British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon said:
I watched it as well and I totally agree with you. The speech was meanningful as usual. She spoke of things that matter for the people of the UK and the countries of the Commonwealth.

My American friends were quite touched that Her Majesty mentioned New Orleans in her speech as well as all the other natural disasters that ravaged our world this past year. I was quite moved myself.

God Save The Queen. Long Live Our Gracious Sovereign.

Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she receives flowers from an unidentified youngster, after attending a New Year's Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate, England, Sunday Jan. 1 2006

Image from polfoto

Attachments

• AP530568_guest.jpg
    AP530568_guest.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 200
Images from getty

Attachments

• 56509867.jpg
    56509867.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 56509870.jpg
    56509870.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,609
  • 56509873.jpg
    56509873.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 56509875.jpg
    56509875.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 56509877.jpg
    56509877.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 209
Queen Elizabeth II plants an Oak tree in the grounds of her Sandringham Estate as part of a fund raising initiative with Norwich Cathedral, after attending a Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene Church, with the Countess of Wessex and the Duke of Edinburgh on January 1, 2006, at Sandringham, England

from getty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 191
A jazzy pair of boots for HM! I'm not sure whether I like them or not.

BeatrixFan said:
A jazzy pair of boots for HM! I'm not sure whether I like them or not.
that's just how I would describe them "jazzy"! Although as far as the whole outfit, its not very well put together as many of her other outfits.

I think the red coat has a purple paisley lining which looks awful with the boots. In fact, it looks awful on a red coat. The boots would look nice with one of her usual outfits in a purple shade.

Doesn't the Countess look wonderful? So happy! I thought HRH looked good on Christmas day. Is she wearing the same boots?
Love the bag!

That is one of the best I have seen of Sophie. I like her outfit a lot. The Queen must take a liking to Sophie. Are they close?

sophie lokk sooo happy!

Princejonnhy25 said:
That is one of the best I have seen of Sophie. I like her outfit a lot. The Queen must take a liking to Sophie. Are they close?

i know! i finally like one of her hats. i think it must be the first time...

Princejonnhy25 said:
I think that they definitely are close, especially since we've seen sophie's family with the royals on a number of occassions, and just the interaction between sophie and the queen. It seems to me that perhaps the queen has taken her in as a daughter of her own not just a daughter in law, one particular picture that shows their good relationship is one of a couple of yrs ago where you see the queen fixing something on sophies hat. Also the fact that she's the one that gets to go in the car with the queen to and from christmas service, I don't foresee camilla going in the car with the queen in the near future hehehe.

Australian Womens weekly magazin
e had an article about them, saying that they were close and got along very well.

Elise27 said:
Also the fact that she's the one that gets to go in the car with the queen to and from christmas service, I don't foresee camilla going in the car with the queen in the near future hehehe.

In todays climate of terrorism, it would seem unlikely that the Queen would travel with Charles, who in turn would want to travel with his wife Camilla.
Sophie and Edward are no longer so close to the throne and therefore less important.
The Queen is also aware of the reaction from a minority group, if she were to publicly be seen to have a really good relationship, with Camilla, so soon after the wedding. Therefore Sophie was the safest bet!

Skydragon said:
In todays climate of terrorism, it would seem unlikely that the Queen would travel with Charles, who in turn would want to travel with his wife Camilla.
Sophie and Edward are no longer so close to the throne and therefore less important.
The Queen is also aware of the reaction from a minority group, if she were to publicly be seen to have a really good relationship, with Camilla, so soon after the wedding. Therefore Sophie was the safest bet!
But usually the men walk anyway, so camilla being invited to go in the car I dont think would be a huge issue in fact charles might even like that because it would show the queen's total approval. And as far as the "minority group", I just think that this is all the queen herself not wanting to embrace Camilla fully period, Im sure she accepts her but thats about it. There have been a handful of events where they have both been present and there's been almost no interaction between them. What's the problem with upsetting a couple of people anyway, I mean Camilla is the wife of her son and it seems that a great part of the british public is starting to see camilla more positively and the queen could further that if she wanted by showing that she really is accepting of camilla. I'm not criticizing the queen for this but I just think that all the evidence points to the fact that the queen does not have a good relationship with camilla, cordial perhaps but thats about it.

When did the Queen start travelling by car ? and when did the Countess of Wessex start going with her ?

I also have always enjoyed the pictures of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie doing there 'job'. Not only at Christmas but in those pictures of them watching special performances at Balmoral.

I hardly think the Queen rode with Sophie cause she was the safest bet. From what I understand, the Queen has a great relationship with the Countess of Wessex. In regards to her relationship with Camilla, I don't believe that the Queen is letting the the polls dictate her relationship with her sons' wife. If anything, their relationship or lack of one is probably being hampered because of her relationship with her son.

Well from the looks of these pictures, the Queen looks like she's closer to Beatrice and Eugenie than she is with William and Harry but somehow I can't imagine that is right.

Its fun to speculate what the royals' relationships are like from pictures but in most cases its just that - speculation.

I don't think Sophie riding in the car is anything but a display of affection for her - it certainly isn't a snub to the others otherwise she'd have been snubbing Princess Anne for quite some time.

I think the Queen and Prince Philip find it easier to connect with outsiders coming in and their grandchildren. They raised their children and I dont think they are too comfortable with them. I dont think they ever transitioned from parent to friend as thier kids grew into adults. But with the inlaws and grandkids they can be more relaxed.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I think the Queen and Prince Philip find it easier to connect with outsiders coming in and their grandchildren. They raised their children and I dont think they are too comfortable with them. I dont think they ever transitioned from parent to friend as thier kids grew into adults. But with the inlaws and grandkids they can be more relaxed.
i dont believe that this is the case with their younger children, charles is the one with whom it seems to have gone wrong, which is unfortunate given his position as heir.

Indeed the Countess of Wessex looked wonderful, this must also be one of my absolute outfits of hers in a really long time, if not ever. She looks to be very well and happy. I'm so glad that Edward and she have each other and that their family life seems to go so well, everyone deserves to be happy.

Elise27 said:
i dont believe that this is the case with their younger children, charles is the one with whom it seems to have gone wrong, which is unfortunate given his position as heir.
The unfortunate thing is that in the RF, since the first Georges, the relationship between the monarch the the heir has more often than not been frosty at best and outright antogonism in some of the earlier Hanoverians.

The exceptions seem to be between Edward VII and George V and George VI and Elizabeth.

Charles does appear to have a better relationship with his mother than most of the heirs since the Havoverians took over but it just isn't as strong as the two sited above.

Of course in both those cases when the heir was actually born the child was never expected to be the monarch so maybe that helped the relationship develop at a younger age, added to in the case of Edward VII and George V by the long period before Edward VII became king. That augurs well for a better relationship between Charles and William when Charles eventurally succeeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
chrissy57 said:
Of course in both those cases when the heir was actually born the child was never expected to be the monarch so maybe that helped the relationship develop at a younger age, added to in the case of Edward VII and George V by the long period before Edward VII became king. That augurs well for a better relationship between Charles and William when Charles eventurally succeeds.
That's a very interesting point indeed.

Now I can see it :p thats wonderful
Her voice in so kind and sweet
I just love the Queen more and more

Elise27 said:
But usually the men walk anyway, so camilla being invited to go in the car I dont think would be a huge issue in fact charles might even like that because it would show the queen's total approval. And as far as the "minority group", I just think that this is all the queen herself not wanting to embrace Camilla fully period, Im sure she accepts her but thats about it. There have been a handful of events where they have both been present and there's been almost no interaction between them. What's the problem with upsetting a couple of people anyway, .

Prince Charles will have been anxious to walk with Camilla on her first Royal Christmas show, after waiting for so many years to be out in public together, he would have been far from happy not to have walked with Camilla right by his side.
The Queen seems to be taking things very slowly, she learnt about her fickle subjects in '97 and I believe the Queen, Camilla and a few others rode out, together, at Christmas.

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think Sophie riding in the car is anything but a display of affection for her - it certainly isn't a snub to the others otherwise she'd have been snubbing Princess Anne for quite some time.

I wasn't suggesting that the Queen isn't genuinly fond of Sophie, she is after all married to the baby of the family.

Perhaps Sophie doesn't like walking! :eek:

CHRISTMAS 2005
(from royal.gov.uk)

n1feac.jpg

n1fepe.jpg

n1flsx.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Camilla just wanted to walk with her husband to church...plain and simple... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom