The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Hello,
have you some pics of George's wedding with Sylvana?
I found two pics about it , one in black and withe with the couple cutting cake and another where is only Sylvana with blu dress and hat?
Can you say me something about?
Thanks!!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The Earl and Countess of St Andrews have recently been visiting Newfoundland where she was born and spent her early years.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The British Royals Message Board: The Earl & Countess of St Andrew in Newfoundland

Here is some coverage of their visit to Newfoundland.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for this link
Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Since the Earl and Countess of St. Andrew are said to have a modest income, how do they pay for their children to go to prestigious prep schools? The fee for each daughter is said in the thread, above, to be 6/7 of the Countess's salary teaching history at Cambridge.
They are also said to be part of the Kent family which has only modest means, compared to other royals. Obviously putting two daughters through the prep school would cost more than the Countess makes, and her husband is said to be a house-husband taking care of the children, which is admirable of him, as someone surely has to do it.
Perhaps the Queen or Prince Charles chips in to pay for Amelia and Marina's education, and of course Edward was also educated privately.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps they inherited their parents brains and have scholarships. Edward himself was a Kings Scholar at Eton.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Young royal¿s ear for fashion: Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor sports trendy 'tragus' piercing at Queen¿s pre-Christmas lunch | Mail Online

Quote:
When the Queen invited her nearest and dearest to a pre-Christmas lunch, the code was dress to impress.
Quite what she thought about the new ‘tragus’ piercing being sported by the Duke of Kent’s grand-daughter, 20-year-old Lady Marina-Charlotte Windsor, though, is anyone’s guess.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Since the Earl and Countess of St. Andrew are said to have a modest income, how do they pay for their children to go to prestigious prep schools? The fee for each daughter is said in the thread, above, to be 6/7 of the Countess's salary teaching history at Cambridge.
They are also said to be part of the Kent family which has only modest means, compared to other royals. Obviously putting two daughters through the prep school would cost more than the Countess makes, and her husband is said to be a house-husband taking care of the children, which is admirable of him, as someone surely has to do it.
Perhaps the Queen or Prince Charles chips in to pay for Amelia and Marina's education, and of course Edward was also educated privately.

I'm quite sure education is payed by royal family funds, that is one of the first things for which money is made available in any family I guess.

These schools are not only about education, they are also important find the right friends in life.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love this quote from the article:
Quote:
Lady Marina ... is believed to be on a gap year ahead of studying at Oxford with hopes of working for the United Nations or pursuing a career in international diplomacy - a talent she might have needed to use while chatting to Prince Philip about her piercing over the dinner table.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 AM

Just came across this thread while browsing online...

I was a student at Cambridge some years ago, and Sylvana was one of my supervisors. She is one of the nicest professors I had. She's a great teacher, and really goes out of her way to get to know her students. She's also clearly quite brilliant.

She is totally unassuming, and you wouldn't even guess that she was part of the Royal Family, if you didn't already know. In fact, because she uses her maiden name at the university, very few of her students actually know about her royal connections. I only found out because I had to google one of her papers for a class.

All the best wishes to her and her family!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

Looking at the pictures of the Earl and his brother Nicholas Windsor, I am amazed at their high foreheads. Although such physiognomy might not always indicate that they have lots of brains, I suspect it might do so in this case. And it is correct that the earl's children may have inherited the brains, from both father and mother. Lord Nicholas's children may be too young yet to determine their braininess, but Lord Nicholas's wife does come from a brainy family too--amazing what this family has accomplished in intellectual fields.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Commoner

When I was spending my afternoon youtube-ing, I stumbled upon this video .. Since there isn't much information about Baron Downpatrick, i find this video is somewhat precious :)

Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Nobility

This is really interesting.....thanks so much for posting.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the upcoming issue of Hello magazine, there is an article about lady Amelia Windsor, the youngest daughter of Earl St. Andrews.

She is preparing to the Ball des Debutantes in Paris. There is a picture of her gown, that was designed by Ellie Saab. She is inspired by the styles of her aunt, lady Helen Taylor, and the Duchess of Cambridge. The ball will take place on 30 November.

Amelia considers a future career in fashion.

Celebrity and royal news and photos in HELLO! Magazine
Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Today Lady Amelia will debut at the Ball:

Lady Amelia Windsor au Bal des débutantes | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 12-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I purchased the edition of Hello which talks about Lady Amelia attending the Ball des Debutantes in Paris. She is very pretty and the gowns she wore looked lovely on her. It's a shame that we don't see more of the Kents.
P.S= Once I get my scanner to work, I'll try and scan some photos from the Hello spread.

Noblesse & Royautes have a photo of Lady Amelia attending the Ball in Paris:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...BJzLvYZdil.jpg
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Wearing couture gowns and dazzling smiles, some 20 young girls, hand-picked from around the world, have gathered in Paris to attend the high-society Debutantes Ball.
Guests included Lady Amelia Windsor, granddaughter of the Queen's cousin Prince Edward, Duke of Kent; Kyra Kennedy, daughter of Robert Kennedy Jr. and great-niece to the late President John F. Kennedy; and Lauren Marbe, the 17-year-old daughter of a London taxi driver, who hit headlines with her IQ score of 161, one point higher than Einstein.
Dressed in Dior, Kyra Kennedy and her father Robert opened the ball - held at the Automobile Club on Saturday - to the sound of a gypsy waltz, at one of the social events of the year where high society meets haute couture.
Lady Amelia Windsor, Kyra Kennedy and the daughter of a London cabbie rub Dior-draped shoulders at the Debutantes Ball in Paris | Mail Online
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sylvana, The Countess of St Andrews, added some serious LOOKS to the Windsor family as her daughter's are beautiful and her son is so handsome. Lady Amelia looks lovely.

I feel Amelia and co. have the best of the Royal world - they are likely relatively wealthy and get to attend all the big Royal gatherings, as well as being very normal and unknown. They definitely have taken over the "longest names" in the family. They have more names than the Queen's children! The Daily Mail has put Amelia's full name in : Lady Amelia Sophia Theodora Mary Margaret Windsor. Woah.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Commoner

Lady Amelia Windsor attended the Dockers Flannels for Heroes event

Dockers Flannels for Heroes drinks reception - Tatler