British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...that's so interesting because when she married HRH The Prince of Wales I thought she became HRH The Duchess of Cornwall--and ceased using the CPB name. Apparently, these rags know nothing about how marriage works in regards to changing one's name:bang:

It's always a pleasure, dear milla Ca :)
Here's a nice picture gallery with more pics from today ---> abaca

And here are some pics from yesterday:
Ex King Constantine with Prince Charles, Camilla Duchess of
Cornwall at Sunday Service, Church of St Mary Magdalene,
Sandringham House, Norkfolk, Britain - 09 Dec 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Apparently, these rags know nothing about how marriage works in regards to changing one's name:bang:

Calm down, calm down, ha ha.

I know it's frustrating but I think Camilla wll continue to be referred to as CPB until Charles becomes King. The press seem to find it difficult to move on...Sarah Ferguson, Sophie Rhys-Jones etc etc.:rolleyes:

Calm down, calm down, ha ha.

I know it's frustrating but I think Camilla wll continue to be referred to as CPB until Charles becomes King. The press seem to find it difficult to move on...Sarah Ferguson, Sophie Rhys-Jones etc etc.:rolleyes:

You know I think some of it is that when someone is very associated with a last name whether professionally of through being widely discussed in the media, the media is going to continue to use the name that people recognise. Also, in America anyway, it is not a given at all that a woman assumes their husband (whatever #) 's last name. If you view it from that direction, I dont think it is meant to be an insult. Just my 2 cents.:flowers:

The reason why it irks me so (this whole continued referring to the Duchess as CPB) is that it is meant, in my opinion, in a deregatory way because it harkens back to a day, time, etc... when her name was, well, mudd and everywhere you looked it was Camilla Parker-Bowles--in some ways to me constantly referring to the Duchess as CPB is an attempt to psychologically remind everyone about the past even with something as simple as her name. The press won't let it go, they remember the glamour days of Diana and they live to stir up dust. Constantly referring to her as CPB keeps that image of her being "the other woman" alive, when in fact she is now married to the PoW and holds a distinguished of her own. It doesn't allow the past to fade away---

I hope the children will be there this year. Since Margarita was there last year, we can hope for an appearance by Louise this year, maybe :) I hope Charles, Margarita and the Chatto boys are there again as well, the're all so adorable :)

Since Margarita was there last year, we can hope for an appearance by Louise this year, maybe :)

Who knows? Well, if some newspaper reports are to be believed the Wessex family won't be at Sandringham at all this year as they'll be occupied with other things...:)

True...although I don't know if they let little kids stay in the delivery room, so maybe they'll let Grandma and Grandpa look after her for Christmas, and then the Queen and Duke could bring her to visit her new baby brother/sister after the service :)

True...although I don't know if they let little kids stay in the delivery room, so maybe they'll let Grandma and Grandpa look after her for Christmas, and then the Queen and Duke could bring her to visit her new baby brother/sister after the service :)
I highly doubt the Queen and the Duke would take her to the hospital to visit them because Christmas is such a busy day and the Queen has only visisted Peter and William in the hospital after they were born so she doesn't visit after everyone of her grandchildren after they are born.

She did visit Sophie after Louise was born.

But back to Christmas...

any pics of the queen and her family going to church? did Lady Louise go at all?

Well since it rained i will not be upset that Louise was not there, but if she is not on the bacony this year she might be the only grandchild of the queen who has never been seen on the bacony.

I love the coat the Queen wore. Eugenie's hair looked really nice, and the white coat was really pretty also. I hope we see some pics of Charles and Margarita A-J, I read they helped the Queen with her flowers again this year, they are such cute this children.

Well so far we have seen:
HM The Queen
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Duke of York
HRH Princess Beatrice
HRH Princess Eugenie
HRH The Earl of Wessex
HRH The Princess Royal (blocked mostly by the reverend in a photo of The Duchess of Cornwall trying to catch up)

We were warned, I think, that some members of the family would come to Sandringham later today and therefore not attend the service. Maybe the reason is only the weather.

I also noticed on the BBC article that Charles & Margarita A-J were there today, so I presume the Linleys were all there. I think there was also mention of Lady Sarah Chatto being there.

I didn't think Eugenie looked too bad this year, I have always thought she would be the prettier one of the two sisters and she seems to have a little better fashion sense. Where are the Wales boys?

Some more pictures:

The Queen 1
The Queen 2
The Queen 3
The Queen receives flowers

The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

The Duke of York & Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice

Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Princess Eugenie

The Duke of York
The Earl of Wessex
The Princess Royal

The Queen looks marvelous. As always. I may be a little tired of that black bag, but nevertheless, she is perfect. I even like that hat with multi-coloured feathers.
The Duchess of Cornwall - wonderful. I love the purple coat, I love the hat (would be much better if it weren't black, but it's very nice anyway), wonderful set of brooches, elegant gloves. The stockings could have been a bit darker, but overall, a very nice impression.
The Princess Royal - I love Anne, she's one of my facvurite Royals ever. But that coat, and that hat were among the most ugliest things I've ever seen. Especially together.
Princess Beatrice... I hate the coat, I hate the shoes, I hate the stockings, and I completely loath that headpiece - I've never seen anything as horrible even during the Ascot.
Princess Eugenie - a major surprise, because I actually like her. She is much better then Beatrice anyway. I like her coat, although I have an impression it doesn't fit her completely. The belt, at least not that one, shouldn't have been there. The hat is a very nice and I suppose also warm one. And I do like her hairstyle quite a lot. Even her shoes & stockings work, combined with the rest of the outfit.

The Duke of Edinburgh - perfect as always. I love his electric blue tie.
The Prince of Wales - perfect again. Awesome shoes, great tie & coat.
The Duke of York - a bit too dark for my taste, but nevertheless very elegant. The umbrella & the tie fitted perfectly. :D
The Earl of Wessex - Again too dark, but elegant.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas!! Princess Eugenie looks great. I like her new hairstyle!! Beatrice really needs an haircut. I like her coat but i don't know it's a nice choice for Christmas. Those girls looks happy... isn't the most important thing to see today.... Her Majesty looks quite in shape!!! A remarquable lady!! Joyeux Noel!!! :)

I 'borrowed' your pictures Avalon, I hope you don't mind. :rose2:

The Queen - Looks OK, not too keen on the hat.:flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall Another lovely turnout and my favourite brooches! :fireworks:
The Princess Royal - I like what she is wearing today. :clap:

Princess Beatrice - I can see we agree Avalon :sick:

Princess Eugenie - Prettier than her sister, with a little more fashion sense, but I hate the beret, why didn't she get a better colour match! The coat doesn't fit and black tights make her legs look like twigs! :cool:

Philip and Charles, wonderful as usual, Charles really seems to love his camel coat! :flowers:

Last edited:
Her Majesty looked regal. Agreeing with Avalon, I have to note that Princess Beatrice looked rather sloppy. Princess Eugine's coat is absolutely fabulous. I wish she wore something more stylish on her head. I did not like the colour of Duchess of Cornwall's outfit.
As for men, I liked Earl of Wessex and Prince Andrew.

Everyone looked very nice, except, Beatrice. As usual, a total disaster. Her hat could be used as a toliet seat cover. Sorry, just plain bad taste.

^ I think it's bad taste to insult someone for something so stupid as fashion.

The Queen's Speech was brilliant.

Where are the Wales boys?
They are both on duty at their barracks! :D
Um, Skydragon, that pic is not from the Mail. Nor is the caption. I made that up. I was just joking. I don't see anyone hurrying.... it was just a joke. Is it ok to joke here
I hadn't realised it was supposed to be a joke, however peace, goodwill and all that........

Last edited:
a happy day for the family, love seeing them all gathered today.
Not a fan of the queen outfit nor hat but id admitt that her coat is a lovely color/s. Anne looked nice so did Camilla, i really liked her coat but maybe if she went for a different hat.
I dont know what to really think of Beatrice's hat, i dont know how to describe it. Its not cool. not young, not fun not to be seen on anyone though i do like her coat. Eugenie looked very pretty and well put together. White is her color.
Tons of great pictures today. Pitty Sophie couldnt make it, wouldve been nice to see her

Yeah, so you assumed the worst, that I was insulting her. How nice .... Yeah, like I have a reason to insult Camilla. Whatever. Keep judging people, Skydragon. Keep doing what you do. What a perfect person you are, so brilliant. :rolleyes:

Usually something meant in jest includes a :D or ;). Sorry, but not everyone can interpret your meaning without hearing the tone of your voice or your facial expression!

I think the Queen's hat is striking and elegant. All the royal ladies look beautiful. I love Eugenie's haircut!!!!!! VERY adult on her.

Merry Christmas to you all, and may God continue to watch over you and your families!

Nicole

I 'borrowed' your pictures Avalon, I hope you don't mind. :rose2:

The Queen - Looks OK, not too keen on the hat.:flowers:
The Duchess of Cornwall Another lovely turnout and my favourite brooches!
The Princess Royal - I like what she is wearing today. :clap:
Princess Beatrice - I can see we agree Avalon :sick:
Princess Eugenie - Prettier than her sister, with a little more fashion sense, but I hate the beret, why didn't she get a better colour match! The coat doesn't fit and black tights make her legs look like twigs! :cool:

Philip and Charles, wonderful as usual, Charles really seems to love his camel coat! :flowers:

No problems at all, glad you used 'my' pictures! :)

Having seen the close-up of the hat, I've changed my opinion slightly. The hat looks nice (and certainly much more brighter then the ones she usually wears), the coat is nice too. But I still don't like how they look together, especially with her pale pink scarf.

We do agree about Beatrice though. I like her but her fashion is disastrous. :neutral:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom