The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Majesty

Royal brothers: Prince Harry and Prince William's best bro-ments - HELLO! US

"Sibling goals! Prince William and Prince Harry are the true definition of brotherhood. Whether they are performing their royal duties, exploring the world, or just enjoying some downtime, the two always share a special bond. Here is a look at William and Harry's best brotherly moments. "

Old 09-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Like most siblings they’ve probably had their moments but it sure looks like they have each other’s back. Yes I think they are close

Old 10-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Nobility

I am sure where to post this The mods can move it if it's wrong. Anyway,

Harry and William are brothers and they are indeed close but they are also very different. William shows no affection for or to Kate in public ever, not a hand old, not a kiss on the cheek, or a quick hug just because he wants to.

Harry on the other hand held Meghan's hand tight and chatted with her intimately at the IG tennis match and he did not care who saw him or them.

At the closing he held her very close on a couple of occasions and laid a kiss on her twice. I hope marriage won't change that in Harry.

I like them both. But Harry is more down to earth. William seems to me a bit too stand offish.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

Harry and William are brothers and they are indeed close but they are also very different. William shows no affection for or to Kate in public ever, not a hand old, not a kiss on the cheek, or a quick hug just because he wants to.

Harry on the other hand held Meghan's hand tight and chatted with her intimately and IG Games tennis match and he did not care who saw him or them.

At the closing he held her very close and a couple of occasions and laid a kiss on her twice. I hope married won't change that in Harry.

I like them both. But Harry is more down to earth. William seems to me a bit too stand offish.

Yes, they are two different personalities.

The Cambridge’s do show affection in public, but they’re also more reserved and private.

Harry is a bit more relaxed and his relationships are more relaxed as well.

All very normal.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

Harry on the other hand held Meghan's hand tight and chatted with her intimately at the IG tennis match and he did not care who saw him or them.

At the closing he held her very close on a couple of occasions and laid a kiss on her twice. I hope marriage won't change that in Harry.

There have been a number of times the Cambridges have show affection towards each other in public. You can google many pics of this...even during official events.

LaRae
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Nobility

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/46...te-wills-wont/

This article explains William and Kate. I agree they don't have to show affection for the world to see. Harry doesn't have to either towards Meghan but maybe he just wants to cause he loves so much? And if so, I think it's AWESOME!
Old 10-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Majesty

What has how these couples behave between each other got to do with the relationship between Harry and William?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think it shows the differences between two brothers. One is more reserved and introverted when it comes to showing their emotions and the other is more extroverted and his emotions show easily.

One thing that really makes me smile with watching Will and Harry is the ribaldry that goes on between the two. Like Harry wearing a William face mask in a charity race and Will's quips about his brother. Personally, I think it was a way these two shouted out "hello" to each other when miles separated them. It shows the closeness of the two brothers. Even continuing on into their adult lives with families of their own, I don't think we'll ever see a time where these two men are not close to each other and their families will also always remain close. These two men definitely make for a good team and that's an asset for the BRF and the monarchy.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Majesty

That's about the differences in their characters, not the relationship between them.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its true that they have different character traits but the way they tease each other, the way that they've even set up a joint foundation to work together as a familial unit with their philanthropic work and always seem to jump in to support each other (Harry's statement in defending Meghan Markle) shows a very strong bond between these two men. There are many examples where one will stand up for something (such as Harry taking HIV tests in public) and the other stands up in support (Will on the cover of Attitude magazine). There isn't much they do where they don't have the support of the other.

This shows me a very close bond in their relationship.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the relationship between William and Harry.

Not William and Catherine. Or Harry and Meghan.

William and Harry.

Off topic posts have and will continued to be deleted without notice.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Courtier

I would say it is less common to see two brothers so close when one has a wife and later family and the other does not than when both are either single, or both are married and have their own family. Being in the same 'stage' of life mostly draws people together instead of apart. So, the fact they they seem rather close while in different stages, suggests to me that they most likely will be as close or even closer when in the same life stage.

I, for one, am glad that they have this close relationship, especially given the special position they are in as princes and loosing their mother at such a young age, so let's be happy for them!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Majesty

No one is suggesting that they wont have a close bond any more. We are talking physical closeness over emotional closeness here.

When he is married he will have less time. He will have his wife and kids to focus on. They will have their own holiday traditions. He will be visiting his own in laws even if not as often.

As for work, naturally they will start going their separate ways. When William is POW he will have less time for the foundation, as he will have to take on duties his father has done. Harry and his wife will carve their own path. Its the natural way of things.

William and Harry are not just close due to age. But for now neither of them are the heir to the throne. They have been able to work together on their duties and rolls. That will naturally change when their positions change.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So, the fact they they seem rather close while in different stages, suggests to me that they most likely will be as close or even closer when in the same life stage.
I agree because even though Harry is currently single, I do believe that should he marry that he will want to maintain a London home near his only sibling and his family. Also I would expect that Harry and his future wife will continue to do some joint engagements with the Cambridges over the years.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:49 AM
Majesty

They will always remain close. And there will be the rare engagement together as well as private time. But its common sense to realize that their physical close relationship, even if they live next door, will change when they both have families.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:08 AM
Nobility

The brothers will always to close but they do have separate lives and that will deepen when Harry marries Meghan. He will be in the US visiting his in-laws, and celebrating American holidays etc.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

I also don't know very many brothers who stay extremely close when they marry and or have families. I have known that to happen more with sisters, but women have different relationships with each other and tend to draw closer to their own families when they marry.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and William are quite close in age and have lots of experiences in common such as serving in the armed forces at virtually the same time. They also share memories of a tumultuous childhood and the loss of their mother. So I do think, in spite of being quite different characters, they are quite close.

However, I've never believed that they have lived in each other's pockets from their teen years on. In fact I think that weeks have gone by when they haven't seen each other, though they might have phoned or texted occasionally.

They do have a bond that can't be broken, nor will it be, but their private lives will go in different directions sometimes, even after Harry marries.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

They do show up at public functions together. They have arrived in the same car at events, sometimes holiday family get-togethers with the Queen, I think, so it's easy to go there. For a while we were always seeing them playing soccer, or polo, but it turns out these were outliers, not the norm. Unless I am mistaken and have not seen the press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
They will always remain close. And there will be the rare engagement together as well as private time. But its common sense to realize that their physical close relationship, even if they live next door, will change when they both have families.
I'm just not convinced that they are that close. (And bringing up the loss of a mother in their teens makes them out to be orphans, which they aren't, they have considerable extended family supports, both of them). I think Harry needs a wife and family because he is pretty much out in left field with William long since moved on, as well as friends. With his army career lost to him, he needs some ballast. JMO.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:40 AM
Aristocracy

And that story about Harry popping over to William's. I wish I knew when I read that story. That story made the rounds, for sure. I think that is what people WANT to believe and I think that is what certain people WANT you to believe, but I think that is far from the truth.

I think the simple truth is that marriage changes the dynamics between siblings and families in general.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships