The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Commoner

I think like I said before, I think Lord Freddie has a remarkable resemblence to Prince Eddy, Queen Victoria, and King George V. Prince Williams resemblence is harder to see but I think he has a mix of Prince Philip and the Windsors in his features.

"A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman."
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Commoner

Also, today I was looking at getty, at pictures of royals. And I saw a picture of Prince William of Gloucester, and him and Prince William of Wales do have similiar features, except Prince William of G looks to have darker hair. Isnt Prince William of G who Prince William of W supposedly named after, because Prince Charles and Prince William were close freinds?

"A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman."
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of scotland View Post
Also, today I was looking at getty, at pictures of royals. And I saw a picture of Prince William of Gloucester, and him and Prince William of Wales do have similiar features, except Prince William of G looks to have darker hair. Isnt Prince William of G who Prince William of W supposedly named after, because Prince Charles and Prince William were close freinds?
Good question! But sadly I know nothing about a relationship between Prince Charles and the Gloucesters. I only know, Prince Michael of Kent had a very close relation to Prince William and Richard since they were children... BTW I think, both Gloucesters resembled much her mother, Princess Alice.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, both Prince William and Prince Richard look/looked a great deal like their mother. But sometimes there's a picture of the current Duke, now that he's older, where I find him looking like Windsors, either his father or George VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Good question! But sadly I know nothing about a relationship between Prince Charles and the Gloucesters. I only know, Prince Michael of Kent had a very close relation to Prince William and Richard since they were children... BTW I think, both Gloucesters resembled much her mother, Princess Alice.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes, both Prince William and Prince Richard look/looked a great deal like their mother. But sometimes there's a picture of the current Duke, now that he's older, where I find him looking like Windsors, either his father or George VI.
I agree, in the last few years the current Duke of Gloucester reminds me more and more to his father Prince Henry.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Courtier

I came across this photograph of Kaiser Wilhelm II with his son and grandson.
Is it just me, or there is a strong resemblance between Crown Prince Wilhelm and Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Is it just me, or there is a strong resemblance between Crown Prince Wilhelm and Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales?
It's not just you. I see it too.
So long and goodnight...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Sorry don't see any resemblance at all.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
A few additional photos to Iceflower's photos.

http://i26.tinypic.com/24phzev.jpg
He looks much like his grandfather Prince Philip in this picture. I'm glad, he had a good time as it looks. And I like his outfit.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Harry does resemble Philip more with every year. He used to be more a Spencer, what with that red hair of his, but now he's a Windsor through and through.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
He looks much like his grandfather Prince Philip in this picture. I'm glad, he had a good time as it looks. And I like his outfit.
Oh! Dierna, you must be very young, and I am a grandmother! In these photos Harry looks more like a pauper than a prince.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Harry does resemble Philip more with every year. He used to be more a Spencer, what with that red hair of his, but now he's a Windsor through and through.

You know I have always thought that both William and Harry resemble Philip and his Greek/Danish Mountbatten genes than anything. The red hair was a red herring to me but many people don't look past the hair to see the facial features and they are, to me anyway, clearly from their father's side not their mother.

Of all the royal men the one who looks least like Philip, to me, is Andrew with Charles, Edward, William, Harry and Peter all having strong similarities to Philip.

I do think that a lot of people forget just how handsome Philip was as a young man so when the young princes appeared to be handsome they immediately discounted those genes as having come from Charles and gave the credit to Diana rather than consider the fact that Charles was the one who had the handsome genes in his DNA from his father.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I see a lot of Diana in William's facial expressions, even in print. With Harry, her expressions come through more in video. But yes, there's a LOT of Mountbatten in them both. I've noticed that Prince Andrew moves like Prince Philip, especially when walking. They both have that energetic, slightly-leaning forward stride--like they can't wait to get where they're going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
You know I have always thought that both William and Harry resemble Philip and his Greek/Danish Mountbatten genes than anything. The red hair was a red herring to me but many people don't look past the hair to see the facial features and they are, to me anyway, clearly from their father's side not their mother.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
---edited---- The red hair was a red herring to me but many people don't look past the hair to see the facial features and they are, to me anyway, clearly from their father's side not their mother.
I expect we all see something different.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I see a lot of Diana in William's facial expressions, even in print. With Harry, her expressions come through more in video. But yes, there's a LOT of Mountbatten in them both. I've noticed that Prince Andrew moves like Prince Philip, especially when walking. They both have that energetic, slightly-leaning forward stride--like they can't wait to get where they're going.
Absolutely--I've thought the same thing about Andrew. He definitely doesn't look like Prince Philip (I guess he looks more like the Queen Mother's family with the dark hair and eyebrows and rounded face) but he definitely has the same energetic stride and rather authoritative mannerisms.

I can also see a resemblance between Harry and Philip.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes, definitely. It's getting more obviously as Harry ages, too. Harry looks somewhat like Prince Edward, too, especially when he's smiling broadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I can also see a resemblance between Harry and Philip.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Gentry

i can't really see a resemblance between harry and prince edward, to me harry has a lot of prince phillip and the mountbatten's , and edward is a total replica of the queen, he is exactly like the queen
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry totally has Charles eyes. Charles has small light blue eyes that are close together. And that's exactly how Harry's eyes are!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Harry totally has Charles eyes. Charles has small light blue eyes that are close together. And that's exactly how Harry's eyes are!
And those eyes come from Queen Mary. I tried to find a close up photo of Queen Mary to link to, but when I Google her, all I get is pages of photos of the ship!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I definitely remember reading in a few places how charles was enamoured by William of G's carefree ways and popularity with woman, and even looked up to him as a model, getting advice from him not to marry the first woman you fall in love with, but rather sow your wild oats etc.

Tags
british royal family, family resemblance, prince william, relationships