Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire

Heir Presumptive
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at a thread on another site, about how much the family are looking alike and I decided to write an article about the Remarkable Family Resembalance in the British Royal Family, actually only in regard to Sophie, Edward and Louise. But I need your help... I can only see so much resembalance between these royals. What do you think? I'll post lots of pictures so that everyone can look them over and decided, who resembles who.

Lets start with Edward.
If you look at the photos provided - I think Edward has the Duke of Edinburgh's nose and ears (note the lobe). But he has the Queen's eye shape and thin lips. Edward has pale blue eyes like the Queen Mother, but part of his left eye is green. I have no idea where he gets that from. Edward's head shape also presents a problem. Perhaps Edward VII's?

Here are some photos of grandparents and great grandparents. Maybe they can help.
Photo: Getty Images.
(These might be wrong)
1. George VI with wife
2. George VI, with son Edward VII and grandson Duke of Windsor
3. Prince Andrew of Greece (Prince Philip's father)
4. George VI?
5. Prince Albert, later Duke of York, later George VII (HM's father)
6. George VII (HM 's Father) Note the ears, if they are brought forward, and made to stand out- they are Charles' to a tee.
7. The Duke of Windsor (middle), Duke of York (left) and I think the Duke of Kent to the left.
8. George VI
9. Prince Philip (look at comparison with pic. 3)

Attachments

• 3071824.jpg
    3071824.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 3136797.jpg
    3136797.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 3278991.jpg
    3278991.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,664
  • 3293461.jpg
    3293461.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,375
  • 3300930.jpg
    3300930.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,419
  • 3304750.jpg
    3304750.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3,312
  • 3351193.jpg
    3351193.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,186
  • 50831819.jpg
    50831819.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 2642365.jpg
    2642365.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4,943
Last edited:
Here are so more.

1. Princess Andrew of Greece (Princess Alice) Duke of Edinburgh's mom
2. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Attachments

• 51028329.jpg
    51028329.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 931
  • Alice_005.jpg
    Alice_005.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 22,274
Last edited:
The Duke of York resemblance to Harry Porchester, Lord Carnarvon is uncanny....

btsnyder said:
The Duke of York resemblance to Harry Porchester, Lord Carnarvon is uncanny....
(Of course it's uncanny: I'm sure he's not his father).

A picture of Edward would be useful: I haven't any and I've no good memory for faces.

Here are three picture entailed "The Windsor Head Shape"

1. King Edward VII
2. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
3. Lady Louise Windsor

Attachments

• 3139122.jpg
    3139122.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 959
  • 452257c.jpg
    452257c.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 32,395
  • louise1.jpg
    louise1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,172
In terms of looks, Charles and Edward resemble the Queen; P. Anne resembles P. Philip. P. Andrew does resemble Lord Porchester. Some palace insiders have said that there is no way Philip could have fathered Andrew as he was estragned from the Queen and away on tour for months during the time when conception could have occurred.

As odd as it sounds I would prefer that for this debate, we refer to the parentage as describe on their birth certificates.

What about temperment?

kinneret5764 said:
Some palace insiders have said that there is no way Philip could have fathered Andrew as he was estragned from the Queen and away on tour for months during the time when conception could have occurred.
I don't think The Queen was so silly. And I read that Prince Philip came home on 30 April 1959: in time to be Andrew's father.

These are not the best photos however, I think there is a great resemblance between Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra.

Eliza

Attachments

• Alexandra.jpg
    Alexandra.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,736
  • Anne.jpg
    Anne.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,368
Princess Alexandra and her mother, Princess Marina.

Attachments

• Alexandra.jpg
    Alexandra.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 9,458
  • 09 - Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.jpg
    09 - Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,676
On several occasions I have remarked on the extreme likeness between the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Harry. Something about the nose, I think.

I was also looking over some images of Lady Sarah Chatto's wedding, and thought she looked very much like the Queen.

Sorry to be picky, but some of the photos are incorrectly labeled:
Edward VII and his wife, Alexandra
Edward VII with son George V and grandson Duke of Windsor
George V
later George VI(there hasn't been a George VII, yet).

Edward VII

Good eye for the mistakes, empress rouge.

I agree with norwegianne, I see a definite likeness between the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Harry.

Princess Beatrice has very little features of Sarah beside the red hair, she looks more like her father.

Princess Eugenie looks like her father and Elizabeth the queen mother.

I agree CATS. I think it's amusing how many people say Beatrice looks just like her mother, and to me she doesn't!

Claire said:
7. The Duke of Windsor (middle), Duke of York (left) and I think the Duke of Kent to the left.

That's the Duke of Gloucester on the left. The Duke of Kent was cuter as a child.

I think Prince Edward as he ages looks more and more like his mother.

Prince William looks a lot like his mother the late Diana.

timtonruben359 said:
Prince William looks a lot like his mother the late Diana.

This is said a lot but IMO its a bit like Beatrice. In Williams case all people want to see is his mother. As he has got older I can see a real resemblance to Prince Phillip. Yes, a lot of his mannerisms are his mothers but in actual looks - he is very much a Mountbatten-Windsor.

The resemblance between Queen Elizabeth II and her grandmother Queen Mary is amazing.

wymanda said:
This is said a lot but IMO its a bit like Beatrice. In Williams case all people want to see is his mother. As he has got older I can see a real resemblance to Prince Phillip. Yes, a lot of his mannerisms are his mothers but in actual looks - he is very much a Mountbatten-Windsor.

I am glad that someone else thinks this.

I can remember seeing a photo of William aged about 15, just before or after Diana died, and I commented then on just how much he reminded me of the photo I have seen of Philip aged about 15. I think it was the photo of him in Macbeth but to me then the resemblance was very real.

I can see some of his mother in him but to me he is more and more resembling his paternal grandfather.

Family Resemblences

Hello my name is Scott and this is my first post on this board.

I think that Queen Elizabeth is the spitting image of her father , but especially of grandmother Queen Mary.

Hello, Scott, and welcome to the board!

chrissy57 said:
I am glad that someone else thinks this.

I can remember seeing a photo of William aged about 15, just before or after Diana died, and I commented then on just how much he reminded me of the photo I have seen of Philip aged about 15. I think it was the photo of him in Macbeth but to me then the resemblance was very real.

I can see some of his mother in him but to me he is more and more resembling his paternal grandfather.

I agree too. I first noticed their resemblance when I saw a picture of Philip in the Macbeth play.

princess eugenie

ive heard sum ppl say how princess Eugenie looks like the queen mother...tish is sooo true

I have always felt Queen Elizabeth is the double of her grandmother Queen Mary, especially as she has got older.

Queen Elizabeth II = Queen Mary

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I have thought for many years that The Queen resembled her grandmother.
I remember seeing pictures of Queen Mary when she was young and engaged to The Duke of York. She looks just like Princess Elizabeth then, very pretty.

The Queen was just here in Alberta to attend our centennary celebrations and I attended a banquet for her. I was at table 12 and so got to see her up close. She was wearing a Russian Fringe tiara and with her grey hair several times I thought it was Queen Mary up there sitting on the dias. Incredible!!!!!!!

Regards,
Larry

VECCHIOLARRY, HAPPY CENTENIAL!, I right am next door in Saskatchewan.
I was looking a book at the libary and saw old picture of prince charles standing beside prince pillips mother, I think they alike, does anyone else think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom