The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Courtier

Carla is very elegant. But i think high heels would look better.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

More from the arrive.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2...9d1cf23hz1.png
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3...6d261c1hn8.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6...4d31726bs4.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3...8d44453ok4.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6...9d56021le9.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3...6d5b4b4bq2.png
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3...1d69b27oi0.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2...0d6c53fyv1.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9...7d72fb0eg1.png
Belga/ Daniel Demme

Carla Bruni-Sarkozy,wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, and Britain's Prince Philip travel in a Carriage through the streets of Windsor.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2...4da5a44nk2.jpg
Belga/ADRIAN DENNIS

Old 03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Nobility

I think Carla looks elegant and simple. I understand why she doesn't wear heels she would be taller than probably everyone but maybe a little heel wouldn't be too bad on her.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

So this rather over-publicized state visit has finally begun…
The President’s wife might be ‘channeling’ Jackie Kennedy a bit here but take a closer look and you’ll see that her outfit actually doesn’t have that much to do with the iconic ‘Jackie look’; No Jackie suit but a coat with matching dress, not a Jackie color, no pillbox hat but a modified small beret. Very elegant and appropriate. Looking at Sarkozy’s (lack of) height I can understand why she’s wearing flat shoes.
IMO Camilla’s hat is just silly, not funny. I don’t care for those leopard accessories either. The embroidered lapels of the sack-like coat don’t match anything but her stockings do, unfortunately… I don’t have a clue why she elects to appear with mud-colored legs.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Courtier

I though both ladies looked beautiful. I understand why Carla choose the flat shoes but I can’t help but think the whole outfit would of been more elegant with heels, however like I said I still think she look beautiful. As for Camilla, I found her outfit to be wonderful unique, just like the Duchess herself and I love the colour of her hair at the moment; I think it really fits with her complexion.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to say, I don't particularly care for the outfits of either Camilla or the Queen.

I just think Camillas outfit does not fit her well, style or size, and the Queen looks a bit like a piece of wicker furniture.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hate to agree regarding the Queen's outfit. She has been great in her choice of daytime wear over the past few years, but this outfit is a bit of a miss.
The hat is over-decorated, the oversized buttons aren't elegant at all and the coat's fabric doesn't appear to be the finest... most of her recent outfits have been vastly superior.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Have to agree about Her Majesty's hat--it has too much going on. Not her usual style at all.
Mrs. Sarkozy looks absolutely beautiful--heels would have been better, but she still looked fantastic.
HRH The Duchess of Corwall--always beautiful, always elegant but that outfit is not my favorite.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Moderator Emeritus

State visit gets underway as Mr Sarkozy and Carla arrive in UK
Old 03-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall is wearing her Christmas Day outfit from 2006. Madame Sarkozy looks elegant, sophisticated, and every inch a First Lady. I am sure this visit will go off seamlessly and show everyone both of them as a team get it, and know how to respond appropriately.

I..am excited about tonight!!!!! The dresses, tiaras, and the dress Madame Sarkozy will be wearing will be the most anticipated since Camilla herself married Charles almost three years ago!!!!!!!

We just recently have seen that outfit on the Queen....was it Christmas?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Fresh from the MAIL...

Sarkozy's circus has landed: Carla covers up for the Queen as husband calls for 'Anglo-French fraternity' | the Daily Mail
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry to be the lone voice but I think Carla's outfit is awful, it has no shape and does not flatter her figure at all.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Mail calls Carla Bruni's look "demure" but I think it's dowdy. Something a former governess would wear, but not a former top-model. She could have opted for an elegant navy blue suit and that would have looked great. But grey?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Mail calls Carla Bruni's look "demure" but I think it's dowdy. Something a former governess would wear, but not a former top-model. She could have opted for an elegant navy blue suit and that would have looked great. But grey?
That's the goal: "forget my past, just see me as the new first lady". We can expect for tonight an equal sober outfit. Elegant indeed, but just a little bit too "spring 1962 collection"...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Gallery from London Features International

Gallery from Medium Photo
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Madame Sarkozy was stunning: simple, elegant, and chic. This is what I call true French sense of style. Although Her Majesty looked somewhat good, neither style nor colour is my favourite. I like colour of Duchess’ of Cornwall outfit (deep chocolate brown), but I am not keen on animal print (leopard) that does not match well with lace embellishment on the collar.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

I've found at last the "curtsey photo" in the french newspaper OUEST FRANCE...

ouest-france.fr - 14:50 - Visite d'Etat en Angleterre : le président Sarkozy Ã* Windsor
Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I am inclined to agree Nico’s opinion (see post #135). Given the negative publicity surrounding this visit, Madame Sarkozy strives to convey a diametrically opposite image. She is not a wild supermodel anymore, but the First Lady of the French Republic. That is why I am not surprised to see neutral colours and simple lines in Madame Sarkozy’s outfit. As for gray colour, I believe it is a matter of personal preferences.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's wearing that "tribal" atrocity, Mrs Sarkozy is dressed to play the mother nun in Madeline and the Queen doesn't seem terribly happy to be entertaining this entourage...polite but over it. Who could blame her!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
elizabeth ii, france, president sarkozy, queen elizabeth ii, state visit