Death and Funeral of the 1st Earl of Snowdon: January 13 and 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their children are now Viscount Linley and Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones.

Lord Snowden is one of Edward's godparents I believe.

May he rest in peace.
Condolences to his family

R.I.P. This year isn't starting out on a good note. :sad:

May the late Lord Snowden Rest In Peace.

RIP to one of the most talented photographers of his generation.

may he RIP .

600px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_earl_of_Snowdon.png

RIP to a very talented photographer.

Condolences to his children and grandchildren on this terrible loss

Their children are now Viscount Linley and Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones.

Lord Snowden is one of Edward's godparents I believe.

Yes he was Edwards godfather, along with the duke of Gloucester, duchess of Kent, Philips sister Sophie, and Prince Louis of Hesse.

Condolences to Lord Snowdon's family and friends. May he RIP.

Sad news for his family,RIP Lord Snowdon :easter:

A great photographer who led a long and very full life, but of course his passing is immensely sad for Lord Snowdon's family. May he rest in peace.

One of the saddest things I ever read about Lord Snowdon was regarding his bout of polio as a child. He was sent away for treatment for months and months but neither of his parents visited him once.

It was a good photographer, I think to Lord Linley, his son and her daughter Sarah, I know that he had also an another duaghter with his second wife

Rest in peace , Sir

Plus a son and a daughter from affairs.

He was elegant, smart, artist. A free spirit loving fun and life, a bit too much sometimes.
The Tony/Margo couple was explosive bus he was reliable enough to shut his mouth after the divorce.
A gentleman yes, but with a swinging 60's vibe i would say.

May Lord Snowdon rest in peace.

He was a talented photographer.

Last edited:
I am wondering whether any of the late Earl of Snowdon's royal nephews and niece will be at the funeral (Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, Prince Edward).

It probably depends on what Tony's wishes were. Could be a small private funeral and then a larger memorial service later like we saw with the Duke of Westminster.

Charles is close with David and Sarah and Tony did a lot of pictures for the Wales. I can see him going if there is a larger funeral.

Kabiyesi Jesu, was my response when I heard this terrible news. May the Earl rest in peace and I pray for comfort for his family.

I am wondering whether any of the late Earl of Snowdon's royal nephews and niece will be at the funeral (Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, Prince Edward).

The Earl of Wessex will most likely attend because Lord Antony was his godfather and it seems he has the closest relationship to David and Sarah. The of York could also attend possibly.

Back
Top Bottom