George, Duke of Kent (1902-ka1942) and Princess Marina (1906-1968)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lashinka2002

Serene Highness
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if Catherine Oxenberg is related to Princess Marina in some way. I see similar facial characteristics between Catherine, Marina, Alexandra and Gabriella. Catherine is the daughter of HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia and Howard Oxenberg.Here is a link to her official site, you can view her pics there.In the pics from her Dynasty wedding she looks exactly like Marinahttp://catherineoxenberg.net/

Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia was Princess Marina's niece. Her mother, Princess Olga, was a sister of Marina.

Didn't Catherine Oxenburg play the role of Princess of Wales in one of the TV dramas about the courtship and marriage back in the 1980s?

She played Diana Spencer in The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana (1982) and in Charles and Diana: Unhappily Ever After (1992).

Funny you should all mention her! :)

They are showing reruns of Dynasty on Soapnet in the U.S. and they just showed the episodes where her character, Amanda Carrington, married Prince Michael of Moldavia, and then had the massacre cliff hanger. That was yesterday and the new season showing who survived started today.

God....to think that was 20 years ago...and I remember watching it when it happened the first time around.

That's what prompted my question. I just saw the Dynasty episode that you mentioned. In her characters wedding dress with her hair up in the tiara she had on she was like a blond version of Marina. The resemblance was amazing! I've been searching for pics but I'm having a hard time...

Mapple said:
Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia was Princess Marina's niece. Her mother, Princess Olga, was a sister of Marina.
So then Catherine and Princess Alexandra & Prince Michael (Marina's children) would be first cousins? No wonder the resemblance...

lashinka2002 said:
I just saw the Dynasty episode that you mentioned. In her characters wedding dress with her hair up in the tiara she had on she was like a blond version of Marina. The resemblance was amazing! I've been searching for pics but I'm having a hard time...
She has her own website (plus hubby is there as well):

http://catherineoxenberg.com/

Has anyone seen (the pretty BAD) reality series on Lifetime TV in the States called "I Married a Princess"? It "starred" Catherine Oxenburg, her husband Casper Van Dien and their children.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/princess/

It only ran one season. I remember one episode where Catherine's mother Princess Elizabeth, came to visit.

lashinka2002 said:
So then Catherine and Princess Alexandra & Prince Michael (Marina's children) would be first cousins? No wonder the resemblance...

Actually, her mother would be first cousins with Alexandra, Michael and Edward, Marina's children.

She is their first cousin once removed, or second cousin, depending on you you look at it.

lashinka2002 said:
That's what prompted my question. I just saw the Dynasty episode that you mentioned. In her characters wedding dress with her hair up in the tiara she had on she was like a blond version of Marina. The resemblance was amazing! I've been searching for pics but I'm having a hard time...

Yes, she certainly looked every inch a princess...and of course for the 80's had the dress and hair to compliment it.

Just wishful thinking, but wouldn't it have been cool if that tiara had been a real heirloom from her mother's collection?

Does anyone know if Catherine stays in contact with her royal cousins?

She has mentioned on her reality show about previous visits with Prince Charles, Prince Albert and some of her Yugoslavian cousins as well when she was back there when her mother ran for office two years ago.

It's first cousin once removed. The cousin of your cousin is your second cousin. In other words, my first cousin "Danny" has a first cousin "Gianni" in Palermo. "Gianni" is my second cousin.

Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent

I believe that there is not yet any subject on the Princess Marina of Greece (1906-1968) Duchess of Kent wherease it was a very beautiful woman with an interesting personality which, after the death of her husband George in 1942, devoted herself entirely to the education of her three children and was devoted to the service of the britanic crown.

I hope that you will be numerous to pay homage to her by posting infos and pictures on her and her family.

Thank you in advance.

A very stylish, graceful and beautiful princess. Many of her photos do not do her justice! Her daughter, Princess Alexandra of Kent, Lady Ogilvy, is a carbon copy of her mother.

The links seem to go to a "Forbidden" page Madjenn. Maybe if you save the pics and host them on Imageshack?

oooppsss!! thanks Beatrixfan But I don't know how post the image, you can help me?

BeatrixFan said:
The links seem to go to a "Forbidden" page Madjenn. Maybe if you save the pics and host them on Imageshack?
Try this:
In the 'Forbidden' page, Scroll down and click on "Index For the Love of Opera Gloves".
See the Search box: type in Marina, click 'Find'
Scroll down to the Search Results;
Click on The Marina, Duchess of Kent Glove Gallery (parts 1 and 2)
voila! Pics!

try these first:
Gallery Part 1
Gallery Part 2

Once again, Warren is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I want to have Warren's babies.

Sir Winston always spoke with such amazing class. His memorial to the Duke was extremely moving but what else could one expect from Churchill. He was wonderful.

Here are some pictures of this beautiful Princess whom I collected.

Marina as a young princess of Greece :

princessofgreece.jpg

Engagement Pictures :

engagement.jpg

bouquet.jpg

hat1934.jpg

The Wedding :

1934.jpg

weddgroup.jpg

weddbalcony.jpg

Thanks for the AWESOME pictures!
That may be one of the few pics I have seen of Princess Nicholas of Greece!

weddgroup.jpg

I find this wedding picture interesting bacause we can see there Marina surrounded by some of her not yet married cousins at the time.

From left by right, the Princesses are recognized : Catherine of Greece, Ingrid of Sweden, Eugénie of Greece, Kira of Russia, Irène of Greece, sister of Catherine, and Juliana of the Netherlands.

All, with Catherine share which will be only Lady Brandram, will marry a member of foreign Royal Family.

Back
Top Bottom