The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Mrs Sarkozy is dressed to play the mother nun in Madeline
- I really like the idea: a pupil from a cloister school as French First Lady. Oh, sorry: The First lady of France posing as a pupil fresh from a nunnery education...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Hahaha...bingo...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Courtier

I have to admit ... I 'm pleasantly surprised about Carla's outfit. Clearly she understands her role and how she needs to appear not only in public -- but with whom she is appearing. She is classically dressed and doesn't upstage the Queen. The reason she is wearing flats is obvious -- she would tower over everyone else -- especially her husband.

I can't wait to see wht she wears to the dinner!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

I don´t like Carla Bruni´s shoes.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Have to agree about Her Majesty's hat--it has too much going on. Not her usual style at all.
Mrs. Sarkozy looks absolutely beautiful--heels would have been better, but she still looked fantastic.
HRH The Duchess of Corwall--always beautiful, always elegant but that outfit is not my favorite.
I'm afraid I have to agree with of some of the sentiments echoed today - both the Queen and Camilla's clothes don't really do them justice. Camilla's suit is okay, though I am no fan of the leopard print. The embellishments on the lapels are nice though. The hat is just awful, and does not suit her at all - a shame as she is usually so elegantly dressed. I do wish she stuck to the traditional, slightly larger hats, she usually wears and stops experimenting with this beret style which really does her no favours. It would be great to see what all the ladies are wearing this evening - and hope that Camilla puts up a good show!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM

I think I must be the only one who likes Camilla's camp clobber. I think it's fab. I think she can carry off leopard print without looking like a drag queen and that's rare. I just love the hat too. I think it says glam.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely outfits for Carla and Camilla, I enjoy the pictures very much !
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Courtier

I think Carla looks very nice and tasteful. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn a little bit. And she was aware of her being very tall so she chose shoes without heels- more comfortable anyway.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I think I must be the only one who likes Camilla's camp clobber. I think it's fab. I think she can carry off leopard print without looking like a drag queen and that's rare. I just love the hat too. I think it says glam.
No you're not, I think she looks wonderful too
Old 03-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Well, I'm truely amazed that Carla knows how to pull her hair away from her face!!!!
She is still wearing a dark drab color, but at least she looks like a proper 1st lady.
Good for her! It's about time.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought everything looked as if it was running smoothly. I love reading all your titbits about the 2 visitors thanks.I thought Carla looked lovely the shoes were a worry but the hubby is really short so wiser choice for that reason. I am not a Camilla fan and hate any sort of animal print but the Queen looked amazing I do love all her outfits particularly in the last 18months. Thanks for all the pictures so far.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I'm sorry to be the lone voice but I think Carla's outfit is awful, it has no shape and does not flatter her figure at all.
you are not the only i know that she may need a chance to improve her self but for ex model the outfit of today is not pretty at all on her neither elegantis not so bad but not what i exept from personality like Carla.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Carla's outfit is very elegant. She looks every inch a french official lady. Some royals could learn something from her when it comes to overdone outfits.
I hope the visit comes off without any difficulties. It is after all a business trip - albeit with gala and tiaras.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Moderator Emeritus

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Sarkozy gives Parliament address

Video
BBC News Player - Highlights of Sarkozy visit
There is a woman who made a courtesy to Carla, I wonder why...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Courtier

The South African media said she was pregnant. But I have heard nothing else about it - is she?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
After watching their arrival on TV, I'm reassured to see that all went well (except perhaps the light touch of Sarkozy's hand on Carla's during the parade at Windsor). Although this isn't a fashion thread, I didn't like very much how Camilla was dressed, especially the hat. However, I like Carla's style : the mix Audrey Hepburn/Jackie O. fits her pretty well.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

I agree.. I cannot wait for tonight's pictures!!!! Funny how they call him the bling bling President. Well, tonight he is going to see the the Queen's BLING!! ;-)
Old 03-26-2008, 01:01 PM

I've got my fingers crossed for tonight. I'm rather keen to see a certain sash on Camilla.

Tags
elizabeth ii, france, president sarkozy, queen elizabeth ii, state visit