The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2019, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I never expected there to be any commemorative items put out for sale for the birth of Harry and Meghan's first child. One reason is that it seems clear that this child will not be born a HRH prince or princess. I don't believe there were any items sold for Louise and James' births either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Exactly, and it's not the child of a future King.
Were there any official differences (e.g., number of salutes) between the births of the Phillips (Princess Anne's) children, the York children, and the Wessex children?

Old 05-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Were there any official differences (e.g., number of salutes) between the births of the Phillips (Princess Anne's) children, the York children, and the Wessex children?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Who officially gets an easel announcement in the RF anyway ? I assumed the Earl of Dumbarton wouldn’t get one, so maybe you are right that was a different type of announcement.
Was there an easel announcement for the York, Wessex, and/or Phillips children respectively?

Old 05-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Question

I have a question. When there is a royal baby there is a notice outside Buckingham palace. Well my question is how far down the line of succession does it go until there won't be a notice.

For example of Princess Euginie has a baby will there be a notice then. Thanks
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this only happens with the babies who are sons / grandsons of the monarch or the heir to the throne.
I doubt that happens to the children of Princess Eugenie and Beatrice, as neither happened to the children of Zara Philips for example.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

TBH I was surprised it happened for the Sussex baby, in fact I was surprised when it was done for Charlotte and Louis.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:06 PM
Commoner

Was it done for Beatrice and Eugenie?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

appears so...

BBC ON THIS DAY | 8 | 1988: Prince Andrew becomes a father

The as-yet-unnamed baby, whose title is the Princess of York, weighed 6lb 12 oz.

Celebrations began as soon as details of the birth were posted on the gates of Buckingham Palace in keeping with tradition.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know if they did the same thing when the sons of the Counts of Wessex were born?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't find any mention of it occurring for Louise or James. Its worth bearing in mind that for Louise at least the birth was very early and something of an emergency. Edward was out of the country on an official tour and the Countess was taken by ambulance to hospital for an emergency procedure.

For both children the couple had broken with precedence and decided not to use royal titles for even though they were entitled to them so it may well be they didn't want to have such a formal announcement made.

That said someone else may have found out otherwise
Old 05-07-2019, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Was there an easel announcement for the York, Wessex, and/or Phillips children respectively?
York yes, I can't remember about the Wessex kids, but the Phillips girls no.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
York yes, I can't remember about the Wessex kids, but the Phillips girls no.
Thanks!

By the "Phillips children" I meant the births of Princess Anne's children, Peter and Zara. I seem to have heard somewhere that Peter Phillips received a salute despite his technical rank of commoner, though I do not know if that is correct.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Thanks!

By the "Phillips children" I meant the births of Princess Anne's children, Peter and Zara. I seem to have heard somewhere that Peter Phillips received a salute despite his technical rank of commoner, though I do not know if that is correct.
Peter’s birth was posted at the gates of Buckingham Palace and there was a 41 gun salute at the Tower of London, but that was because he was the first grandchild of the reigning monarch. I think these traditions have much more to do with the relation to the current or future monarch than where the child is in the line of succession.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 15 | 1977: Princess Anne gives birth to Master Phillips
Old 05-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Were the births of Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, James and Lady Louise also posted at the gates of Buckingham Palace?

Tags
article, british royal family, buckingham palace; balcony, dogs, education, elizabeth ii, fans, journalist, pageantry, press, queen elizabeth ii, queen victoria, royal banner, sandringham, security, terrorism, undertakers, university