The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

At the new pics , Avalon posted, i just saw Camilla had a bag that fits perfectly to her hat and also to her coat. Very nice!
The pic together with Charles is my favourite Royal Christmas pic of this year!
Does anybody know if the Royal Couple is Scotland now and will have a party for the New Year at Birkhall?

Old 12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Several members of the family attended the Traditional Royal Boxing Day Shoot at Sandringham, UK on December 26, 2006:

Edward
Charles
William
Zara
the Queen

Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

sophie was there too?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-27-2006, 04:32 PM

So Kate didn't go after all. Don't worry - I won't say "I told you so". But I did.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Is that Beatrice and Eugenie in the background with the picture of the Queen on Boxing Day?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Why not use their correct names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
So what's up with abacausa.com? They refer to the Countess of Wessex as "Sophie Rhys-Jones" and the Duchess of Cornwall as "Camilla Parker-Bowles"? Any idea why?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:25 PM

Force of habit. The press frequently call the Countess "Sophie Wessex" or "Sophie Rhys-Jones". Personally, I blame the Duchess of Kent who is now insisting on being called "Katharine Kent". Apparantly it's to do with her religious views. Princess Michael needs to have a firm word with her sister-in-law IMO.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles opts out of Royal Shoot

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005979953

But the pic, Iceflower posted, shows Charles at this shoot ,or is the one where the pic is from another event?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Prince Charles opts out of Royal Shoot

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005979953

But the pic, Iceflower posted, shows Charles at this shoot ,or is the one where the pic is from another event?
It also says

"Charles' mother Queen Elizabeth was not present for the shoot, but she joined the party later for a family lunch at the royal retreat of Wood Farm",

which we can see from the photo's is not entirely accurate, she may not have shot (which I doubt) but she was at the shoot!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It also says

"Charles' mother Queen Elizabeth was not present for the shoot, but she joined the party later for a family lunch at the royal retreat of Wood Farm",

which we can see from the photo's is not entirely accurate, she may not have shot (which I doubt) but she was at the shoot!
does the queen actually shoot I thought that she didnt and went with her dogs to get the birds that are shot or something like that. I know that she's probably gone shooting in the past, but i've never actually seen a picture of her with a gun.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Courtier

I believe two different shooting days are being mixed up. There was the Boxing Day (Dec 26) shoot with pictures, and the Dec 27 shoot which seems to be the one Prince Charles skipped.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise27
does the queen actually shoot I thought that she didnt and went with her dogs to get the birds that are shot or something like that. I know that she's probably gone shooting in the past, but i've never actually seen a picture of her with a gun.
No she doesn't shoot now, although I believe she has in the past! She was clearly seen at the shoot and wasn't just waiting at Wood Farm.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

The article refers to the Wednesday shoot which was the day after Boxing Day not the Boxing Day shoot which is the one the pictures are from.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Courtier

so who gets invited to Christmas with the royals? the Queen's children and grandchildren and spouses...but who else? exes, cousins, fiances/fiancees...and what about New years? is that a special (read exclusive) event too, with the same guest list as Christmas?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:05 PM

Well, it's usually family only and the staff work on a voluntary basis. That is - they volunteer to give up their Christmas to work at Sandringham. For the day itself, it's very strictly family only and then that changes from year to year. In the 80s, Princess Alexandra was always there. Now she stays with her son over Christmas.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Queen Elizabeth with all royal family on Sandringham,she is to mother and grandmother,aunt,grea-aunt!! It is pretty great-sisterschildren(grandchildren to princess Margaret)Margarita speak with great-aunt Queen Elizabeth. It is first sisterschildren with on Sandringham to Queen Elizabeths home.!!! Wow photo is elegant on Duchess Camillas dress and hat!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Christmas at Sandringham 2007

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall walking in Sandringham, Norfolk,
Britain, while Prince Charles and guests were on a pheasant
shoot - 7 Dec 2007 -

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 *
Old 12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the hat HRH is wearing in the pics. I bet it keeps her warm.

How cold is it in Norfolk? How do you shoot wearing thick warm gloves? Maybe the shooters have some ultra thin space-age fabric that keeps the circulation and feeling working in their hands. Is this a pre-Christmas visit or are they already in residence? I'm full of questions today.

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I love the hat HRH is wearing in the pics. I bet it keeps her warm.

How cold is it in Norfolk? How do you shoot wearing thick warm gloves? Maybe the shooters have some ultra thin space-age fabric that keeps the circulation and feeling working in their hands. Is this a pre-Christmas visit or are they already in residence? I'm full of questions today.

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower.
The whole UK is pretty cold at the moment. Luckily, after years of in-breeding in Norfolk the natives are equipped with fur.

(I jest of course, the people of Norfolk are charming. I just wouldn't live there).
Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall walking in Sandringham, Norfolk,
Britain, while Prince Charles and guests were on a pheasant
shoot - 7 Dec 2007 -

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 *
Such pictures just make 'you' want to keep her company. Although I'm sure she enjoys her alone time as anyone would.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
british royal family, christmas, sandringham