Death and Funeral of the 2nd Countess Mountbatten of Burma: June 13 and 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spheno

Royal Highness
City
NN
Country
Lithuania
Countess Mountbatten of Burma died yesterday, 13 June 2017.

Patricia Edwina Victoria MOUNTBATTEN was the eldest dau of the 1st Earl MOUNTBATTEN OF BURMA KG GCB GCSI GCIE GCVO DSO PC (1900-79 gt gs of Queen VICTORIA and formerly HSH Prince Louis of Battenberg) and Hon Edwina Cynthia Annette ASHLEY (1901-60) d of 1st and last Baron MOUNT TEMPLE. She m 1946 Capt 7th Baron BRABOURNE CBE (1924-2005) and had five sons and two daus.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/peerage-news/80YVBk80Bu8

RIP Countess Mountbatten of Burma.

Countess Mountbatten of Burma, who survived the IRA bomb that killed her father, Earl Mountbatten, and her son, has died aged 93.

A statement from the family said: “Patricia Mountbatten died peacefully on Tuesday 13 June at her home in Mersham, Kent, surrounded by her children.”

A great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and cousin to the Duke of Edinburgh, Lady Mountbatten’s life was devastated in August 1979 when the IRA blew up the family’s boat in Co Sligo.
Read More: Countess Mountbatten of Burma, IRA bomb survivor, dies at 93

A true, grand and irreplaceable Lady...

How very sad,may the Countess rest in peace.

How very sad

Sad is perhaps not quite the right word in reference to the death of a 93 year old ? A life well lived,but marked by the appalling tragedy for losing a Father and Son in that ghastly terrorist atrocity.. may the Countess rest in peace with those loved ones taken from her, and us that awful day..

What a difference with the Ascot Show and its money for dresses and hats.
Great lady ; great Noble Family

Roya Nikkhah‏ @RoyaNikkhah
The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles & members of the royal family will attend the funeral of Countess Mountbatten of Burma tomorrow

I was wondering about that and frankly, I would have been very surprised if there wasn't a large royal turnout for the funeral as this is family funeral.

The Funeral will take place at St Paul’s Church, Knightsbridge ,I had thought it might take place at Romsey Abbey.

The Countess hasn't lived at Broadlands for many years. I've also read that she is being buried at Mersham.

Thank you for posting this Royal Protocol. I normally do not open and read things from the Daily Fail but I'm glad I did with this one.

If anyone has any kind of doubts that Charles and his parents do not have a loving relationship, these pictures are, as one would say, "the proof is in the pudding".

Its also made me realize how after the horrific tragedy of losing quite a few of her family in the IRA boat bombing, Countess Mountbatten threw her energies into Child Bereavement UK which now has the Duke of Cambridge as its royal patron. I hadn't realized the royal silver thread that formed this link before.

Child Bereavement was founded in 1994 by Julia Samuel who was a close friend of Diana and now George's godmother. Diana was the royal patron . His mother's involvement is a way closer tie to William than the Countness's .

Nice to see the royals turn out and The Queen always look good in all black.

Child Bereavement was founded in 1994 by Julia Samuel who was a close friend of Diana and now George's godmother. Diana was the royal patron . His mother's involvement is a way closer tie to William than the Countness's .

For me, it wasn't the fact of who was the closest relative of William's that supported Child Bereavement UK but the fact that the support thread ran though his family in several ways. It was one of Countess Mountbatten's charities she supported.

Thanks for the correction on when the organization started and by whom though.

I see Prince Andrew is sporting a black eye at the funeral. What fight has he been in? ;)

I wonder why Camilla didn't accompany Charles? Is she doing engagements elsewhere?

Yes - she attended with her daughter India Hicks - her picture is in the Daily Mail coverage of the funeral.

Her resemblance to the late Countess seems to become more marked as she ages?

Did her Sister Lady Pamala Hicks attend ?

Yes, if you scroll half way down you will find a photo of her and one of India.

The Queen attends Countess Mountbatten of Burma's funeral | Daily Mail Online

Condolences to her extended family. She was quite well loved and respected. Charles was clearly quite close.

Funerals are always sad, but for a 93 year old a little less. She has lived a long full life. And can be happy to think her reunited with her husband, her granddaughter, her dad and of course her Nicholas. Died if old age, surrounded by her loved ones, and now reunited with those she lost.

Yikes. Rex has called Anne, "Princess Margaret", twice here. This is Daily Fail level sloppiness.

Innocent mistake anyone could make :whistling:

Yeah right up there with the fail. At least if Sarah, you could think they meant to say Princess Margarets daughter and part just got left out.

Back
Top Bottom