The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Dan and Edwina lost a baby at six months in between their daughter and son but that would not explain it. I don't see Isla and Orla mentioned anywhere else. It's the 2 elder girls who have the kids. I don't think their husbands were married previously so there aren't some step grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Nobility

I am going out on a limb here and thinking dogs!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

What a very good idea and you may be right! Perhaps they are Viola and/or Hugo's dogs, hence the 'grandfatherly' role?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I know my parents call mine and my sister's cats grandkids (don't have real) but never thought to see them in an obituary, especially with no distinction made with the other 4.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if Marlene is on the right track I think it's a lovely idea. I have seen dogs and cats mentioned in death notices in newspapers as members of the family, which they are!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree, I don't think the mast majority of the articles since Tuesday have been crass or disrespectful. Some have of course focussed on the vast wealth and how it will be passed on to the new Duke but the articles about the late Duke have all been very respectful IMO highlighting his work for charities and the military and few if any mentioning less glorious times we know he went through.

The focus on the wealth and how the new duke will be an eligible bachelor like the previous duke and what his 'party life' is like I find to be quite disrespectful. Of course, you are entitled to disagree. I think the previous duke's life devoted to charities should be the main if not all the focus.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

What is this party life of his?? Why shoudln't he have had a bit of a party life as a young man?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

I didn't say he shouldn't have a party life. I said it was disrespectful for newspapers to expose the private moments of a guy who has never sought out publicity a day after his father died.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Courtier

They are not listed under the family section on his wiki(!) page although are present as the last two grandchildren on the obituary.

Late family additions??! The names sound like possible twins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Better than a 79 year Sir Laurens van der Post who was William's and died when William was 14. George will have the benefit of his godfather Hugh for a long time hopefully. Plus there are close ties with the Duchess as William's godmother and the PoW is Hugh's godfather.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Absolutely! What surprised me was the age difference between the Cambridges and Hugh - only 22 at the time (so probably not of their immediate circle of friends!) Until I read about the strong family links.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:28 AM
Nobility

Not dogs, but Miss Isla van Cutsem and Miss Orla Snow Royal Musings: Isla & Orla: identified
Old 08-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Your source. Not doubting you, but you are using yourself as a source.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Good that the mystery's solved, though I quite liked the idea of pet grandchildren!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Your source. Not doubting you, but you are using yourself as a source.

Information came from the Grosvenor estate, actually, and someone contacted them for me .. and thanked
Old 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Courtier

does Hugh have a lady friend?
Old 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
does Hugh have a lady friend?
If he did, it would be private - the family does not seek publicity.

Private funeral was held today for close family. Public memorial service later this year
Old 08-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Majesty

i guess the royal family in full force will be represented at his funeral, seeing the strong family links between the two families.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 17m17 minutes ago
A private funeral service, attended only by close family members, was held this afternoon for the Duke of Westminster.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 17m17 minutes ago
A memorial service will be held later in the year for the Duke of Westminster, who died on Tuesday.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m12 minutes ago
Senior members of the Royal Family had been primed to attend the funeral but that was always subject to the family's wishes.

I'm guessing the royals will attend the memorial when that's planned.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm relieved to hear that the family was able to have a very closed and private funeral without all the glare and attention from the outside world to deal with.

By the time the more public memorial service is held, the family will be able to appreciate and join in with those that knew the late Duke of Winchester as a close friend and in the different areas of his life that were important to him.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm relieved to hear that the family was able to have a very closed and private funeral without all the glare and attention from the outside world to deal with.

By the time the more public memorial service is held, the family will be able to appreciate and join in with those that knew the late Duke of Winchester as a close friend and in the different areas of his life that were important to him.
I agree! Very nice to hear :) And considering their focus on privacy for the family, not very surprising.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i guess the royal family in full force will be represented at his funeral, seeing the strong family links between the two families.
Funeral was today. Private, just close family. Memorial service will be later this year *(that is when royals will attend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Duke of Westminster, not Winchester