Death and Funeral of the 1st Earl of Snowdon: January 13 and 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St Margaret's wasn't that the church where David Armstrong-Jones and Serena Stanhope were married.

St Margaret's wasn't that the church where David Armstrong-Jones and Serena Stanhope were married.

Yes it is - it is "opposite" Westminster Abbey and H of Parliament

This Memorial Service is certainly for his Children David and Sarah.
Lord Snowdon divorced Princess Margaret .

It's nice that those who knew Lord Snowden well came out for his memorial service.

It is great to see Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh attending the service.

I didn't realize that Lord Snowden had had polio. He certainly never let it prevent him from building a great career :)

Videos:
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and Members of the Royal Family, have attended a private Service of Thanksgiving for the life and work of The Right Honourable The 1st Earl of Snowdon, GCVO. The Service was conducted by The Very Reverend Dr John Hall, Dean of Westminster.
Home - ITNSource News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orFajH6vKV4

Did any of Lord Snowdons siblings or their familes attend the service,his late sister the Viscountess de Vesci had 4 children and his half brother the current Earl of Rosse has 3 children.

I didn't realize that Lord Snowden had had polio. He certainly never let it prevent him from building a great career :)

he had it as a child as I recall.

Lady Sarah Chatto and family

How does the Chatto family support itself? Lady Sarah is always dressed impeccably but I believe she is always in the same outfit. How modest are their means? Where are their children being schooled? Do they have a place in the country?

How does the Chatto family support itself? Lady Sarah is always dressed impeccably but I believe she is always in the same outfit. How modest are their means? Where are their children being schooled? Do they have a place in the country?

I believe Lady Sarah is an artist although I'm sure she got a large trust fund from her grandmother the Queen Mother. Her sons go to Eton so they can't br short of money.

Veering off the topic ...

Lady Sarah Chatto and her spouse pursue their careers as painters. One can see their work on the websites of the galleries representing them.

Sarah Armstrong-Jones | The RedFern Gallery

Daniel Chatto | Long & Ryle

It is impossible to determine how much they earn. Lady Sarah's signature fashion choices are perfect: simple, subtle, and unfussy. Samuel Chatto attends the University of Edinburgh, whereas Arthur is at Eton.

The Queen's affections for Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah Chatto | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Did any of Lord Snowdons siblings or their familes attend the service,his late sister the Viscountess de Vesci had 4 children and his half brother the current Earl of Rosse has 3 children.

The listed family members who attended - from The Times (as printed)

Viscount de Vesci and Mr Thomas Messel read the lessons. The Very Rev Dr John Hall gave the address. The Earl of Snowdon, son, Baroness Grey-Thompson and Mr Patrick Kinmonth paid tribute.

Among others present were: Mr Jasper Cable-Alexander (son), Mr Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto, Mr Rodolphe and Lady Frances von Hofmannsthal (sons-in-law and daughters), the Countess of Snowdon (daughter-in-law), Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Charles Linley, Mr Arthur Chatto, Mr Samuel Chatto, Miss Maud von Hofmannsthal, Rex von Hofmannsthal (grandchildren), Mrs Caroline Armstrong-Jones, Mr Robert Armstrong-Jones, Miss India Armstrong-Jones, Sir Charles and Lady Nunneley, Ms Victoria Messel, Mr Hal Messel, Mr Rupert Parsons, Mrs Jani Parsons, the Hon Michael Parsons, Mrs Nell Parsons, the Earl and Countess of Rosse, Lucy, Countess of Snowdon, Viscountess de Vesci, the Hon Damian Vesey, the Hon Cosima Vesey, the Hon Oliver Vesey, Ms Melanie Cable-Alexander, Mrs Polly Fry, Miss Ottilie Fry, Miss Cressida Fry, Miss Phoebe Fry, Miss Augusta Fry, Miss Minna Fry, Mr Jeremy Lewis, Mrs Polly Lewis, Lady Beaumont of Whitley, Lady Slade, Miss Miranda Buckley, Mr and Mrs John Wauchope, Mr and Mrs Michael Wauchope, Mrs Ariadne Calvo Platero, Mr Alistair Buchanan, Professor Ann Buchanan, the Rev Celia Carter, Mrs Phoebe Hilary, Mrs Judith Hillier, Mrs Arabella Huddart, Mr Linley Lewis, Miss Kiri Lewis, Mr and Mrs Charles O’Donnell, Mr Anthony Eric Wieler, Dr Assheton Stewart Carter, the Earl and Countess of Harrington, Lady Penn, Mr Christopher Penn, Mrs Juliet Wauchope, Mr Timothy Parker, Mr and Mrs Octavian von Hofmannsthal, Mrs Annabel von Hofmannsthal, Mr and Mrs Robin Bloy, Mr Roger Keller, Miss Lucy Lyons, Dr Katherine Allison with other members of the family.

I am sure the support of the family was a great comfort to David and Sarah. A nice royal turnout.

And my goodness, how the Chatto and Linely children have grown. Nice looking young men and Margarita...time has flown by.

I believe Sarah has trust from both the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. And she has never given off the vibe that she has lived a flashy lifestyle.

I am sure the support of the family was a great comfort to David and Sarah. A nice royal turnout.

And my goodness, how the Chatto and Linely children have grown. Nice looking young men and Margarita...time has flown by.

I believe Sarah has trust from both the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. And she has never given off the vibe that she has lived a flashy lifestyle.

No, she's not a flashy at all.

Princess Alexandra also attend with un unkown lady? The Michaels did not.

Princess Alexandra also attend with un unkown lady? The Michaels did not.

PRincess Alexandra was not mentioned in the Times - either in the CC or the full list of those who attended.

Nice pics nice video and nice turnout. Good to see Dukes of Kent Gloucester and William. Wish Charles and Anne were also there. Would be complete.
Looking back at old pics I found Tony very dashing and charming. Unfortunately in both his children his looks got subdued by the Windsor genes.. a very bad combination. Anyway that's least important..

I assume the only reason Anne and Charles weren't there was because they were carrying out official duties? Charles in-particular seems close to Sarah.

Charles and Anne were out of the country. Charles was in Austria and Anne in Ghana on tours.

Anne was overseas - she has been doing a tour in Africa this week.

Charles I don't know. He and Camilla's tour had ended so they were back in the UK. There tour ended on the 6th and they returned to the UK that day according to the CC.

Fro the Court Circular:

7 April 2017
Windsor Castle

A Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of the late Earl of Snowdon took place in St. Margaret's Church, Westminster Abbey, this afternoon.
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, also representing The Prince of Wales, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Duke of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, the Earl and Countess of Snowdon, Mr. Daniel and the Lady Sarah Chatto and other members of the Royal Family were present.

Back
Top Bottom