The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i agree zonk. the hats are not only strange but too old for the girls. and the papers are calling the fact that since the queen didn't single camilla out for comment in her speech we must take that as a snub. i think that's so ridiculous. HM is above that kind of foolishness. If she were inclined to make those sort of snubs/references, she would have made comment at other times about other members of her family.
I totally agree with you. In a year full of tragedy (the bombs, tsunami etc) I would think it would have been seen as inappropriate to mention Charles and Camilla's wedding.
The Queen has probably realised that making any reference to her own family happiness would have produced even bigger, negative headlines!
No matter what she says or doesn't say, she can't win with the grotty tabloids and the low lives that write these stories!

Old 12-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I totally agree with you. In a year full of tragedy (the bombs, tsunami etc) I would think it would have been seen as inappropriate to mention Charles and Camilla's wedding.
The Queen has probably realised that making any reference to her own family happiness would have produced even bigger, negative headlines!
No matter what she says or doesn't say, she can't win with the grotty tabloids and the low lives that write these stories!
That was my impression also but I live in the States so you only hear one side so to speak.

I think if Her Majesty was truly snubbing Camilla, she wouldn't be invited to a lot of the major events.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:23 AM

One thing about this Christmas was - it was complete. For the first time in a long time, the Royal Family seemed complete and together. The Queen had Philip, Charles had Camilla, Anne had Tim, Edward had Sophie and Andrew had his daughters. They all seemed happy and together and it showed in their faces. It's as if this vast weight has been lifted off of all their shoulders. Now we just need Prince Andrew to get paired up and we'll be home and dry. I wonder where Princess Alexandra was for Christmas this year - her first Christmas without Angus. He died on Boxing Day and it's her birthday on Christmas Day - It must have been very difficult for her.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Yes, it must have been a difficult day for Princess Alexandra. Hopefully, she had her children and grand children with her.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 AM

At our local church they said a special prayer for her which I thought was lovely.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks to those who posted pics. I really liked the ones from Ukpress as they were different from all the others. I loved the pics of the Queen she looked extremly elegant. Both Sophie, Camilla and Anne looked lovely as well. But in my opinion the Queen's choice of attire won out. It was sad the Zara wasn't able to attend the christmas service with the rest of the family. I read somewhere that she was sick.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Is such a same Zara wasn't there she's such a fashionista
Her hats are always the best, very stylish and stuff ... :p
Old 12-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

It was too bad that Zara didn't attend this year as she always does look stylish on Christmas. I hope she is well soon.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Commoner

I thought she was a bit uneasy on her feet. She should do it sitting down next year.
I didn't see the point of the choir. I'd have preferred it to have been just the Queen on her own. They seem to be trying to make it entertaining, but I don't personally believe it's supposed to be.
[ed]
Old 01-01-2006, 11:08 AM

The Queen's Speech used to be on the BBC only as far as I understand. It's shown on BBC One and ITV at 3pm and then repeated at 5pm on BBC Two. I thought the speech this year was a good one - unlike last year which was atrocious.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I watched it as well and I totally agree with you. The speech was meanningful as usual. She spoke of things that matter for the people of the UK and the countries of the Commonwealth.
My American friends were quite touched that Her Majesty mentioned New Orleans in her speech as well as all the other natural disasters that ravaged our world this past year. I was quite moved myself.

God Save The Queen. Long Live Our Gracious Sovereign.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she receives flowers from an unidentified youngster, after attending a New Year's Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate, England, Sunday Jan. 1 2006

Image from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP530568_guest.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	222595  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Images from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56509867.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	222604   Click image for larger version

Name:	56509870.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	222605   Click image for larger version

Name:	56509873.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	222606   Click image for larger version

Name:	56509875.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	222607  

Name:	56509877.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	222608  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II plants an Oak tree in the grounds of her Sandringham Estate as part of a fund raising initiative with Norwich Cathedral, after attending a Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene Church, with the Countess of Wessex and the Duke of Edinburgh on January 1, 2006, at Sandringham, England

from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	222609   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	222610  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:46 PM

A jazzy pair of boots for HM! I'm not sure whether I like them or not.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
A jazzy pair of boots for HM! I'm not sure whether I like them or not.
that's just how I would describe them "jazzy"! Although as far as the whole outfit, its not very well put together as many of her other outfits.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:40 PM

I think the red coat has a purple paisley lining which looks awful with the boots. In fact, it looks awful on a red coat. The boots would look nice with one of her usual outfits in a purple shade.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Nobility

Doesn't the Countess look wonderful? So happy! I thought HRH looked good on Christmas day. Is she wearing the same boots?
Love the bag!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

That is one of the best I have seen of Sophie. I like her outfit a lot. The Queen must take a liking to Sophie. Are they close?
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

sophie lokk sooo happy!

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-

Tags
british royal family, christmas, sandringham