The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

She looks so happy dressed down and in the country. You can tell she's a country girl at heart!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I love the hat HRH is wearing in the pics. I bet it keeps her warm.

How cold is it in Norfolk? How do you shoot wearing thick warm gloves? Maybe the shooters have some ultra thin space-age fabric that keeps the circulation and feeling working in their hands. Is this a pre-Christmas visit or are they already in residence? I'm full of questions today.

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower.
It is, at the moment, blooming cold in Norfolk! Under that Barbour she probably has a layer of Fleece, Thinsulate or Thermal undies! How do they shoot with thick gloves (Camilla was not shooting), they may have Thinsulate lined gloves or pocket handwarmers. Todays fabrics are amazing.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM

There are 10 pictures of The Duchess at the Sandringham on 7 December.
http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=40726

I don't think The Duchess did any shooting that day because normally when she takes part in the shoot she has her Jack Russells with her. The caption, in any case, merely says that she was out walking on the country lanes.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics, CasiraghiTrio!
I think you´re right. I read that the men were shooting while the ladies were out for a walk. But who are the two women who joined Camilla. I read that Princess Alexandra was with her, but i can´t see her on the pic?!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM

I thought Maybe Princess Alexandra is the person that is hiding in her hat & coat in pic 3. Or maybe not. In pic 9 you can see some of the face.... no Princess Alexandra, I don't think.

The other woman.... Do you think she is the Marchioness of Lansdowne? Look here: scroll to bottom
Old 12-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Ah, thank you, CasiraghiTrio, i think you´re right with the Lady in the middle.
But i think the ´hidden in the clothes´ person is too tall and big to be Princess Alexandra, but i´m not sure.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I don't think The Duchess did any shooting that day because normally when she takes part in the shoot she has her Jack Russells with her. The caption, in any case, merely says that she was out walking on the country lanes.
I have never heard that Camilla participates in any of the shoots.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

Flowers for Camilla
December 9

Two five-years-old from near Norwich had their patience rewarded- and their woolly winter hats appreciated by the Duchess of Cornwall.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/...A04%3A48%3A040

( with a pic of today )
Old 12-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you milla Ca, how sweet they look and in sensible hats against the biting cold. I always like Camilla in the paler mixes.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
And then again Camilla Parker Bowles!
Look here: Abaca Press Americas Search Results
it seems that HRH The Duchess of Cornwall walks with an acuqintance called Camilla Parker Bowles - or how do you understand the mentioning of a Ms. Parker-Bowles?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Hmmmm...that's so interesting because when she married HRH The Prince of Wales I thought she became HRH The Duchess of Cornwall--and ceased using the CPB name. Apparently, these rags know nothing about how marriage works in regards to changing one's name

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

It's always a pleasure, dear milla Ca
Here's a nice picture gallery with more pics from today ---> abaca

And here are some pics from yesterday:
Ex King Constantine with Prince Charles, Camilla Duchess of
Cornwall at Sunday Service, Church of St Mary Magdalene,
Sandringham House, Norkfolk, Britain - 09 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Christmas at Sandringham 2007

Constantine joins Charles and Camilla for service at Sandringham
Constantine joins Charles and Camilla for service at Sandringham

Old 12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Apparently, these rags know nothing about how marriage works in regards to changing one's name
Calm down, calm down, ha ha.

I know it's frustrating but I think Camilla wll continue to be referred to as CPB until Charles becomes King. The press seem to find it difficult to move on...Sarah Ferguson, Sophie Rhys-Jones etc etc.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
Calm down, calm down, ha ha.

I know it's frustrating but I think Camilla wll continue to be referred to as CPB until Charles becomes King. The press seem to find it difficult to move on...Sarah Ferguson, Sophie Rhys-Jones etc etc.
You know I think some of it is that when someone is very associated with a last name whether professionally of through being widely discussed in the media, the media is going to continue to use the name that people recognise. Also, in America anyway, it is not a given at all that a woman assumes their husband (whatever #) 's last name. If you view it from that direction, I dont think it is meant to be an insult. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness

The reason why it irks me so (this whole continued referring to the Duchess as CPB) is that it is meant, in my opinion, in a deregatory way because it harkens back to a day, time, etc... when her name was, well, mudd and everywhere you looked it was Camilla Parker-Bowles--in some ways to me constantly referring to the Duchess as CPB is an attempt to psychologically remind everyone about the past even with something as simple as her name. The press won't let it go, they remember the glamour days of Diana and they live to stir up dust. Constantly referring to her as CPB keeps that image of her being "the other woman" alive, when in fact she is now married to the PoW and holds a distinguished of her own. It doesn't allow the past to fade away---

Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Courtier

I hope the children will be there this year. Since Margarita was there last year, we can hope for an appearance by Louise this year, maybe :) I hope Charles, Margarita and the Chatto boys are there again as well, the're all so adorable :)
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Since Margarita was there last year, we can hope for an appearance by Louise this year, maybe :)
Who knows? Well, if some newspaper reports are to be believed the Wessex family won't be at Sandringham at all this year as they'll be occupied with other things...
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Courtier

True...although I don't know if they let little kids stay in the delivery room, so maybe they'll let Grandma and Grandpa look after her for Christmas, and then the Queen and Duke could bring her to visit her new baby brother/sister after the service :)
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
True...although I don't know if they let little kids stay in the delivery room, so maybe they'll let Grandma and Grandpa look after her for Christmas, and then the Queen and Duke could bring her to visit her new baby brother/sister after the service :)
I highly doubt the Queen and the Duke would take her to the hospital to visit them because Christmas is such a busy day and the Queen has only visisted Peter and William in the hospital after they were born so she doesn't visit after everyone of her grandchildren after they are born.

Tags
british royal family, christmas, sandringham