The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
GuidoG's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I've just looked at the Ppe and belga pictures an it's remarkable how much William looks like his dad.
Do you really think so? It seems I'm seeing Diana when I look at him!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thats quite an interesting thing! I also thought his eyes especially get more and more like those "denmark-eyes" (Queen Alexandra, George V., Duke of Kent). But in this way, Lord Frederick Windsors eyes reminds me most on them (he looks SO much like his grandfather)

As the Kent line is also descended through the Danes, as is Prince Philip, I have always seen a stronger Greeko/Danish line in William than anything else. I have rarely seen anything Windsorish (Queen Victoria, Edward VII etc or Spencer in William). To me he has always looked similar to Philip and the Danish/Greek side of his ancestry. I also see the same with Harry - more like Philip's ancestry than anyone else.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
king of scotland's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orkney, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Yeah I know! Prince William is just looking Scandanavian. But I think he also has some Windsorish features, Like I said he looks like Prince George, but he also looks like King George VI. Lord Freddie does look like his grandfather a lot. Lord Freddie I think also looks a lot like King George V. Especially in the eyes. If Lord Freddie grew a beard it would be like King George V all over again.
__________________
My favorite Royals, are Prince William, Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise, and Prince Philip.

"A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman."
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoG View Post
Do you really think so? It seems I'm seeing Diana when I look at him!!

I have never seen Diana in either of her sons actually. To me they are clearly the descendents of Philip. A lot of people here don't remember just how 'drop dead' gorgeous Philip was in his youth - far better looking actually than any of his descendents, in my opinion but William and Harry certainly look like Philip to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by king of scotland View Post
Looking at the trooping pictures. I think Prince William is starting to look more Windsor everytime I see him. I think he is starting to look like his Great-Uncle Prince George, Duke of Kent
I think William is resembling his father more and more, not so much in features (besides premature balding) rather in mannerisms and body language. As much as I like him, he is getting more and more weedy looking, yes, I agree with the member who said that Harry is the best looking Windsor, I think b/c he has retained his spunk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
The Duchess looked lovely and nice to again see the Philip Treacy hat worn on her wedding day. One of her better hats, imo.

Quote:
I have never seen Diana in either of her sons actually
William certainly resembles his mother at times...unmistakably so. In saying that, his very much a mix of both his mother and father.

Harry, however, is of more of a likeness to his grandfather than that of William. Temperament wise too, I'd endeavour to suggest.

Quote:
Has Zara Phillips received the Order of the Garter?
She hasn't and I doubt she ever shall.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Dierna23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: -, Germany
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As the Kent line is also descended through the Danes, as is Prince Philip, I have always seen a stronger Greeko/Danish line in William than anything else. I have rarely seen anything Windsorish (Queen Victoria, Edward VII etc or Spencer in William). To me he has always looked similar to Philip and the Danish/Greek side of his ancestry. I also see the same with Harry - more like Philip's ancestry than anyone else.
Thats also very interesting, but in William I can't see anything from the Greeks. But in Harry a lot! His eyes and nose is much like Prince Philips... A bit Mountbatten like Prince Charles too...

Today I saw pics from the garter day and William in a few shots resembled much his uncle Prince Edward... Hope, he won't loose his hair THAT much
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,723
I don't see Diana in either of the princes so please don't tell me that William certainly resembles his mother at times as if it is a fact. I don't see it and have never done so. I will stand by that. That you see something of his mother in him is fine but it doesn't make it a fact. It is an opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to imply that I am wrong in stating that I don't see any resemblance to his mother in him. I am saying what I see, which is obviously an opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't see Diana in either of the princes so please don't tell me that William certainly resembles his mother at times as if it is a fact. I don't see it and have never done so. I will stand by that. That you see something of his mother in him is fine but it doesn't make it a fact. It is an opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to imply that I am wrong in stating that I don't see any resemblance to his mother in him. I am saying what I see, which is obviously an opinion.
I stand by my comment...

Certainly, if you see no resemblance then that's your prerogative. Of course my post was an expression of my opinion though the tirade of a reply I read before me on the basis that I failed to add 'I think' to my post (which is quite rare), is really quite excessive, imo.

If you are ever unsure with the contents of a post I make, then perhaps ask first if the intention of the post was to suggest fact, rather than opinion before taking offence....Insisting I've gone out of my way to refute anothers opinion for no real reason is an inadequate judgement and could have been just as easily rectified without the need of a defensive.

The lecture below (*12); that although good of you to devise, is of no consequence to me and the preceding paragraphs explain why.

In my opinion, he resembles his mother. In your's, he does not. Resolved.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I stand by my comment...

I have no objection with you claiming that you can see Diana in William.

My objection is that you are suggesting with the comment William certainly resembles his mother at times that I am wrong in not seeing it.

You see that phrase is a definite statement whereas I claim that it is your opinion. I have no problem with that being your opinion. What I object to is you stating your opinion as fact and therefore saying that I am wrong in not seeing it.

I see absolutely nothing of Diana in William or Harry. They have always looked like their father's side of the family to me. Now that is not stated as a fact because I have used the words 'I see' at the beginning making it perfectly clear that it is my opinion.

Your comment, using a direct quote from my post, is a direct accusation, to me, that I am wrong rather than a clear statement of your opinion, which you have every right to hold.

You do NOT have the right to tell me, or anyone else that my/our opinion is wrong just because you see things differently. That is the difference between my comments and yours - I clearly acknowledge that people can see Diana in William and/or Harry but that I can't and have never done so. You say that William certainly resembles his mother at times which says that anyone who doesn't see William resembling his mother at times is wrong.

It is not your opinion I object to but you way of saying it that tells anyone who disagrees that they are wrong.

I hope you see my point as I do respect you and your many posts but I do think you need to be more careful with the wording so as not to claim an opinion as a fact and also not to accuse someone, even by implication, of being wrong because their opinion disagrees with yours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thats also very interesting, but in William I can't see anything from the Greeks. But in Harry a lot! His eyes and nose is much like Prince Philips... A bit Mountbatten like Prince Charles too...

Today I saw pics from the garter day and William in a few shots resembled much his uncle Prince Edward... Hope, he won't loose his hair THAT much
I think many of us are concerned with his hair loss. Let's hope Kate won't be put off if he waits too long...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoG View Post
Do you really think so? It seems I'm seeing Diana when I look at him!!

I'm sorry, I also see Diana, every time I see William. For me he is the spitting image of his mother (luckily !!)

And sometimes I see Diana in Harry also.

Happy think! No one of two looks to Prince Charles

Noone reminds Prince Philip who was and still is an extremely handsome man. Noone of his children took his beauty, except Prince Charles who took his body shape, thin and stylish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,503
I think William looked very much like Diana, at the time of her death, and many people and the media commented on that. Over the past few years I think he has become more and more like a Windsor, esp. due to the fact that his hair is thinning out. Both Philip and HM Elizabeth were good looking as youngsters, yet none of their children are exceedingly attractive, the gene pool works in funny ways
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 952
I think William has a fairly even combination of facial features from both the Windsors/Mountbattens and the Spencers. He has his mother's eyes.

Harry, on the other hand, is all Charles/Philip facially, with the Spencer red hair to top it all off.
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
I think William looks like both parents and shows actions of both parents. I can also see (and i don't know how to word this) his great grandfathers side. they all tend to look so much alike George IV and V and Duke of Windsor all the male side even the Russian Zar (if that was his tilte?) sorry i don't recall his name. they all so striking and handsome IMO....I think William has his mothers nose and eyes. Harry I think is a Spencer all the way never noticed any Windsor in him but that is my opinion...
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Sonjapearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In front of my Mac, United States
Posts: 606
I think William has Diana's blond hair and blue eyes, and has her smile, but facially takes after the Windsors. He looks a lot like Prince Edward.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Harry I think is a Spencer all the way never noticed any Windsor in him but that is my opinion...
I think it's Mountbatten more than Windsor, to be honest. His eyes and nose look very much like his father's and grandfather Philip's.
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,286
I certainly agree with you. I've been watching videos on YouTube of Philip as a young man, and Lord Mountbatten shows up now and then. As much as William resembles the Spencers in facial expressions, his shape is very much Mountbatten.

I can well imagine William as the fourth man in this line-up:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Mountbattens-...3286.m20.l1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I think it's Mountbatten more than Windsor, to be honest. His eyes and nose look very much like his father's and grandfather Philip's.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 64
William looked a lot like Edward in the Trooping the Colour shots. I think Edward's son, James, [in the recent pictures at the Windsor Horse show and at his Christening] looks remarkably like Prince Charles as a child. I think Harry favors Charles--in Uniform & hat they really show a resemblance. I think it's sad the William is losing his hair--maybe he'll get some hair implants?!! As to an earlier discussion--I think Freddie Windsor most favors Prince Albert Victor, the Duke of Clarence and Avondale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I think it's Mountbatten more than Windsor, to be honest. His eyes and nose look very much like his father's and grandfather Philip's.
I see some Mountbatten but there faces are longer harry has a more round face. maybe it is the read hair that makes me think Spencer did you ever see Diana's sisters ( i can't recall which sister) son they are like twins ...and Earl Spencer's son also bears a strong look of Harry.
__________________

__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, family resemblance, prince william, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Family Resemblances Lady Bluffton Royal House of Denmark 66 09-19-2013 02:25 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]