The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
This one, too, Chrissy, has always reminded me of Harry. His great-grandfather Prince Andrew is the child at the lower right in the photo.
(from http://royalhouseofgreece.tripod.com/id3.html )
Actually, I think the very young Princess Beatrice looks alot like this picture of the very young Prince Andrew.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
Actually, I think the very young Princess Beatrice looks alot like this picture of the very young Prince Andrew.
And the large ears some Windsors have apparently came from the Greek royals! The Kents are also descended from the Greek royals.

"You are a pest, by the very nature of that camera in your hand."
Princess Anne to a photographer
Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Commoner

Another uncanny family resemblance is Prince Michael of Kent and Tsar Nicholas II. Michael is related to Nicholas through his paternal grandfather who was the tsar's first cousin and also through his maternal grandmother who was also the tsar's first cousin.

Here's an old photo of Michael: http://www.hydeparkappeal.org/prince.jpg

"You are a pest, by the very nature of that camera in your hand."
Princess Anne to a photographer
Old 07-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

This may be a longshot, but I think Princess Eugenie actually looks a lot like a young Queen Anne Marie of Greece and Denmark.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Nobility

I think the Duke of Kent and Prince Charles look more like brothers than cousins (what is it, 1st cousins once removed)?

If you think about it, the Kents and the kids of the queens are actually pretty closely related because of the Greek blood brought in by Phillip and Marina.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5618.asp
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5614.asp
Old 11-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
Can we start a thread about family resemblances in the British Royal Family? I've often thought Queen Mary passed on some rather strong genes to her children and grandchildren, and that Peter Phillips and Prince William look very much alike (especially in the mouth and the way they carry themselves). Sometimes it's hard to forget in all of our scrutiny of the royal that they are after all a large extended family and we get to watch the way they grow, change, and age.
HM Queen Elizabeth II looks like her mother,the late Queen Elizabeth,The Queen Mother and her late grandmother,HM Queen Mary.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Aristocracy

Do you think? I think the older QEII gets, the more she resembles her paternal grandmother, Queen Mary. It is really striking in some pictures.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avareenah
Do you think? I think the older QEII gets, the more she resembles her paternal grandmother, Queen Mary. It is really striking in some pictures.
I agree with this. I posted earlier on in this thread how Queen Elizabeth really looks like Queen Mary. They have the same eye shape and same stare.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

Looks just like Princess Anne. Is photo of Queen Alexandra as a child?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Nobility

The Queen though look a great deal like her own mother the Queen Mum as well where Anne and Zara are closer to Queen Mary in appearence.I think Lady Sarah Chatto has alot of her grandmother in her with some of the Queen Mary mixed in.
Princess Maraget really took after her father-the eyes especially.She also looks like the Duke of Windsor a bit she was quite striking.
I agree Prince Michael of Kent really looks alot like George V and Nicholas II but somehow Prince Michael is more handsome.His son Frederick does look like Michael's father and Gabriella looks something like Princess Alexandra and Grandmother Marina with a bit of Gabriella's own mother's look and especially the blonde coloring.
William looks like Peter Phillips and Harry is starting to look like his grandfather the Duke- the genetics in the family are strong sooner or later they take over.
Beatrice looks like Fergie but Eugenie takes after her father Prince Andrew,The Queen and The Queen Mother.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

The only thing Beatrice shares w her mom is her hair color. If you look at her face she looks just like her dad: the eyes, jaw, nose. Eugenie looks like no one, really. The young Queen Mother is a long-shot at best.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Nobility

I think Eugenie looks like the Fergusons -- her eyes remind me of Ronald's...does anyone have photos of Fergie's parents?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
The only thing Beatrice shares w her mom is her hair color. If you look at her face she looks just like her dad: the eyes, jaw, nose. Eugenie looks like no one, really. The young Queen Mother is a long-shot at best.
Fair enough going back over photos of Beatrice I have to agree with you she looks a great deal like her father-I think it's the red hair that made me think otherwise-red hair can be quite overpowering.I still think Eugenie looks like a Windsor but some photos show it more than others as she ages I'm sure she will grow to look more like her father's family many of them do takke on the look more as thy get older.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
The Queen though look a great deal like her own mother the Queen Mum as well where Anne and Zara are closer to Queen Mary in appearence.I think Lady Sarah Chatto has alot of her grandmother in her with some of the Queen Mary mixed in.
Princess Maraget really took after her father-the eyes especially.She also looks like the Duke of Windsor a bit she was quite striking.
I agree Prince Michael of Kent really looks alot like George V and Nicholas II but somehow Prince Michael is more handsome.His son Frederick does look like Michael's father and Gabriella looks something like Princess Alexandra and Grandmother Marina with a bit of Gabriella's own mother's look and especially the blonde coloring.
William looks like Peter Phillips and Harry is starting to look like his grandfather the Duke- the genetics in the family are strong sooner or later they take over.
Beatrice looks like Fergie but Eugenie takes after her father Prince Andrew,The Queen and The Queen Mother.
Lady Sarah Chatto looks like HRH Princess Anne,The Princess Royal.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Nobility

I agree Sarah has the look as well but she has a slightly sofer look that seems to come from the Queen Mum.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

I think we can all agree that little Lady Louise looks a great deal like her Grandmama (HM) when she was a small child. Esp. in those pictures from this past summer when the RF gathered on the yacht.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu
Lady Sarah Chatto looks like HRH Princess Anne,The Princess Royal.
Nope, sorry, Lady Sarah is the spitting image of her dad. It's like she sprang from his forehead. I think Lord Linley and Princess Anne look more alike.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
selrahc4
...why I don't give any credence to the Hewitt rumours - Harry just looks too much like Philip's father at that age.
I always thought Harry looked exactly like Diana's sisters.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

One charactaristic which has definitly gone down many generations is Queen Alex's "boggly" eyes, (no offence) down to King George V and to George VI and the Kents,esp. Prince Michael and Freddy! Princess Margaret, and to Viscount Linley, and Prince Andrew receiving it and passing it onto his oldest daughter! Not counting other recepients of this facial feature
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Marie
I always thought Harry looked exactly like Diana's sisters.
I think so, too. Esp. her sister, Sarah. Sometimes, though, in certain pictures, you can def. see a little bit of the POW in Harry's features.

Tags
british royal family, family resemblance, prince william, relationships