Dutch Introductory Visit to the United Kingdom: July 10, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when is this visit taking place? I thought it was the 19th and 20th of July but I read a few posts above that it is today?

So let´s hope for at least some official pics.

And: not that the audience will be SUDDELY interrupted by someone running in and shouting: "The Royal Baby just arrived" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling:

BYe Bine

I think the audience is private, not much media coverage.

So let´s hope for at least some official pics.

And: not that the audience will be SUDDELY interrupted by someone running in and shouting: "The Royal Baby just arrived" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling:

BYe Bine

This is exactly why I would not make a good courtier. I would not be able to contain my excitement that either the duchess went into labor or that the baby was born during a visit such as this.

Why is there only one pic of this visit? We got more from the other introductory visits, didn't we?

From the official website of the British monarchy:

Inward State visits since 1952:

• 11-15 April 1972, Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
  • 16-19 November 1982, Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus of the Netherlands
Outward State visits since 1952:

• 25-27 March 1958, The Netherlands, visiting Queen Juliana I
  • 5 February 2007, The Netherlands, visiting the Queen of the Netherlands (to mark the 400th Anniversary of the English Church in Amsterdam)
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/RoyalVisits/Inwardstatevisitssince1952.aspx
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/RoyalVisits/OutwardStatevisitssince1952.aspx

So today's visit is not a state visit, either? It's just an intro?

I do appreciate that the Queen may be busy, but 1958... that's 55 years ago!

I do look forward to pictures of the Dutch visit to the UK today!

I was under the impression that State visits occured once during a head of state's reign, as such once HMQE and The then Queen BEatrix had both made state visits to each other's countries any other visits were more low key "official" visits.

Last edited:
Why is there only one pic of this visit? We got more from the other introductory visits, didn't we?

Even when there is a state dinner/visit at Windsor we rarely get many pics. Given that this was basically a low key private visit I am not surprised there was only 1 pic released.
Actually I am happy a pic was released at all. The Court Circular freqiently says that HM received the President/PM of this or that nation and we never see any pics of those meetings at all because they are also private/low key visits.

Even when there is a state dinner/visit at Windsor we rarely get many pics. Given that this was basically a low key private visit I am not surprised there was only 1 pic released.
Actually I am happy a pic was released at all. The Court Circular freqiently says that HM received the President/PM of this or that nation and we never see any pics of those meetings at all because they are also private/low key visits.

I share your delight with this picture!; I have never seen a picture of this room before that looks quite cosy, almost like the King and Queen dropped in on her majesty while she was watching the telly!:flowers:

I agree. It all looked very cozy. Comfy sofa, TV & DVD player in the background. Almost expected a Corgie to poke its head around the chair or to be napping on the sofa.
I think the use of a private sitting room instead of a state apartment for the photos just emphasized the fact that this was a private and unofficial visit.

The first thing I noticed was the flat screen. Cozy, thought it odd not a more formal room for the meeting, looks like the queen's private sitting room.

The audience was in The Queen's private apartments at Windsor Castle.

The Queen looks like she is comfortable, welcoming a friend into her home. WA & Maxims could gather so much knowledge from this amazing woman. What a blessing to be able to meet the Queen

Very nice of The Queen to welcome the King & Queen in her private apartments. Places we really don't see. Not as glamorous as people would imagine.

Last edited:
They all look excellent! The Queen looks lovely in her summery dress, and Maxima fabulous in her orange dress. - It must have been a delightful occasion for these heads of state.

I can't believe that Maxima thought that she looked good in that dress. She looked like a sack of potatoes tied in the middle.

This visit was such a damp squib..I was not at all a fan of these "Introductory Visits" right from the beginning.. But anyways, people seem to enjoy these, and good for them..

Looks like a really relaxed atmosphere at Windsor Castle yesterday and nice to have a rare peek inside the queen's private apartments.

Interestingly, the picture appears to have been taken in a private sitting room at Windsor, rather than one of the more grand state apartments.

Interestingly, the picture appears to have been taken in a private sitting room at Windsor, rather than one of the more grand state apartments.

Yes the visit was indeed at the queen's private apartments at Windsor .

Unfortunately my laptop is playing up today as the room that I'm in hasn't got a very good connection. :sad: I'll try again later. I did see a bit of the second video though. I like how WA and Maxima greeted HM :). HM's private apartment looked very nice.

Does anyone know how long the visit will be or if any more information has been released?

Last edited:
I assume the visit is already over. The CC only mentioned HM receiving WA & Maxima for tea at Windsor. There were no plans for him to meet with the PM or anyone from the UK government.

I assume the visit is already over. The CC only mentioned HM receiving WA & Maxima for tea at Windsor. There were no plans for him to meet with the PM or anyone from the UK government.

Thanks for the extra information. I thought the visit would be a little bit longer than a day as the other introductory visits were two-three days long (correct me if I'm wrong here). After hearing that HM attended a Coronation anniversary event today, I'm now also thinking that WA and Maxima's visit has finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom