William will have children. So the way I see it; Harry is free to marry anyone he pleases. William should marry for love of course but there is always going to be a standard to which his women are set to. I think Kate meets that standard. Unless he marries a royal (Princess Madeleine anyone? :rolleyes: ) I think Kate has a very good shot.

I think that Kate is a wonderful choice. This girl is classy and has proved she can handle herself in any situation. She always comes off graceful and elegant even under the watchful eyes of the papparazzi who is just waiting for her to slip up. I think she would be a very strong support for William and what lies ahead for him as well. Thats a tough road to walk alone.

As for Chelsy, she is just being a young student and behaving like one. I think she may change as she gets older and matures. Her personality seems to fit perfectly with Harry, who as we can see is also changing (even if slowly) and maturing before our eyes. I personally think he will have several girlfriends in the years to come. But at least he's learning what its like to be in a relationship.

IMO I think we all have our different views on both Chelsy and Kate because how the media has portrayed them. I mean look at PW and PH, the media loves to make PW the good one while PH is portrayed at a bad boy redel. I think they want their girlfriends to fit that mole too. So really we should stop comparing them because obviously they are two different people and are with two very different men. Plus how do we know they are like what we think they are. It might be the other way around. Kate could relly act like Chelsy and Chelsy can really act like Kate. They haven't given interviews or really have done anything worth admiring so we should drop the topic because its pointless comparing these two.

PS I hope I didn't offend anyone or came across a little harsh but thats my opinion.

Kaydura0717 i totally agree with you. its ok to discuss and compare PW and PH because we have heard interviews about them or interviews that they have given and we also do know alot more about them. Kate and Chelsy mayb two very different people because as you say PW and PH are two different people aswell so they are going to have different taste in girls. Needless to say, we should drop this whole comparsion thing its not fair on the girls PW and PH obvioulsy like them the way they are and if theyre happy then so should we be.

how old is Chelsy? Kate's 24, right?

Chelsy is 20 (she's a year younger than Harry) and Kate is 24 ( she's just 6 months older than William).

Toledo said:
But Kate balances William out. The curious thing is Camilla has or seems to have the same effect on Charles. I've never seem him (Prince Charles) happier, stable ever before as he is now. If Kate can pull that off, more power to her as the next consort Queen Katherine (or is it Catherine?)

I agree with you on both accounts. And, I think Camilla is settling in as the wife and stepmother. There's seems to be a genuine relationship between Camilla and the boys.

There is a reason Wills is with Kate, and there is a reason Harry is with Chelsy. We will never know why they are together but they see something in those girls. And they shouldn´t care what we think, they should do what they want and be with the ones they want to be with. Which seems to be Kate and Chelsy.

And don´t say chelsy is like Paris Hilton. Okay she doesn´t dress very classy, but she has never done anhything outragous. She seems to have a very thick skin which is exactly what a Princess should have.

Every picture I've ever seen of Chelsy shows her with her mouth hanging open. Is she a mouth-breather? It certainly makes her appear to be a dim bulb.

I'm a mouth breather.Some peoples nasal passages are crooked, blocked, too small or whatever. I am a dim bulb but I'm sure that's just a coincidence:rolleyes:

Ok Chelsy dresses just like the normal teenagers who wear trendy clothes thats in fashion right now. The only reason it looks different on Chelsy is because she has a vuloptous and curvy body. If Kate wore the same clothes as her you wouldn't be saying anything because Kate's very willowy and skinny so it looks classy. So don't judge them by their clothes because then you are judging alot of people because what Chelsy wears is in style.

Poor Kate, poor Chelsy, forever being compared to each other. ;)

I think they are both very brave to even have considered dating William or Harry. :rolleyes:

Now that they are dating them, they are brave for going anywhere they could possibly be photographed or seen. :eek: :D

A totally ridiculous discussion. These are very young women, who we don't know. They are trying to conduct their lives as best they can. Both princes will have to make the choice and hopefully do a better job than their father, who also can't be totally blamed, because he was pushed into his decision. Saying this one is this or that without any personal knowledge of either is silly. I hope they all have good lives and enjoy this wonderful stage they are at, without the constant prattling about them.

Read it. I think its all hogwash. We should just take it as a grain of salt.

An interesting view...this gives a very different portrayl of Kate and Chelsy...quite the opposite of what most of the media shows!

They both seem interesting and quite pretty but Kate has that something extra

Royal Fan said:
They both seem interesting and quite pretty but Kate has that something extra

Kate presents herself as being mature and having good judgement (IMO).

I must admit that I always liked Kate a little more then Chealsy but my attitude has somehow change during the last weeks.
I like the both girls pretty much. They make their Princes happy.
It's funny though that the press praisses Kate so mush and almost never, as long as I remember, praises Chealsy.

Well they do comment on her figure quite a lot. IMO, Chelsy seems to be the more heart-on-her-sleeve type. You can see a lot of emotions on her face. Kate is a lot more reserved and harder to read.

I have always prefered Chelsy. In my opinion, she seems really great, how she loves to have fun, is so full of life, and Harry clearly adores her, the pictures you see of them together, and the way he talks about her. The pictures I see of Chelsy are her stressed about the attention when she is doing things such as arriving at the airport, but she never complains. Kate on the other hand will smile,laugh and pose one day, then scowl like death the next and there are always articles about her lawyers and papparazi, and that bothers me. Yes the attention would be hell, but make up your mind on how you want to handle it.You can't play games with the press because in the end they will always win. Chelsy lives with her brother in Cape Town and I see a lot of photos of her hanging with her friends and at uni. Kate is always either shopping alone or with her mum. I know work is hard to find, but she doesn't even voulenteer which is good for doing something and getting some sort of experiance.If she was I think we would know because of the photographers would pounce on it. She also appears boring and dreary, whereas Chelsy just oozes personality in every photo. I find it strange she is seen as the boozer when we have only seen her leaving bars a couple of times, whereas leaving bars and clubs is one of about 3 of the same photos we see of Kate- the other two are shopping and at sporting events such as Williams rugby and soccer and Windsor horse show.Anyway, that is just my opinion. I think maybe one of the reasons Kate seems so contrary is the whole decoy theory. I think it is entirely possible she is not his girlfriend at all. William did once say "I can promise you no one will ever know who I'm dating....." interesting statement, since relationships can sometimes be kept secret, and it would be even easier if the press are allready following someone thinking she's the one.

Aussie Princess said:
I have always prefered Chelsy. In my opinion, she seems really great, how she loves to have fun, is so full of life, and Harry clearly adores her, the pictures you see of them together, and the way he talks about her. The pictures I see of Chelsy are her stressed about the attention when she is doing things such as arriving at the airport, but she never complains. Kate on the other hand will smile,laugh and pose one day, then scowl like death the next and there are always articles about her lawyers and papparazi, and that bothers me. Yes the attention would be hell, but make up your mind on how you want to handle it.

Chelsy isn't in London though, Kate's probably trailed by the paparazzi from the moment she leaves her door til the moment she returns to it. I'm not surprised if she looks grumpy, I certainly would be if I can't even nip out for a paper without somebody sticking a camera lens in my face.

Aussie Princess said:
You can't play games with the press because in the end they will always win. Chelsy lives with her brother in Cape Town and I see a lot of photos of her hanging with her friends and at uni. Kate is always either shopping alone or with her mum. I know work is hard to find, but she doesn't even voulenteer which is good for doing something and getting some sort of experiance.

Whether she works or volunteers is something we won't know. For all we know she could be working in the family business, which has been claimed ion several occasions. Perfectly plausible. It might also explain why she spends alot of time with her Mum. Not that there's anything wrong with that imo. And as for volunteering, it's hardly something she's going to publicise.

Aussie Princess said:
If she was I think we would know because of the photographers would pounce on it. She also appears boring and dreary, whereas Chelsy just oozes personality in every photo.

There are lots of pictures of Chelshy looking dreary too, that doesn't mean she's a dreary person nor does it mean Kate is.

Aussie Princess said:
I have always prefered Chelsy. In my opinion, she seems really great, how she loves to have fun, is so full of life, and Harry clearly adores her, the pictures you see of them together, and the way he talks about her. The pictures I see of Chelsy are her stressed about the attention when she is doing things such as arriving at the airport, but she never complains. Kate on the other hand will smile,laugh and pose one day, then scowl like death the next and there are always articles about her lawyers and papparazi, and that bothers me. Yes the attention would be hell, but make up your mind on how you want to handle it.You can't play games with the press because in the end they will always win. Chelsy lives with her brother in Cape Town and I see a lot of photos of her hanging with her friends and at uni. Kate is always either shopping alone or with her mum. I know work is hard to find, but she doesn't even voulenteer which is good for doing something and getting some sort of experiance.If she was I think we would know because of the photographers would pounce on it. She also appears boring and dreary, whereas Chelsy just oozes personality in every photo. I find it strange she is seen as the boozer when we have only seen her leaving bars a couple of times, whereas leaving bars and clubs is one of about 3 of the same photos we see of Kate- the other two are shopping and at sporting events such as Williams rugby and soccer and Windsor horse show.Anyway, that is just my opinion. I think maybe one of the reasons Kate seems so contrary is the whole decoy theory. I think it is entirely possible she is not his girlfriend at all. William did once say "I can promise you no one will ever know who I'm dating....." interesting statement, since relationships can sometimes be kept secret, and it would be even easier if the press are allready following someone thinking she's the one.

I agree with you 100%.;)

Being a royal's girlfriend is like a contract. It's like being a teacher and dealing with all the annoying kids. Yes, there are times when you just wanna slap them, but they are why you have a job. Same goes for royals and their girlfriends. The annoying kids change to the annoying papparazzi and press. And if you can't deal with them, you might as well go and find another career.:cool:

I think many times when Kate is all stressed out and mad, she is playing the old, "God, why do these people wanna know about me?" Give me a break.:cool: In case she hasn't noticed and ski holidays, carribean holidays, etc are not by "Wills" they are funded thanks to the tax payers of Britian. Sorry if I offended anyone.:)

Chelsy on the other hand, lives her life normally like anyone in university. If anyone who goes to clubs, wears tank tops, smokes etc is not a party animal, they are just teenagers. What most people forget about Kate and Chelsy is that Kate is 24 and Chelsy just turned 20. For all we know Kate already went through this phase, and if I remember correctly, there was this one instance when she walked down the runway wearing something not all that conservative. Chelsy seems more like a one who don't care what people think of them. I really like her.;)

Again Iam sorry if I offended anyone.:( :)

Little_star said:
Chelsy isn't in London though, Kate's probably trailed by the paparazzi from the moment she leaves her door til the moment she returns to it. I'm not surprised if she looks grumpy, I certainly would be if I can't even nip out for a paper without somebody sticking a camera lens in my face.

Whether she works or volunteers is something we won't know. For all we know she could be working in the family business, which has been claimed ion several occasions. Perfectly plausible. It might also explain why she spends alot of time with her Mum. Not that there's anything wrong with that imo. And as for volunteering, it's hardly something she's going to publicise.

There are lots of pictures of Chelshy looking dreary too, that doesn't mean she's a dreary person nor does it mean Kate is.
I'm not saying this to be nasty to you, but I do disagree, I'll put them in blocks to relate to the same ones you've written-

1. Chelsy is not in London. She does not have the support Kate does. Kate usually has William around(although he is at sandhurst now) she also is rumored to have royal protection now, and if you see photos of her, she clearly did not arrive with the royal family, to Cheltnham but was supposedly invited into the box by Charles when he saw she was being photographed- but she was smiling and posing yet again, only too happy. Kate is also not trailed from the moment she leaves her door- how many pictures have been taken of Kate? a few times leaving bars, a couple of times shopping, klosters, mustique......someone being trailed was Lady Diana Spencer in 1980. Kate is given a VERY easy time by the press- and I didn't criticise her for looking sour and upset and the photographers- I know I would, but I DO criticise her for doing that, and threatening legal action one day, then posing and smiling the next- at least be consistent and make up your mind! as I said, the press will ALWAYS win- smarter more experianced people have played ball with them and simply don't stand a chance.
I also agree with you that no decent person would boast about helping charity, but if Kate was followed from the moment she leaves her door as you said, would we not have seen her entering a building? the fact is, we would know, as the press are so determined to get a perfect princess image out there, they would have pounced on that the second they saw her within a 10 mile radius of a hospital or something. we would know is all I'm saying. She has been photographed just once leaving 'the family buisness' so I'm sure had it been done more than once we would have seen it- Lady Diana Spencer was followed to and from her kindergarten basically every day. they didn't take one photo and then decide that was enough.
When have you ever seen a photo of Chelsy looking dreary? are you confusing it with down right miserable? she often is when she flies back to Cape Town from London as she is heart broken to be leaving her boyfriend.remember that video of her leaving an airport and looking so sad, and getting into a car and looking up looking so scared then slowly lowering her head into her hands?it looked really heartbreaking. anyways, that's just the way I interpret things, I don't want you to think I'm being mean to you cause I don't intend to be.:) I just have the very strong opinion that Chelsy is given a raw deal by a lot of people

Last edited by a moderator:
Laraib said:
I agree with you 100%.
It's nice to see another Chelsy supporter. I also don't think Chelsy is seen is bars often AT ALL when you compare her to Kate- I can't understand why Chelsy got that reputation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom