The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359
Prince William looks a lot like his mother the late Diana.
This is said a lot but IMO its a bit like Beatrice. In Williams case all people want to see is his mother. As he has got older I can see a real resemblance to Prince Phillip. Yes, a lot of his mannerisms are his mothers but in actual looks - he is very much a Mountbatten-Windsor.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

The resemblance between Queen Elizabeth II and her grandmother Queen Mary is amazing.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
This is said a lot but IMO its a bit like Beatrice. In Williams case all people want to see is his mother. As he has got older I can see a real resemblance to Prince Phillip. Yes, a lot of his mannerisms are his mothers but in actual looks - he is very much a Mountbatten-Windsor.
I am glad that someone else thinks this.

I can remember seeing a photo of William aged about 15, just before or after Diana died, and I commented then on just how much he reminded me of the photo I have seen of Philip aged about 15. I think it was the photo of him in Macbeth but to me then the resemblance was very real.

I can see some of his mother in him but to me he is more and more resembling his paternal grandfather.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

Family Resemblences

Hello my name is Scott and this is my first post on this board.

I think that Queen Elizabeth is the spitting image of her father , but especially of grandmother Queen Mary.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hello, Scott, and welcome to the board!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I am glad that someone else thinks this.

I can remember seeing a photo of William aged about 15, just before or after Diana died, and I commented then on just how much he reminded me of the photo I have seen of Philip aged about 15. I think it was the photo of him in Macbeth but to me then the resemblance was very real.

I can see some of his mother in him but to me he is more and more resembling his paternal grandfather.

I agree too. I first noticed their resemblance when I saw a picture of Philip in the Macbeth play.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Courtier

princess eugenie

ive heard sum ppl say how princess Eugenie looks like the queen mother...tish is sooo true
Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

I have always felt Queen Elizabeth is the double of her grandmother Queen Mary, especially as she has got older.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

Arrow Queen Elizabeth II = Queen Mary

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I have thought for many years that The Queen resembled her grandmother.
I remember seeing pictures of Queen Mary when she was young and engaged to The Duke of York. She looks just like Princess Elizabeth then, very pretty.

The Queen was just here in Alberta to attend our centennary celebrations and I attended a banquet for her. I was at table 12 and so got to see her up close. She was wearing a Russian Fringe tiara and with her grey hair several times I thought it was Queen Mary up there sitting on the dias. Incredible!!!!!!!

Regards,
Larry
Old 06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

VECCHIOLARRY, HAPPY CENTENIAL!, I right am next door in Saskatchewan.
I was looking a book at the libary and saw old picture of prince charles standing beside prince pillips mother, I think they alike, does anyone else think so?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Family Resemblances

I've often thought Queen Mary passed on some rather strong genes to her children and grandchildren, and that Peter Phillips and Prince William look very much alike (especially in the mouth and the way they carry themselves). Sometimes it's hard to forget in all of our scrutiny of the royal that they are after all a large extended family and we get to watch the way they grow, change, and age.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

i agree with you.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.
How about, Zara?, Ella?, Queen Elizabeth as a young lady?
Edward young...
Anne young...
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

elizabeth when was young was a very beautiful lady. andrew, for me, is a really very beautiful man.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Gentry

Resemblences

I think almost all of the Queen's children bear a VERY strong resemblence to their father, with the exception of Andrew, he looks more like his mother than the other three, although a few times I have seen pictures of Anne where she looks a lot like her mother.

Its kinda cool.

~QueenMaharet
Old 02-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth bears some resemblence to the late Queen Mary. They have the same facial features wouldn't you say?
Old 02-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Majesty

The resemblance between Nicholas II and George V was uncanny.

Not a total surprise considering that they were first cousins, through their mothers being sisters.

Personally I have always thought that William and Peter Philips have a lot of a young Prince Philip about them.

When I was in London in 2002 there was an exhibition of paintings and photos of the Queen's official visits to the City of London during her reign and one of the paintings that I enjoyed seeing was the painting of her return in 1977 from the Commonwealth Jubilee Tour. As I identified the various figures I was surprised to see Prince Harry in the painting - I went back and checked - it was in fact a 13 year old Prince Edward!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth bears some resemblence to the late Queen Mary. They have the same facial features wouldn't you say?
They do!
I've often thought that Elizabeth learned many mannarisms from her grandmother, facial expressions included.

~QueenMaharet
Old 02-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think a lot of close resemblances in the royal family have to do with recessive genes, just like in the Hapsburgs. The blue-eyed blonde, recessive chin, large ears, and pale-skinned look seem to be typical of inbreeding among a small gene pool where the recessive genes are expressed more often because they're reinforced by the many years when relatives married and produced children.

I've seen these uncannily close resemblances among cousins and second cousins before, and it always seems to be pale blue-eyed blondes from families which come from small towns and so probably also were breeding from a small gene pool for many years up until the not too distant past.

Tags
british royal family, family resemblance, prince william, relationships