The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

A notice in The Times's births, marriages and deaths column said: “A service of thanksgiving for the life and work of the 1st Earl of Snowdon GCVO, will be held at 11am, on Friday 7th April 2017 in St Margaret's Church, Westminster Abbey.”

Lord Snowdon's thansgiving service planned | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Old 02-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

St Margaret's wasn't that the church where David Armstrong-Jones and Serena Stanhope were married.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
St Margaret's wasn't that the church where David Armstrong-Jones and Serena Stanhope were married.
Yes it is - it is "opposite" Westminster Abbey and H of Parliament

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Majesty

"The Queen will be at St Margaret’s, Westminster, today at the memorial service for her late brother-in-law the Earl of Snowdon – one of the few people allowed to call HM by her childhood nickname, Lilibet."
Old 04-07-2017, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

This Memorial Service is certainly for his Children David and Sarah.
Lord Snowdon divorced Princess Margaret .
Old 04-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Here are some photos of today's Service of Thanksgiving at St Margaret's Church:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: The Queen and Duke of Cambridge lead tributes to Princess Margaret's former husband Lord Snowdon at a service of thanksgiving **
Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's nice that those who knew Lord Snowden well came out for his memorial service.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Majesty

It is great to see Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh attending the service.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Nobility

I didn't realize that Lord Snowden had had polio. He certainly never let it prevent him from building a great career :)
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Videos:
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and Members of the Royal Family, have attended a private Service of Thanksgiving for the life and work of The Right Honourable The 1st Earl of Snowdon, GCVO. The Service was conducted by The Very Reverend Dr John Hall, Dean of Westminster.
Home - ITNSource News
Old 04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Did any of Lord Snowdons siblings or their familes attend the service,his late sister the Viscountess de Vesci had 4 children and his half brother the current Earl of Rosse has 3 children.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I didn't realize that Lord Snowden had had polio. He certainly never let it prevent him from building a great career :)
he had it as a child as I recall.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:26 PM

Lady Sarah Chatto and family

How does the Chatto family support itself? Lady Sarah is always dressed impeccably but I believe she is always in the same outfit. How modest are their means? Where are their children being schooled? Do they have a place in the country?
Old 04-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
How does the Chatto family support itself? Lady Sarah is always dressed impeccably but I believe she is always in the same outfit. How modest are their means? Where are their children being schooled? Do they have a place in the country?
I believe Lady Sarah is an artist although I'm sure she got a large trust fund from her grandmother the Queen Mother. Her sons go to Eton so they can't br short of money.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Majesty

Veering off the topic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
Lady Sarah Chatto and her spouse pursue their careers as painters. One can see their work on the websites of the galleries representing them.

Sarah Armstrong-Jones | The RedFern Gallery

Daniel Chatto | Long & Ryle

It is impossible to determine how much they earn. Lady Sarah's signature fashion choices are perfect: simple, subtle, and unfussy. Samuel Chatto attends the University of Edinburgh, whereas Arthur is at Eton.

The Queen's affections for Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah Chatto | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did any of Lord Snowdons siblings or their familes attend the service,his late sister the Viscountess de Vesci had 4 children and his half brother the current Earl of Rosse has 3 children.
The listed family members who attended - from The Times (as printed)

Viscount de Vesci and Mr Thomas Messel read the lessons. The Very Rev Dr John Hall gave the address. The Earl of Snowdon, son, Baroness Grey-Thompson and Mr Patrick Kinmonth paid tribute.

Among others present were: Mr Jasper Cable-Alexander (son), Mr Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto, Mr Rodolphe and Lady Frances von Hofmannsthal (sons-in-law and daughters), the Countess of Snowdon (daughter-in-law), Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Charles Linley, Mr Arthur Chatto, Mr Samuel Chatto, Miss Maud von Hofmannsthal, Rex von Hofmannsthal (grandchildren), Mrs Caroline Armstrong-Jones, Mr Robert Armstrong-Jones, Miss India Armstrong-Jones, Sir Charles and Lady Nunneley, Ms Victoria Messel, Mr Hal Messel, Mr Rupert Parsons, Mrs Jani Parsons, the Hon Michael Parsons, Mrs Nell Parsons, the Earl and Countess of Rosse, Lucy, Countess of Snowdon, Viscountess de Vesci, the Hon Damian Vesey, the Hon Cosima Vesey, the Hon Oliver Vesey, Ms Melanie Cable-Alexander, Mrs Polly Fry, Miss Ottilie Fry, Miss Cressida Fry, Miss Phoebe Fry, Miss Augusta Fry, Miss Minna Fry, Mr Jeremy Lewis, Mrs Polly Lewis, Lady Beaumont of Whitley, Lady Slade, Miss Miranda Buckley, Mr and Mrs John Wauchope, Mr and Mrs Michael Wauchope, Mrs Ariadne Calvo Platero, Mr Alistair Buchanan, Professor Ann Buchanan, the Rev Celia Carter, Mrs Phoebe Hilary, Mrs Judith Hillier, Mrs Arabella Huddart, Mr Linley Lewis, Miss Kiri Lewis, Mr and Mrs Charles O’Donnell, Mr Anthony Eric Wieler, Dr Assheton Stewart Carter, the Earl and Countess of Harrington, Lady Penn, Mr Christopher Penn, Mrs Juliet Wauchope, Mr Timothy Parker, Mr and Mrs Octavian von Hofmannsthal, Mrs Annabel von Hofmannsthal, Mr and Mrs Robin Bloy, Mr Roger Keller, Miss Lucy Lyons, Dr Katherine Allison with other members of the family.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Administrator

I am sure the support of the family was a great comfort to David and Sarah. A nice royal turnout.

And my goodness, how the Chatto and Linely children have grown. Nice looking young men and Margarita...time has flown by.

I believe Sarah has trust from both the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. And she has never given off the vibe that she has lived a flashy lifestyle.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am sure the support of the family was a great comfort to David and Sarah. A nice royal turnout.

And my goodness, how the Chatto and Linely children have grown. Nice looking young men and Margarita...time has flown by.

I believe Sarah has trust from both the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. And she has never given off the vibe that she has lived a flashy lifestyle.
No, she's not a flashy at all.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra also attend with un unkown lady? The Michaels did not.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Princess Alexandra also attend with un unkown lady? The Michaels did not.
PRincess Alexandra was not mentioned in the Times - either in the CC or the full list of those who attended.