State Visit from the President of France: March 26-27, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
English is not the only official international language. As a matter of fact, French is also cited as co-official language along with several other languages depending in what country, region, institution, etc you're dealing with. That's why heads of state including royals are accompanied by their interpreters during foreign visits. It has nothing to do with lack of education. :flowers:

List of Official Language by Institution

Oh I know that! In fact, wasn't French La Lingue Diplomatique for the longest time? Still, what I meant was that one would think that in a country with such good education possibilities, and with one that who is presumably educated and intelligent enough to have become president, that they would have learned english as a diplomatic language if for nothing else.

Be patience girls, I´m looking for photos but nothing for the moment!!!!

I can wait too!!!

Be patience girls, I´m looking for photos but nothing for the moment!!!!

I can wait too!!!

:queenelizabeth:
We...Well.Girls you say.Oh don't believe for a minute this is a girls only thing Paty.....:whistling:.....

:royalrobes:

Thank you Paty! I am too...London is what, 8 hours ahead of Chicago? They have to be at the state dinner by now...

We...Well.Girls you say.Oh don't believe for a minute this is a girls only thing Paty.....:whistling:...

Can't agree more :ROFLMAO:

Remember that we changed time and Europe has not as yet so it is currently only 8.15 PM there!

:queenelizabeth:
We...Well.Girls you say.Oh don't believe for a minute this is a girls only thing Paty.....:whistling:.....

:royalrobes:

Sorry Lucien and Nico...MEA CULPA!!!!;)
Sorry,sorry!!!!

The guests are arriving. Alistair Darling in white tie, white hair and black eyebrows. Looks like two caterpillars in a snow storm.

Queen in Burmese Ruby Tiara. Camilla in Honeycomb. Both in white.

Honeycomb again? What a pity....We can assume that it's definitively her signature...

Princess Anne's got a whopper of a tiara tonight. Not sure which one it is though. Interesting that the Order of Precedence seems to have changed. Camilla walked behind the Queen, in front of Anne. The Queen looks amazing in the Burmese Ruby. I think it has to be my favourite tiara. Sarkozy is wearing the Order of the Bath by the looks of it.

Her Majesty's speech is broadcast live on the BBC international right now (4:45PM Eastern).

They're playing the Marseillaise now, right after HM's speech.

Princess Anne's got a whopper of a tiara tonight. Not sure which one it is though. Interesting that the Order of Precedence seems to have changed. Camilla walked behind the Queen, in front of Anne. The Queen looks amazing in the Burmese Ruby. I think it has to be my favourite tiara. Sarkozy is wearing the Order of the Bath by the looks of it.
You mean without their spouses, Beatrixfan? In the presence of their spouses, automatically Camilla can outrank Anne.
It appears that Camilla is wearing the pretty dress that she wore on her 60th birthday again, but i am not too sure, we may have to wait until photos come out, the video link on BBC News, is hard to tell about the dresses.
Isn't the colour of the Order of the Bath green, i believe the President's sash is red though.

The Thistle's green, the Bath is red. At least I think. I thought on the precedence issue that the Queen had popped Anne and Alexandra before Camilla and Sophie.

The Thistle's green, the Bath is red. At least I think. I thought on the precedence issue that the Queen had popped Anne and Alexandra before Camilla and Sophie.
Sorry i'm just mistaken between the Orders colours. Yes, the Queen did so but in the presence of Charles at the event, she can outrank Anne and Alexandra. But on the event last year in February 14, the Queen hosted a reception, there were only female royals, and Anne was standing next to Her Majesty in welcoming guests, those events like that Anne has precedence over Camilla.

I believe Mr Sarkozy is wearing the sash of the Legion d'Honneur (French order), which is red.

According to the 2nd pic i can point out, the PoW and DoC, as we all know. The Duke of York, look like that:ermm: but definitely the Earl of Wessex, and with the purple dress near him, i think maybe the Countess of Wessex(It's a pity if she's there and we do not see much coverage of her). And further down the back i can see Timothy, the Duke of Kent (at the door entrance) and next to him would be his sister Princess Alexandra.

I fear indeed that these pics will be the only glimpses of the royal ladies....

I would like to ask if a first lady have to do a reverence in front to a queen, because i had though that they would have to trate like equals because they are representative two countries

It's probably the same case as HRH the Crown Princess of Norway curtseying to HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, both consorts of a heir to a throne, out of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom