Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the both boys have things for spencer way and windsor way.
william look a lot like the earls spencer, charles and johnnie, but he have some of windsor, the hair for example.
harry have excatly charles's eyes.

Prince William and Peter Phillips look like Prince Andrew did at a similar age!

I think that Prince Edward when he was younger resembles Prince Harry when he was younger a lot.

The two Gloucester daughters look exactly like each other. You could almost think they were twins.

The Queen mum, QEII, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne and Zara Phillips look a lot alike, you'd knew they were related even if they weren't royal and famous

Harry & William

The older William gets, the more he looks like Prince Charles -- look at the bridge of his nose, his mouth (same as Peter & Zara Phillips, cousin Bea, HM Eliz II and Queen Mary)...Harry is a zinger for Prince Phillip. Can anyone locate one of the photos of Prince Phillip during WWII? It looked remarkably like Harry's 21st b-day photos (the one in his uniform). And there's a photo lurking of Prince Andrew (Phillip's dad) that looks a lot like a young Prince Charles -- has anyone seen that one?

Eugenie looks like a brunette Fergie to me; lots of Ronald Ferguson in her looks. Pretty young girl.

The prominent cow eyes (HM Eliz II, Prince Andrew, Bea) seem to come from Queen Alexandra -- or does someone else have a source out there?

The cow (I call them "bug") eyes seem to come from Queen Victoria IMO.

"cow eyes"

A Hanoverian trait? I have read somewhere (maybe a 1940s Life magazine) that Eliz II had "Hanoverian blue eyes"? Has anyone seen an article with that phrase?

How about Prince Charles? He seems to have the combination of his parents but not the best combination. Unfortunately Charles is not as handsome as his father. His upper face is alike his father and his mouth is alike his mother. Can anyone find some other resembkances among Charles and his forebears?

He kinda looks like weird version of George VI you know what i mean :)

I have seen a resemblance between Prince Charles and Prince Albert The Prince Consort in some pictures.

I think that Prince Harry has Prince Philip's smile.

Lady Bluffton said:
The older William gets, the more he looks like Prince Charles -- look at the bridge of his nose, his mouth (same as Peter & Zara Phillips, cousin Bea, HM Eliz II and Queen Mary)...Harry is a zinger for Prince Phillip. Can anyone locate one of the photos of Prince Phillip during WWII? It looked remarkably like Harry's 21st b-day photos (the one in his uniform). And there's a photo lurking of Prince Andrew (Phillip's dad) that looks a lot like a young Prince Charles -- has anyone seen that one?

Eugenie looks like a brunette Fergie to me; lots of Ronald Ferguson in her looks. Pretty young girl.

I agree, as William gets older, he looks more and more like Charles. Eugenie also looks a lot like her mother to me too. I'm curious to see some photos of Phillip from WWII compared to Harry's photos. I haven't thought/seen that before. If you see any that stick out as being very similar please share, I'd like to see it, as well as the lurking photo of Andrea, Phillip's father.

The lurking photo of Prince Andrea

Here are some of Prince Andrea of Greece, father of the Duke of Edinburgh:

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs10/andreasgreece1882.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs10/andreasgreece1882-7.jpg

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs10/andreasgreece1882-2.jpg

Andrea and Alice (Battenburg)

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs10/andreasgreece1882-5.jpg

I think Prince Charles certainly resembles his grandfather.

And here's a remarkably photo of a young Phillip

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs19/philipgreece1921-2.jpg

philipgreece1921-2.jpg

-- compare to Prince Harry (from http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/harry/21st_birthday/birthday_gallery.html

21st_birthday_01.jpg

Beck said:
I think Princess Eugenie looks alot like the late HM Queen Elizabeth- The Queen Mother, when she was younger.
I have always thought she looked more like her fathers side of the family, but does anyone have any pictures? because I never thought of her looking like her great-grandmother, but I haven't really seen any pictures of her at Eugenies age:)

There is footage of a young Princess Elizabeth riding her bike with her sister, mum and dad taken in 1943. Zara Phillips is her double. When I looked at the stills I couldn't see it but definatley in the film.
Also, I think Pricess Beatrice is like her mother while Eugenie is like her dad.

I am not sure how many times thoughout the forums it has been said by me and others, but Beatrice only has sarah's red hair.

Similarities between Princess Eugenie of York & Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaievna?

(Newbie here. :) )

I've been interested in the royal families of Britain and Russia for the longest time and while perusing the forums here and over at the Alexander Palace site, I noticed a striking resemblance between Princess Eugenie and Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaievna (of the Romanovs) when looking at the photos posted of them. Does anyone else notice any similarities between the two girls--not only in these pictures but in other pictures you may have seen?

Not only in the photos listed below but in many other photos as well, I've noticed that the pair also have similar facial expressions and hold themselves in much of the same way. I'm not saying they're identical or anything of the like, but the similarities are uncanny, lol. Of course, JMO.

ETA: For those that don't know, in the second black and white photo, Grand Duchess Maria is on the left. In the third and fourth photo, she's on the right. With her in the photos is her sister, Anastasia.

Attachments

• Eugenie5.jpg
    Eugenie5.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 346
  • Eugenie4.jpg
    Eugenie4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Eugenie2.jpg
    Eugenie2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Eugenie3.jpg
    Eugenie3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Maria17.png
    Maria17.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Maria8.jpg
    Maria8.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 375
  • MariRoma.jpg
    MariRoma.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 365
  • MariRoma2.jpg
    MariRoma2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 409
  • MariRoma3.jpg
    MariRoma3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
QueenMaharet said:
They do!
I've often thought that Elizabeth learned many mannarisms from her grandmother, facial expressions included.

~QueenMaharet

Her Majesty The Queen also kept the same hair throughout her reign like Queen Mary did as well

Harry looks alot like his aunt, Lady Sarah and his grandfather Prince Philip. William, who looks like his mother also favors his grandfather, Prince Philip as well as his cousin Peter.

As Andrew ages, he looks more like his brother Charles.

IMO she looks like Queen Mary or Princess Anne when they were little. I can't say for sure who she looks like today, maybe Zara?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom