Harry and William's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it astonishing to witness the easy acceptance of William's future Kingship on this thread. Do we honestly believe that this boy is going to seamlessly slid into the role of King and that his reign will be a happy one? Prince charles was born into an age of unquestioning deferance and yet he still managed to make a right old mess of things and yet some of us expect a young man of 22 (in this day and age) to be the saviour of the Monarchy. Give me a break!

Dude...it is not like we have a choice. Besides I think that William will come to turns w/ his destiny and that he will make a great king

To me, it seems like William is jealous of Harry, but on certain points. Not at everything, just certain things, that could make him jealous of his brother. (Don't know why.) But yeah.

im sure he will make a great king one day.... in many many centuries!!!

I think there is a bit of jearlous but it is on both sides. It is called sibling rivalry. Harry doesn't have the pressures of one day being King but on the other hand William doesn't have to prove himself as an indivdual because it is already defined for him in a way.

We must remember that the royal family is no longer a political force. The Queen does have a weekly audience with the PM but that is about it. Part of the reason so much attention is being paid to them because of Diana, although no matter who their mother is attention will be paid.

THis is only my opinion

i think william could feel abit jealous role, in the royal family becouse they will have different path in thier life

james said:
I find it astonishing to witness the easy acceptance of William's future Kingship on this thread. Do we honestly believe that this boy is going to seamlessly slid into the role of King and that his reign will be a happy one? Prince charles was born into an age of unquestioning deferance and yet he still managed to make a right old mess of things and yet some of us expect a young man of 22 (in this day and age) to be the saviour of the Monarchy. Give me a break!
There have been numerous young monarchs in history and they have been some of the brightest. Anyways William has a number of years before he will be King after all his grandmother still has her health and his father is before him in line for the throne so I doubt he will become King before he's fifty. It seems to me that William has his grandmother's sense of duty and when the time comes will be a good King.

Prince William is soooo not jealous of Prince Harry. U kiddin'? Remind me again...whose going to be king? anyways i might just think that because im a HUGE william fan! im sooo goin to marry him one day!lol!

Roxy_bula said:
Prince William is soooo not jealous of Prince Harry. U kiddin'? Remind me again...whose going to be king? anyways i might just think that because im a HUGE william fan! im sooo goin to marry him one day!lol!
hi!

I would agree with you!

I dont think so! but William and Harry dont jealous because both are good brothers!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
hi!

I would agree with you!

I dont think so! but William and Harry dont jealous because both are good brothers!

Sara Boyce
Actually I think they are more likely to be jealous because they are brothers. Not horribly jealous but I think all siblings are at least a little jealous of each other. It may be little things like wishing you had inherrited the physical or personality trait from a parent such as intelligence, curly hair or something.

And I bet every oldest child wishes at times that they were the youngest and the youngest wishes they were the oldest or a middle child wishes they were in either position because they envy privillages their siblings in those positions recieve. I know in my family we are all treated very differantly with things. My youngest brother is failing English and nobody is too bothered. I got a D in a class once and it was as if I had commited murder!

When you have brothers like William and Harry who will lead very differant lives as they grow older because of birth order they must have some jealously. Harry can get away with all the things William wouldn't and doesn't have nearly as much preasure on him. And of course William will be King eventually. But like you said they are brothers so these small jealous feelings they probably share will not be getting in the way of their close friendship. And because only the two of them will really EVER understand what they have to put up with being royal children and Diana's sons they are undoubtly always going to extremely close.

Harry and Wills relationship

There has been rumours about jealousy, fighting and that the two brothers are so different that they never would have been friends if they were not brothers.
So what do you know/think about their relationship?
Are they as close as they seem or is it only play for the gallery?
Please post pics, quotes and so on.

Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)

Like many siblings, you get what you get, instead of what you'd like!

I don't think they are very much alike in temperament.

And while Harry might envy the extra attention William receives, William probably feels some envy that Harry is going to have the ability to choose his vocation and lifestyle to a greater extent.

But they are the only two young men who really understand what it is like to be princes, Diana's sons and the attraction of so much attention. That has to create some common bond.

polop said:
Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)

I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.

I do like Prince William and Kate very much! because more together for about 2 years but i understand William wanted Kate lived with him at Clarence House and he told his dad and his Grandmother the HM Queen both says yes that really decide!

i dont like Prince Harry's girlfriend but she looks very attractives girls and she visit Harry often at England very much! and she still wait for Harry since he training at Sandhurst

Sara Boyce

Harry's polo shirt said:
I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.

True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)

We don't know what their relationship truly is. Diana once said publicly that Harry was much more extroverted and easy-going than William, who tended to be more sensitive and introspective. Like all sibling relationships, I'm sure they've had their fights, but they probably love each other very much and are supportive of the other in general.

Opposites attract right. Will probably enjoys Harry's rebelious behavior.

Hey polop who is in your avitar. It looked like Lauren Bush at a glance but I know its not.

Is polop's avitar Princess Madeleine of Sweden?

No, that's me.(just kidding!)I wish it was me.:p That is Princess Madeleine.

I would assume that they aren't best friends or anything because of their differant personalities. I also would assume William would be prone to lecturing Harry about his misbehavior. However I don't think they're distant or anything. They probably talk on the phone when they get a chance and visit some times.

I also think that they are quite close, but not best friends. I think they get along very well even though they are very different. Also, we don't know how they REALLY are like, we have only got an impression of what they are like through the media, interwiews and so on. I think Harry looks up to William, and that William in many ways has been quite protective of Harry- especially when they were younger.
At the same time, William very early got the attention from the media and became the Prince Charming while Harry was just seen as the spair-heir, wich I don't think was easy for any of them.
We don't really know them, even though we think we know what they are like.

Their relationship, to me, seems like that of Princess Caroline (William) and Princess Stephanie (Harry) because harry is the more outrageous and scandalous one and william is the dedicated reseerved royal. So i think that perhaps they have a similar relationship like the Monaco sisters. But at the same time, i think that Wills is protective of his brother though, when the need arises. However, i do think that the they get on well, just not got much in common like Caroline and Stephanie. Just my opinion of course

Last edited:
polop said:
True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)

Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions!:D :D ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.

Britters said:
Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions!:D :D ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.

I understand what you're saying;I really didn't mean that they both should've been the first people to meet each others girlfriends,but how they have been introduced to one another.(girlfriend and brother):) :rolleyes:

Will was probably hesitant to introduce Kate to Harry because he didn't want to scare her away.:p

Hello! I think I am beginning to get the hang of posting! Does anyone have any new photos of Harry or Wills?

I think they're close but not as close...and someone here said that their relationship is like Princess Carolin and Steph's and I agree with that a 100% :D

Back
Top Bottom