State Visit from the President of France: March 26-27, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask if a first lady have to do a reverence in front to a queen, because i had though that they would have to trate like equals because they are representative two countries

A personal choice,out of courtesy/respect.

I really think that it's the best evening look for Camilla so far:
-Beautiful dress
-Good color
-Not too much cleavage
-Nice combination btw the necklace and the tiara (far more lighter, and elegant, than the 5 rows of the Greeville Necklace).

Carla is very elegant, i love the flat shoes that she wear, very elegant from her...!

Thanks for the pics all have been playing with sky news all night but need to figure out how to link:bang:

Camilla looks kinda saggy...I am surprised to see how tall Carla is even in flats! She towers over everyone...either they are very short or she is like close to 6 ft...:ohmy:

For me The Queen's dress, which I know is a typical style or at least the same dress she wears often, is kind of saggy!!

My goodness the Queen's jewels are ABSOLUTELY divine. I think Princess Anne has a new gown and really lovly too. She has a really enviable figure and never shows it off.Was sophie there I can't see the person with Edward and the line to dinner has no Sophie from what I can see. Huge shame.Camilla well gosh she is well ok. I am no fan ...Carla looks nice.

Anne's tiara tonight is my favorite of her's I think. I don't like Camilla's baggy gown but that tiara looks so good on her. Ms. Yade is probably the best dress for me, lol!

Well! The first thing we do is fire/sack/shoot the official photographer! All the photographs seem to have been taken from above and everything, and I mean everything about the ladies is sagging.

The Queen's neckline, waistline and hemline droop, in fact the only thing that doesn't is the Tiara! :ohmy:

Madame Sarkozy looks great from the tips of her sleeves up. . . . . but below that it looks like she has sprouted either a very large bustle or butt and a wide saggy skirt! :eek:

Princess Royal is absolutely stunning, elegant. Her Majesty's appropriate look is enhanced by truly amazing jewellery. Although the dress and jewellery are all right in general, I wish Duchess of Cornwall wore more tailored dress. Madame Sarkozy’s dress is a good choice of style and colour. Ms. Yade, Minister of Human Rights, looks rather sportif in her simple blue dress.
And (with a special mention to Al-Bina;)), the gorgeous and sexy Rahida Dati, french justice minister:D:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Special thanks to Nico for Rashida Dati’s photo. :flowers::flowers::flowers: She is absolutely stunning… :wub:Nothing else should be added, I believe.

I see Princess Michael in the Getty pics also but no Gloucesters or Sophie.

Oh correction! The latest picture in Getty gives a good view of the back rows of guests and the Duke of Gloucester is there on his own because the Duchess would be behind him walking with a gentleman guest but instead he's being followed by the Duke of Kent and we can just see Prince Michael behind him.

WOW!!!!

I am like in heaven!!

Madame Sarkozy is STUNNING!! She looks every inch the model in that gown...cool, collected, elegant. The Princess Royal..just perfect, she has a great figure and that gown is fantastic...

Think about this... The Duchess of Cornwall had a hysterectomy last year. That does a lot to a woman's body, internally and externally. It happened to my mom. So, remember that when you comment on her figure or body shape. That surgery takes a lot out of a woman and can shock her body.

I really think that it's the best evening look for Camilla so far:
-Beautiful dress
-Good color
-Not too much cleavage
-Nice combination btw the necklace and the tiara (far more lighter, and elegant, than the 5 rows of the Greeville Necklace).

I agree with Nico-she has worn this tiara before but maybe its the way she has her hair- The tiara doesn't seem so heavy. She finally looks relaxed in the 'royal look'. I don't think the dress is saggy-it's simple and elegant.
Carla looks really beautiful and elegant:wub:

Carla looks beautiful, of course, youth, is a great gift. Princess Anne looks very well, but cannot make out too much detail. The queen, looks like the queen. She has, in recent years, acquired a daytime wardrobe that is stunning. Whoever does her eveningwear, lacks any creativity and everything looks like beaded white sacks. The tiara and necklace, do look stunning, though. Camilla, hysterectomy or not has little style. The operation removes your womb, not your taste. You can look elegant at any size.

Well, I am happy as I can be seeing the Queen Mother's ruby necklace re-emerge. That is just completely exciting--but even more so is the brooch which Queen Elizabeth is wearing!!!!! It was her mother's, and QEQM wore it to her coronation, and over on the RJOTW message board it has been agreed that the brooch has not been seen since 1937! This IS an exciting day for us jewel enthusiasts!
Now, the Burmese--not my favorite, but it's growing on me. HM always looks wonderful.
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall---is that the riviere she wore for her 60th birthday party, the one which was the Queen Mother's? She looks spectacular--the tiara doesn't look heavy, the necklace is perfect--she looks wonderful--except that she needs a sash......
The Princess Royal looks FANTASTIC. Truly. I am impressed, normally, she's a little frumpy, but she looks elegant.
Princess Michael, I think that is her in the group photo--always looks wonderful.
Mrs. Sarkozy--stunningly beautiful woman. WIsh I could see the necklace better.
No Countess of Wessex?????

Upon looking at photos of the banquet, it would be fair to say that a red-purple noisy dress worn by French politician Nicole Ameline is the fashion mishap of the event. She walked with Prince Edward.

I've had enough of the Honeycomb Boucheron...something smaller and Russian (The Empress Marie Fyodorovna Sapphire Bandeau.) It just seems so big. Big hair, big diadem...enough already.

The operation removes your womb, not your taste.

Now now Countess, play nice...:D

The day attire is really very good. It's the evening event's where I find she let's herself down.

I notice the Duchess likes shawls..I don't and I think they look tacky and wish she would stop incporporating them into almost every evening ensemble.

Love the riviere. That's smashing!!

Last edited:
I wonder why he wore the Legion of Honour star with the Bath sash. He could have popped both on there.

I thought on the precedence issue that the Queen had popped Anne and Alexandra before Camilla and Sophie.

That was a more informal "personal" precedence (nobody is completely sure what it is, but the Queen never issued anything official changing it, so it's not for state events). For state occasions, Camilla ranks right next to her husband.

I've had enough of the Honeycomb Boucheron...something smaller and Russian (The Empress Marie Fyodorovna Sapphire Bandeau.) It just seems so big. Big hair, big diadem...enough already.

Madame Royale--always a pleasure! And, I am in complete agreement with you. I am waiting impatiently for this tiara to reappear on the head of our Duchess. I think she would look wonderful wearing it and she needs a more subdued piece.
That being said, the riviere alone is enough to make me happy!

The Duchess of Cornwall ranks right after The Queen in official precedence as the wife of the heir to the throne.

At court, The Queen placed Camilla after The Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra, but this really means little since the old rules of protocol are not followed on private family occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom