Earl and Countess of Ulster and Family News 1: April 2004-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
foiegrass said:
What an interesting name. Xan! :] congratulations to the Gloucester family

Someone pointed out in an earlier post his father's name as a possble source.
It also seems likely to me that it is a diminutive of AleXANder.

Congrats on the new baby. How is Xan prounounced?

Lady Jennifer said:
Congrats on the new baby. How is Xan prounounced?
I'm not sure. it is possible it's zan as Charlotte1 suggested? :ermm:

Similar names to Xan:
Behind the Name: Search Results

Or maybe like:
1. Dutch Xander - KSAHN-dur
2. English Zander - ZAN-dur
3. like part of Alexander - al-eg-ZAN-dur

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I'm not sure. it is possible it's zan as Charlotte1 suggested? :ermm:

Thats what I was thinking as well when I read the name. Lord Xan- sounds almost Star Wars-ish... :lol:
But I do like it.

Or like Xanadu from 1980 with Olivia Newton-John.:lol:

Lady Jennifer said:
Thats what I was thinking as well when I read the name. Lord Xan- sounds almost Star Wars-ish... :lol:
But I do like it.

Indeed! Perhaps he is being groomed to become the next Jedi and take over the European Union!:ROFLMAO:

Well, I know some of the Kents have interesting names (Lady Helen's sons sound like the cast of Julius Caesar), but I'd never have thought the Gloucesters would get creative like that. I wonder what Lady Davina will be calling her little Maoris when she starts producing them.

Elspeth said:
Well, I know some of the Kents have interesting names (Lady Helen's sons sound like the cast of Julius Caesar), but I'd never have thought the Gloucesters would get creative like that. I wonder what Lady Davina will be calling her little Maoris when she starts producing them.

If Lady Davina has a girl, she might want to call her Elizabeth, after Her Majesty. Only in Maori way - Irihapeti, or maybe Margaret - Makareta.
icon10.gif

Do we know when the Earl of Ulster is supposed to go to Irak ?
I think that May was announced but since Pce Harry is not going, I thought that maybe the same principle would apply. In my opinion any member of the RF (minor or not) is a potential target.

To repeat PrincessofEurope's question, little Xan is now a year old. is there ANY information about his christening? I assume it was a really low-key event, since I'm sure it would have popped up somewhere that a member of the BRF was going. I'm sure the Gloucesters went, but perhaps it was very private. I guess we can assume from this that none of the BRF were godparents to the baby either...

He and I share the same birthday, March 12th. I am tickled to share a birthday with a royal. :)

The Countess of Ulster is British,she was born in Sheffield,England in December 1977

I am not sure how much news there is on the Earl and Countess of Ulster as they are not public figures even though they are royal. This is the thread to my knowledge on the Ulsters, which is of their wedding: Alexander and Claire, Wedding

Isn't there a thread about this couple in the Royal weddings section of the forum? I haven't seen one but I would be very interested to.

:previous:
There is no thread for the wedding of the Earl and Countess of Ulster.
The wedding was a low-profile event with little news coverage.

the Earl and Countess of Ulster had a daughter on 20/05/10: Lady Cosima Rose Alexandra Windsor

When is Lady Cosima's baptism? Who will be the godparents?

More than likely the baptism if there is one it will be private and I doubt any infortmation will be released about any of the 3 baptisms.

No information was ever releashed about the baptism of Xan so i doubt they will release anything about Cosima's

Earl of Ulster Flanks Queen at St. Paul's

Alex, The Earl of Ulster, his wife and parents, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were flanking the Queen during the Diamond Jubilee service at St. Paul's cathedral. Good to see this quiet section of the Royal Family in the centre frame.

Back
Top Bottom