Flora Fraser, 21st Lady Saltoun (1930- )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbie_B

City
Sydney
Country
Australia
I am a new member and often read that when the Queen is in Scotland..the Lady Saltoun is present...is she a member of the Royal Family?

Lady Saltoun

Robbie_B said:
I am a new member and often read that when the Queen is in Scotland..the Lady Saltoun is present...is she a member of the Royal Family?
Flora Fraser, the 21st [after a recent renumbering] Lady Saltoun, is a member of the extended Royal Family but is better known as the 'Chief of the names and arms of Fraser'.

Here is her Wikipedia entry.

Lady Saltoun married in 1956 Alexander Ramsay of Mar, only child of HRH Princess Patricia of Connaught, aka Lady Patricia Ramsay, who was one of the last surviving grandchildren of Queen Victoria. Lady Patricia was a daughter of the Duke of Connaught (and sister of Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden) and she died in 1974.

Lady Saltoun has three daughters and quite a few grandchildren, all of course descendants of Queen Victoria.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Robbie B!

As Warren said, Lady Saltoun belongs to the extended family of royals by virtue of her marriage, but the royal family tends to be more narrowly defined and wouldn't include relatives as distant as present-day descendents of Queen Victoria's younger children, especially through the female line.

I have just read her website and believe I would like to know this lady. The undertones of her style of writing appeal greatly to me. You can get to her website from the link established above by RoyalProtocol.

In general I agree with Elspeth, but it is noteworthy that, per the Wikipedia article, the Queen considers Lady Saltoun to be a part of the Royal Family, and indeed she is listed among the Royal Family members who will attend Prince William's upcoming wedding.

I wonder if she'll sit near Crown Princess Victoria who is her late husband's first-cousin twice-removed, his first-cousin once-removed, Queen Margarethe/

Last edited:
Does the Queen consider her part of the royal family because of her marriage or because of her being head of Clan Fraser?

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Mr Simon Rood and Miss Juliet Nicolson (granddaughter of [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Lady Saltoun[/FONT][/FONT]) married at St Peter’s Episcopalian Church, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire on 11 July.
First Light Photography: Juliet & Simon, Fraserburgh | Wedding photography
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom