Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother picked up on the William-Edward resemblance back in 2007, during the tribute to Diana. I was watching it on tv, and Edward was sitting behind William, and the camera had the two of them in such a way that the resemblance was really striking. The hair loss is, of course, obvious, but there's some other resemblance about them, I can't quite place it. But my mom said "He looks like Diana, but I think he's really going to look like Prince Edward as he ages."

My mother picked up on the William-Edward resemblance back in 2007, during the tribute to Diana. I was watching it on tv, and Edward was sitting behind William, and the camera had the two of them in such a way that the resemblance was really striking. The hair loss is, of course, obvious, but there's some other resemblance about them, I can't quite place it. But my mom said "He looks like Diana, but I think he's really going to look like Prince Edward as he ages."

I agree that he does look like Diana, but I do think, as your mum said, he is going to become more and more like Edward as he grows old. That isn't a bad thing though as Edward was always quite handsome, compared to his brothers. Prince Charles was never traditionally handsome. Edward is quite like his father in that he had the dashing look with his blonde hair etc. and he still remains the best looking of the Queen's children.

I agree that he does look like Diana, but I do think, as your mum said, he is going to become more and more like Edward as he grows old. That isn't a bad thing though as Edward was always quite handsome, compared to his brothers. Prince Charles was never traditionally handsome. Edward is quite like his father in that he had the dashing look with his blonde hair etc. and he still remains the best looking of the Queen's children.

Something strange happens when people age. Edward and William lost their youthful beauty with staggering swiftness. Charles, has actually improved with age and, IMO, is much more appealing.

Also, there is a squirrel in Prince Edward's face.

PrinceEdward.jpg

I hope I linked this image correctly!

I always thought that Diana looked exactly like her paternal grandmother Lady Cynthia Hamilton (aka Countess Cynthia Spencer)

I agree Diana had a startling resemblance to her Spencer grandmother, but I also see much of Diana's mother and the Roche family in Diana's face. Mrs. Shand Kydd had the same "saucer eyes" as Diana, who passed them on to William! :flowers:

While I do see more Windsor emerging in William as he ages, I still think he is weighed more to the Spencer side of the family, especially when one takes into account his height and frame, which come from no one in the BRF, that's for certain!

I think Prince Harry resembles Edward more than William, especially around the eyes. I could never figure out where Harry got those tiny eyes from. I also think Harry resembles Prince Philip more than he does Prince Charles. Harry is still holding onto his looks, but William definitely lost his fast like most of the Windsor's.

Last edited:
It shows QEII in 1930s and lady Louise Windsor ,it's there:) the resemblance.

Attachments

• image-681742623.png
    image-681742623.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 998
Here 's a website showing other family resemblances of the BRF.

William has the mannerisisms of Prince Charles but he looks much like his mother. Her eyes, her nose, some of the way he moves his head etc, just screams Diana.

MM

Harry as a baby used to bear quite a resemblance to Diana's father the Late Earl Spencer. The red hair is of course a Spencer characteristic. I am not sure about Spencer hair loss, but perhaps Harry's Spencer genes will not cause him to lose his hair in his twenties. Time will tell.

Alex

Yes I can see that, I used to think Harry looked alot like his uncle Spencer.

MM

A terrible thing for me to have to say, but in the aftermath of the fall-out from the revelation of Diana's affair with the red-haired James Hewitt, there was much comment in the tabloids about Harry's hair colour. People of course were forgetting that the Spencers were often red heads. From Diana's generation, sister Sarah was also red haired.

Alex

A terrible thing for me to have to say, but in the aftermath of the fall-out from the revelation of Diana's affair with the red-haired James Hewitt, there was much comment in the tabloids about Harry's hair colour. People of course were forgetting that the Spencers were often red heads. From Diana's generation, sister Sarah was also red haired.

Alex

Oh yes lots of gossip about that. Silly really considering that the actual facts don't support it. I suppose people also (conveniently) forgot about the Spencer hair.

MM

I believe Sarah is a red head and Charles Spencer has blondish red hair. I also remember hearing or reading somewhere that Diana naturally had strawberry blonde hair, not sun kissed blonde hair which was actually out of a bottle.

None of the pictures I've seen of Diana as a child show reddish or strawberry blonde hair...does anyone have any links to that?

MM

I agree about William having an increasing resemblance to Edward (and to George VI). In some pix of William as a boy, he looks like a clone of Diana, but he's always had a lot of Windsor in him.

Harry is more of a mix. The person I think he looks the most like is Redmond O'Neal, Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett's son. I saw a picture of Redmond in court the other day, and I thought it was Harry: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2010/02/1265198911611.jpg

I've always thought the Queen looked a lot like her distant cousin Queen Fredericka of Greece. In some pictures from the 50s, you almost can't tell them apart.

Take away the red hair, and the nose, and concentrate on the shape of the eyes and how far they are apart (quite narrow) , and the eyebrows, and the grin, and Prince Harry is the spitting image of his father, Prince Charles.

Prince William is looking more and more like his uncle, Prince Edward.

Does anyone have any idea why Harry's eyes are so narrow? I see no one in the family he could have gotten that from unless perhaps Edward, if you look real hard.

Almost a carbon copy of his father. To me, their smiles are very, very similar.

I've been noticing that too lately, especially when you see a photo of Harry in profile. I have to look twice as at first glance, I thought it was Charles.

I always for some reason too thought that Charles' eyes were narrowly set too. Like father, like son.

Does anyone have any idea why Harry's eyes are so narrow? I see no one in the family he could have gotten that

Genetic. From Prince Charles, to be sure; he's always had narrow-spaced eyes.

This is the pictures that shows the resemblance between Charles and Harry.

Look at the ears, smile, head shape, nose and eye shape.

http://i55.tinypic.com/119nk9t.jpg

This is definitely one of the photos i was thinking about. Thanks dbarn67.

Last edited:
Grandduchess24

That's a good find. Louise is all Granny :)

XeniaCasaraghi

I think Harry get's his small eyes from Charles.

Last edited:
For some odd reason, I have often felt there was a resemblance between the Princess Royal and her aunt Princess Margaret. Maybe it's just the hair though

I also can see Philip in Harry around the eyes.
For me Harry is a Spencer, I always thinks he looks with his aunt, Lady Sarah and her son.
But for me he have the nose and smile of his paternal grand-mother, Queen Elizabeth II.

Lady Sarah with Diana:
http://cdn.wn.com/pd/7c/9b/4fab95e44a555a9f302bc51a08e1_grande.jpg

Diana, Harry and Sarah's son:
[URL]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/83814837.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548D15AE03F07534732737E0C4DF48C37DBF08D14DDFEDF7E6A[/URL]

Great picture finds. They really look alike.
Another picture of Harry with his cousin:
http://dianaslegacy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/harryandcosin.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom