Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yup and Andrew of Greece

Old 01-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
Oh yes, I think William is looking more and more like Earl Spencer the older he gets.
I think that the older he gets, William is looking less like a Spencer and more like Lord Mountbatten.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

The only thing Prince William has in looks, that are smilar to Earl spencer is hair colour and height. Put it this way Prince William is hansome, the earl creeps me out.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think William looks like the Earl Spencer at all.
I think Harry is the spitting image of Diana's sister Sarah (even the same red hair).
Old 01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think William is as handsome as he used to be. He has developed that long wide face that his uncle has.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Eugenie of York and Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh

http://lafayette.150m.com/geo00417.html (scroll down)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4...eugenie_ap.jpg
Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Commoner

Spencer/fermoy

PRINCESS DIANAs mom, the late FRANCES SHAND KYDD, has always pointed out that WILLIAM is the image of her father EDMUND BURKE ROCHE, 4TH BARON FERMOY. has anyone seen a picture of him==there is a very good similarity. imo WILLIAM has the image of a SPENCER/FERMOY side :)
Old 01-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Oh yes, I think William is looking more and more like Earl Spencer the older he gets.
If you mean the deceased Earl Spencer (Diana's father), then yes...especially the early balding. I cannot believe how little hair Wills has these days. And he's barely 25!!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think William is as handsome as he used to be. He has developed that long wide face that his uncle has.
Oh, I have to disagree. I think William's looks have only improved with age. I think he's near to perfect in appearance, like a Greek sculpture or something. Very handsome young man.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
If you mean the deceased Earl Spencer (Diana's father), then yes...especially the early balding. I cannot believe how little hair Wills has these days. And he's barely 25!!!!
When William was a toddler, his resemblance to Diana's father was astounding. And I have always thought Harry looked like his aunt, Lady Sarah.

And as for hair loss, that has to be a gift from Prince Philip! The Earl of Wessex began his hair loss at a young age, too. The Spencers don't seem to share the affliction.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Diana's father went bald. Male pattern baldness is inherited from the mother so there is a good chance that William inherited the late Earl Spencer's genes.

Now if Peter Philips goes bald early that will go straight back to Prince Philip.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Commoner

I don't know if it has been said before (if so, apologies for the repetition,) but I do think Lady Gabriella Windsor, Princess Michael's daughter, looks a lot like her Aunt Princess Alexandra.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
A Hanoverian trait? I have read somewhere (maybe a 1940s Life magazine) that Eliz II had "Hanoverian blue eyes"? Has anyone seen an article with that phrase?
About George III:

He was not good looking, having a large nose, very full lips, the bulbous Hanoverian blue eyes and florid complexion and inclined, even in youth, to plumpness. He was observed to possess an exacting sense of duty.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

Having recently buying a few old books on the monarchy in a jumble sale I have come to the conclusion that Charles and Anne are defintely Mountbatten,(Charles has a touch of the Queen on him)
Andrew and Edward are dominantly Windsor, if you look at pictures of Andrew in his early Twenties, you will find that he looks very much like the Queen, I was surprised to notice it, even his Canines are slightly crooked as the Queens is. (Although he had braces)
Old 05-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Gentry

In the May 1st edition of Hello there is a photograph of Lady Louise Wessex looking, as the magazine notes, a lot like her paternal grandmother at a similar age. Perhaps someone a little more tech savvy could scan and post an image!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
The ressemblance between Prince Michael of Kent and George V is AMAZING
There is one picture of Prince Charles with a moustache, and I can assure you that the ressemblance with George V and Prince Michael of Kent (and Nicholas II as well) is all the more amazing.
If I remember it well, it is a black and white photograph of Prince Charles during a trip in the 1970's, in uniform or in colonial outfit, I don't remember. And of course, I can't find it right now.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.
I agree. Many of the British royals aren't ugly, but they are not nearly as handsome as William and Harry. Like Charles isn't particularly dashing, or Andrew or Edward.

Nicholas II and George V looked so similar because their mothers were sisters who looked almost exactly alike.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliB
In the May 1st edition of Hello there is a photograph of Lady Louise Wessex looking, as the magazine notes, a lot like her paternal grandmother at a similar age. Perhaps someone a little more tech savvy could scan and post an image!
I'm sorry to say that I can't scan a picture (not that tech savvy!) but I have seen pictures and the two look extremely similar.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William resemblance

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of scotland View Post
Looking at the trooping pictures. I think Prince William is starting to look more Windsor everytime I see him. I think he is starting to look like his Great-Uncle Prince George, Duke of Kent
Thats quite an interesting thing! I also thought his eyes especially get more and more like those "denmark-eyes" (Queen Alexandra, George V., Duke of Kent). But in this way, Lord Frederick Windsors eyes reminds me most on them (he looks SO much like his grandfather)
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William resemblance

I've just looked at the Ppe and belga pictures an it's remarkable how much William looks like his dad. They all looked terrible happy today :)

Tags
british royal family, family resemblance, prince william, relationships