Earl and Countess of St. Andrews and Family News 1: September 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does Silvana have any aristocratic or royal blood?Is she purely Italian by blood?
It will be interesting to know more on her background

Why is it only their youngest in line for throne? They have 3 kids, 2 girls and boy, right? And boys oldest is he not?

The older two have been confirmed as Roman Catholics but the younger one has yet to make that decision. All three were baptised as Anglicans so that it would be their decisions about being in line to the throne - so that if that was important to them they could make that decision for themselves but so far the two elder have decided that their faith is more important and the younger will possibly make the same decision and thus loose her place as well.

Does Silvana have any aristocratic or royal blood?Is she purely Italian by blood?
It will be interesting to know more on her background

Hard to say,not much is not known about her...except that she is a child of Maximilian Karl Tomaselli(although his family name is Italian by origin his names sound Germanic) and Josiane Preschez(sounds French or Germanic)...

There wasn't any information that came out at the time of the wedding except her parents' names, that she was from Newfoundland, and the kind of work that she did.

Hard to say,not much is not known about her...except that she is a child of Maximilian Karl Tomaselli(although his family name is Italian by origin his names sound Germanic) and Josiane Preschez(sounds French or Germanic)...

Does anyone have more information on young daughters of Earl and his son Lord Downpatrick?
For example,the languages they speak,their studies,general info and phisical appearance(height etc.)

All I know for Edward is that he is Catholic, he was one of Diana's godchildren, he went to Eton and is at Oxford studying Modern Languages. So he must know a few langauges to do that.

Amelia & Marina-Charlotte are at St Mary's School, Ascot.
Physical appearance, the most recent pictures of them were in the Tatler issue. I think there are photos further up. :)

Does anyone have any pics of Earl ,his wife and children at the royal wedding?

Hello,
have you some pics of George's wedding with Sylvana?
I found two pics about it , one in black and withe with the couple cutting cake and another where is only Sylvana with blu dress and hat?
Can you say me something about?
Thanks!!!!

The Earl and Countess of St Andrews have recently been visiting Newfoundland where she was born and spent her early years.

Since the Earl and Countess of St. Andrew are said to have a modest income, how do they pay for their children to go to prestigious prep schools? The fee for each daughter is said in the thread, above, to be 6/7 of the Countess's salary teaching history at Cambridge.
They are also said to be part of the Kent family which has only modest means, compared to other royals. Obviously putting two daughters through the prep school would cost more than the Countess makes, and her husband is said to be a house-husband taking care of the children, which is admirable of him, as someone surely has to do it.
Perhaps the Queen or Prince Charles chips in to pay for Amelia and Marina's education, and of course Edward was also educated privately.

Perhaps they inherited their parents brains and have scholarships. Edward himself was a Kings Scholar at Eton.

Since the Earl and Countess of St. Andrew are said to have a modest income, how do they pay for their children to go to prestigious prep schools? The fee for each daughter is said in the thread, above, to be 6/7 of the Countess's salary teaching history at Cambridge.
They are also said to be part of the Kent family which has only modest means, compared to other royals. Obviously putting two daughters through the prep school would cost more than the Countess makes, and her husband is said to be a house-husband taking care of the children, which is admirable of him, as someone surely has to do it.
Perhaps the Queen or Prince Charles chips in to pay for Amelia and Marina's education, and of course Edward was also educated privately.

I'm quite sure education is payed by royal family funds, that is one of the first things for which money is made available in any family I guess.

These schools are not only about education, they are also important find the right friends in life.

I love this quote from the article: :D
Lady Marina ... is believed to be on a gap year ahead of studying at Oxford with hopes of working for the United Nations or pursuing a career in international diplomacy - a talent she might have needed to use while chatting to Prince Philip about her piercing over the dinner table.

Just came across this thread while browsing online...

I was a student at Cambridge some years ago, and Sylvana was one of my supervisors. She is one of the nicest professors I had. She's a great teacher, and really goes out of her way to get to know her students. She's also clearly quite brilliant.

She is totally unassuming, and you wouldn't even guess that she was part of the Royal Family, if you didn't already know. In fact, because she uses her maiden name at the university, very few of her students actually know about her royal connections. I only found out because I had to google one of her papers for a class.

All the best wishes to her and her family!

Looking at the pictures of the Earl and his brother Nicholas Windsor, I am amazed at their high foreheads. Although such physiognomy might not always indicate that they have lots of brains, I suspect it might do so in this case. And it is correct that the earl's children may have inherited the brains, from both father and mother. Lord Nicholas's children may be too young yet to determine their braininess, but Lord Nicholas's wife does come from a brainy family too--amazing what this family has accomplished in intellectual fields.

In the upcoming issue of Hello magazine, there is an article about lady Amelia Windsor, the youngest daughter of Earl St. Andrews.

She is preparing to the Ball des Debutantes in Paris. There is a picture of her gown, that was designed by Ellie Saab. She is inspired by the styles of her aunt, lady Helen Taylor, and the Duchess of Cambridge. The ball will take place on 30 November.

Amelia considers a future career in fashion.

Celebrity and royal news and photos in HELLO! Magazine

I purchased the edition of Hello which talks about Lady Amelia attending the Ball des Debutantes in Paris. She is very pretty and the gowns she wore looked lovely on her. It's a shame that we don't see more of the Kents.
P.S= Once I get my scanner to work, I'll try and scan some photos from the Hello spread. :flowers:

Noblesse & Royautes have a photo of Lady Amelia attending the Ball in Paris:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/w...2013+Debutantes+Ball+Outside+reBJzLvYZdil.jpg

Wearing couture gowns and dazzling smiles, some 20 young girls, hand-picked from around the world, have gathered in Paris to attend the high-society Debutantes Ball.
Guests included Lady Amelia Windsor, granddaughter of the Queen's cousin Prince Edward, Duke of Kent; Kyra Kennedy, daughter of Robert Kennedy Jr. and great-niece to the late President John F. Kennedy; and Lauren Marbe, the 17-year-old daughter of a London taxi driver, who hit headlines with her IQ score of 161, one point higher than Einstein.
Dressed in Dior, Kyra Kennedy and her father Robert opened the ball - held at the Automobile Club on Saturday - to the sound of a gypsy waltz, at one of the social events of the year where high society meets haute couture.

Lady Amelia Windsor, Kyra Kennedy and the daughter of a London cabbie rub Dior-draped shoulders at the Debutantes Ball in Paris | Mail Online

Sylvana, The Countess of St Andrews, added some serious LOOKS to the Windsor family as her daughter's are beautiful and her son is so handsome. Lady Amelia looks lovely.

I feel Amelia and co. have the best of the Royal world - they are likely relatively wealthy and get to attend all the big Royal gatherings, as well as being very normal and unknown. They definitely have taken over the "longest names" in the family. They have more names than the Queen's children! The Daily Mail has put Amelia's full name in : Lady Amelia Sophia Theodora Mary Margaret Windsor. Woah.

Last edited:
I see a resemblance to Amelia's aunt Lady Helen Taylor in some of her pictures.

I have a copy of her Tatler photo shoot. Their is a very brief writeup - Lady Amelia is in her first year at Edinburgh university reading French and Italian and she is also in the student drama society where she took part in their production of the Crucible. It goes so to say hat Lady Amelia most wants to highlight the charity Veterans Aid which she worked for during her gap year in 2014.
"The team support veterans struggling with all kinds of issues. Whether it's finding accommodation, dealing with an addiction or something simple like buying food, clothing or an Oyster card. I've never seen so much hard work and passion from so dedicated a group of people. I will never forget my time working there"

Back
Top Bottom