The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Probably because she is pregenant with her child. The Queen wanted to protect her from any incident.

Has there actually been any confirmation that she is pregnant.

I first heard these rumours back in September but I don't recall any official announcment. Every photo I have seen since then would say that she isn't pregnant.

I hope she is. I think it would be lovely for her and Edward to have another child and for Louise to have a sibling, especially as her royal cousins are so much older than her.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Administrator

We went through the pregnancy speculation back in September.
Let's not waste our time by indulging in wishful thinking unless there is something of substance to report.
The fact that Sophie was in the Queen's car (again) is not evidence she is pregnant.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Courtier

HM the Queen looked, as always, wonderful. I love this colour on her.

HRH the Countess of Wessex did not look the part. Didn't think much of her outfit at all.

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall...well, I shall just leave it at that I think.

HRH Princess Beatrice of York. Wasn't her best outfit.

HRH the Princess Royal was, well...wearing exactly what I thouight she would.

HRH Princess Eugenie of York looked very smart. Quite the lovely ensemble.

"MII"
Old 12-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

II think the best dressed Royal Ladies were
1. HM Queen Elizabeth
2. HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall
3. Princess Eugenie of York

I didn’t like Sophie’s hat. And Princess Royal was elegant, yet... well, a bit plain, in my opinion. I liked a lot Beatrice’s outfit, everything, except hat.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
IMo. I think that beatrices's hat is fine she is young it is her time to have fun with fashion. :)
I do agree..i think a lot of people are making a fuss over her hat but she is young and she should play with fashion...however i do think she could take advice from her sister eugenie who always (in my opinion) always looks very smart and beautiful. I think out of anybody..eugenie looks the part of a princess the most..followed by sophie(in my opinion anyway)
Old 12-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

All of the Royals looked fantastic especially The Queen, The Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex. :)
Old 12-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Courtier

The Queen looked wonderful. :)
Old 12-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

i can't say that i find either of the york girls particularly attractive but that's just my opinion. as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. as for the hats....i'm definitely not crazy about those but i do love that in the UK they wear hats for weddings, etc.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:29 PM

I think all the ladies looked lovely. My favorite though was Camilla.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think the Queen looks a lot like Helen Van Wyk of PBS fame in her Christmas address. I tried to find a good picture of Helen to show you what I meant but the ones out there don't show Helen's particular style and her glasses which the Queen particularly reminded me of.

I read awhile back that Sandringham was originally the locale for the Royal Family's Christmas when everyone was invited. When the family got too big the Queen moved the celebrations to Windsor but it looks like she's moved them back again to Sandringham with just her immediate family.

Princess Eugenie is turning out to be a charming and very pretty girl. I have to say I like Princess Anne's look for the first time in a long time. It's not stylish but at least its not as dowdy as she usually looks.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Colourful First Royal Christmas for Camilla

Christmas Day bloomed bright and early for the Duchess of Cornwall, who was greeted by thousands of flower-bearing well-wishers when she attended the morning church service at Sandringham along with the rest of the Royal Family.............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...8/sandringham/

Photos from HELLO magazine
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Queen Elizabeth and Countess of Wessex both looked really great. i wish they would bring baby Louise out more often because i love to see her, she's so cute, but I understand how they want to raise her. From the side, I just realised that Sophie reminded me a tiny bit of Zata i think maybe it's just the hair though.
I agree that the Queen looked like Queen Victoria in one of those pictures, which I'd never noticed before. Normally i think she looks like Queen Mary, as lots of people say, but only from the side or when she is looking downwards:)
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Nobility

It looks like Princess Beatrice wore a wrong hat on that day..just my opinion..

Old 12-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Where was Sara Philips?..Did she attend the service?

Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Courtier

good question Mahoogie, where's Zara? :(
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Personally..I never like the York girls hats. I think they are a little too old for them if that makes any sense. But I am sure as they get older they will fit right in.

In regards to Camilla, according to the news (and we all know sometimes how they like to make mountain out of molehills)...was she really snubbed by the Queen?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

i agree zonk. the hats are not only strange but too old for the girls. and the papers are calling the fact that since the queen didn't single camilla out for comment in her speech we must take that as a snub. i think that's so ridiculous. HM is above that kind of foolishness. If she were inclined to make those sort of snubs/references, she would have made comment at other times about other members of her family.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:11 AM

There wasn't any snub - it was a lack of Boxing Day news that prompted the headlines. If the Queen had have mentioned the wedding and didn't focus on the tragedy then she'd be criticised and vice-versa. Last year the press had the Tsunami to feast on - this year they had nothing. That's what I'd put it down to.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

I really like Sophie's outfit, the colour of her coat looks fantastic on her.

Tags
british royal family, christmas, sandringham