Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thats amazing. Harry does look like his cousin, at least in that picture. He has both his father and mother in him I think.

Does anyone have any idea why Harry's eyes are so narrow? I see no one in the family he could have gotten that from unless perhaps Edward, if you look real hard.

These things pop up from time to time. The Duke of Edinburgh has somewhat narrow eyes.

Lady Louise does as well, but this may be connected in some way to her ocular disorder.

Does anyone have any idea why Harry's eyes are so narrow? I see no one in the family he could have gotten that from unless perhaps Edward, if you look real hard.

Prince Charles has narrow eyes. Harry also has his father's eyebrows.

I notice as Prince Charles get older he look more and more like his Grandfather King George VI.

Prince Rafael of Brazil resembles a lot his great-great-great-grandfather, Emperor Pedro II of Brazil:

Prince Rafael - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...403x403/12254_477041585668245_209470494_n.jpg

Emperor Pedro II - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w1a3otOpT...m+Pedro+II,+Imperador+do+Brasil,+em+1851..jpg

Definitely some resemblance, think also in this picture of the emperor http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Pedro_II_of_Brazil_1848.jpg

BritishRoyalist said:
I notice as Prince Charles get older he look more and more like his Grandfather King George VI.

Princess Anne is very much like Prince Philip; she has her father's personality. I grew up in a similar situation with no sisters (or female cousins on my dad's side), so I was surrounded by boys; the only girl in a family of eight grandchildren (but that's starting to change now; my oldest cousin and his wife just had their fifth child and second girl, and his younger brother and his wife have a 3-year-old boy and a 6-month-old girl.)

sarahedwards2 said:
Princess Anne is very much like Prince Philip; she has her father's personality. I grew up in a similar situation with no sisters (or female cousins on my dad's side), so I was surrounded by boys; the only girl in a family of eight grandchildren (but that's starting to change now; my oldest cousin and his wife just had their fifth child and second girl, and his younger brother and his wife have a 3-year-old boy and a 6-month-old girl.)

And my dad's sister was the only girl out of my grandparents' five children. My dad won't admit it, but I have a feeling I'm his favourite child. I like to get up early, and if I could, I would spend hours driving in a car listening to the radio. My brother, on the other hand, sleeps past noon on weekends, after staying up half the night texting his girlfriend.

I am watching the BBC documentary about the Duke of Edinburgh.
And I noticed how much the Prince of Wales resembles his father when he was in his 50's/60's. And also how much prince William resembles HIS father when he ws in his twenties. People are always writing how much William looks like his mother, but there is a lot of his father and grandfather in him too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR2zJw7obM0

I think it is the shape of the mouth and chin and the movement of them.

I think Harry's eye look like his momma, I always thought he looked more Spencer than Windsor but as he gets older, I think he does look like the DoE

I have always seen more Mountbatten in William than Diana.

There was a photo of William around the time his mother died which looked a lot like a photo of Philip aged 15 taken at some sports event at Gordonstoun and they looked very alike.

As for Harry - he was very much like Philip's father when he was younger and now is resembling his father more and more.

I have always seen more Mountbatten in William than Diana.

There was a photo of William around the time his mother died which looked a lot like a photo of Philip aged 15 taken at some sports event at Gordonstoun and they looked very alike.

As for Harry - he was very much like Philip's father when he was younger and now is resembling his father more and more.

Yes, clearly the canard of Harry being a Hewlitt become more I obvious as he gets older.

Could someone please explain what is wrong with little Lady Louise's eyes? Can this problem be corrected?

I think she is receiving treatment, and because of that she's so much better, because when she was younger, her eyes were definately worse than they are now.

I think she is receiving treatment, and because of that she's so much better, because when she was younger, her eyes were definately worse than they are now.

I imagine Lou wears an eye patch at school and home to strengthen her eye muscles.

Lady Louise has exotropia which is a condition that causes her eyes to turn inwards/outwards. It is caused by a weakness in her eye muscles and can affect the person's focusn. Louise rings her eyes at times with her hand to focus more. The condition can be correcte via surgery but it has been widely reported that Edward and Sophie chose not to but her eyes do appear to be slightly better.

I imagine Lou wears an eye patch at school and home to strengthen her eye muscles.

Lady Louise has exotropia which is a condition that causes her eyes to turn inwards/outwards. It is caused by a weakness in her eye muscles and can affect the person's focusn. Louise rings her eyes at times with her hand to focus more. The condition can be correcte via surgery but it has been widely reported that Edward and Sophie chose not to but her eyes do appear to be slightly better.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that she was born six weeks early?

Does it have anything to do with the fact that she was born six weeks early?

We don't actually know how premature Louise was. It was reported she was a month early/4 weeks early, thus she was born at 36 weeks gestation which isn't THAT premature. Her birth weight was considerably small for 36 weeks gestation though. Exotropia/Esotropia, otherwise known as strabismus and divergent squint's, are associated with prematurity but it is not necessarily the cause as many full term babies have the condition. It results when the muscles in the eyes weaken, and this can happen much earlier on in pregnancy. "Congenital exotropia presents in infants younger than 6 months. Children who are born premature are at higher risk of developing strabismus; however, congenital exotropia does not occur at a higher rate in premature children."Source.

Perhaps the placental abruption, which would have been an insult to the baby, (I do not mean that in a negative way - insult is the term used to describe anything during pregnancy that can cause hypoxia/reduced oxygen to an unborn baby), could have caused it but we'll never know. Louise is very lucky to be alive as sudden placental abruptions are very dangerous and reduce oxygen to the fetus drastically and can often result in death.

Current members
HM: George VI/Queen Mary, though I think she has a lot of her mother in her roundish face shape
Philip: Prince Andrew
Charles: A mix of both but I think a little more like Philip.
Anne: Philip
Andrew: Mix of both
Edward: HM
William: Diana
Harry: Charles/Philip
Beatrice: Mix of both
Eugenie: Andrew/QM

Historical
Victoria: Prince Edward, Duke of Kent

Victoria, Princess Royal: Victoria
Edward VII: Victoria
Princess Alice: Albert
Prince Alfred: Victoria
Princess Helena: Victoria
Princess Louise: Victoria
Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught: Mix of both
Prince Leopold: Victoria
Princess Beatrice: Victoria

Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence: Edward VII
George V: Alexandra
Louise, Princess Royal: Alexandra
Princess Victoria: Alexandra
Princess Maud: Alexandra

Edward VIII: Mix of both
George VI: George V
Mary, Princess Royal: Mary
Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester: Mary
Prince George, Duke of Kent: George V
Prince John: Mary

Princess Margaret: George VI (moreso than HM)

Of course, all my opinion.

Last edited:
Perhaps the placental abruption, which would have been an insult to the baby, (I do not mean that in a negative way - insult is the term used to describe anything during pregnancy that can cause hypoxia/reduced oxygen to an unborn baby), could have caused it but we'll never know. Louise is very lucky to be alive as sudden placental abruptions are very dangerous and reduce oxygen to the fetus drastically and can often result in death.

My brother's placenta separated at 30 weeks, and my mom was in labour for 30 hours after her water broke (or, rather, leaked); from 8:30 am on the Friday until just before 3:00 pm on the Saturday, when the doctors did a C-section. My dad was with her almost the whole time. Thankfully they both lived. My brother was in the NICU for almost 6 weeks weighing 3 lbs. 9 oz. at birth, and only needed oxygen the first day of his life. He was home before his original due date of April 3, 1996. He's now 17 and is finishing up grade 11, with over a 90 percent average. His favourite subjects are English and Latin. At 6 foot 1, he's taller than both our parents (Our dad used to be 5 foot 9, but he's shrinking) and it's likely he'll keep growing for another year or so.

Last edited:
My brother's placenta separated at 30 weeks, and my mom was in labour for 30 hours after her water broke (or, rather, leaked); from 8:30 am on the Friday until just before 3:00 pm on the Saturday, when the doctors did a C-section. My dad was with her almost the whole time. Thankfully they both lived. My brother was in the NICU for almost 6 weeks weighing 3 lbs. 9 oz. at birth, and only needed oxygen the first day of his life. He was home before his original due date of April 3, 1996. He's now 17 and is finishing up grade 11, with over a 90 percent average. His favourite subjects are English and Latin. At 6 foot 1, he's taller than both our parents (Our dad used to be 5 foot 9, but he's shrinking) and it's likely he'll keep growing for another year or so.

It depends on the separation of the placenta. Partial separation, which is likely what happened to your brother at 30 weeks, is ok and the unborn baby compromises for it as they are designed to do. In Sophie's case the abruption was likely an immediate abruption resulting in a lot of blood loss and severe abdominal cramps, which is why they had to do an emergency c section under general anaesthetic. They likely scanned Sophie and saw the separation of the placenta and the baby's heartrate was likely very slow. They perhaps noticed Sophie's blood pressure being very, very high which is a cause for placental abruptions. I say this because it all happened in a very short period - there was no hanging around waiting to see if the CTG (which is the machine used to monitor baby's heartbeats during labour) got any better etc. I am a midwife and we see partial abruptions quite a lot (which is sometimes why when a woman's waters break they are pink/blood stained), but baby's compromise for themselves and their oxygen and pH levels are often alright. Baby's are often very anaemic (low iron levels) after birth due to the large blood loss to themselves, but their oxygen levels are at times alright. Abruptions are just more dangerous if they happen suddenly and come away completely.

Current members
HM: George VI/Queen Mary, though I think she has a lot of her mother in her roundish face shape
Philip: Prince Andrew
Charles: A mix of both but I think a little more like Philip.
Anne: Philip
Andrew: Mix of both
Edward: HM
William: Diana
Harry: Charles/Philip
Beatrice: Mix of both
Eugenie: Andrew/QM

Adding a few to this:

Zara: Princess Anne without a doubt!
Louise: Prince Edward, right down to her little gapped teeth.
James: I think he looks quite like Charles as a young boy, particularly as a toddler.

Last edited:
IMO, Lord Frederick Windsor and King Edward VII have the same eyes.

Regarding other members of the BRF: I see a lot of Prince Edward in Lady Louise, whilst her brother, Viscount Severn looks a bit like Prince Edward did when he was a child. I also think that Prince Harry looks a lot like Prince Phillip, whilst I think that Prince William looks like his cousin, Peter Phillips. I've always thought that the Viscount Linley and his daughter Margarita bear a strong resemblance to Princess Margaret. Margarita also reminds me of her aunt, Lady Sarah Chatto. I'm not quite sure who her brother Charles looks like. Here are some comparisons I found online of The Queen Mother, Princess Eugenie, Queen Victoria and Princess Beatrice:

The Queen Mother and Princess Beatrice:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/25/article-1222921-06F63C63000005DC-572_634x432.jpg

I don't really see a strong resemblance here, but their eyes are similar.

Princess Beatrice and Queen Victoria:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/25/article-1222921-06F63F8F000005DC-641_634x355.jpg
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/...g/beatrice/beatrice-victoria.jpg?t=1256264313

I see more resemblance between them in the first picture; their eyes and hair are very similar (except Victoria's hair was darker).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom