British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love_cc said:
Probably because she is pregenant with her child. The Queen wanted to protect her from any incident.

Has there actually been any confirmation that she is pregnant.

I first heard these rumours back in September but I don't recall any official announcment. Every photo I have seen since then would say that she isn't pregnant.

I hope she is. I think it would be lovely for her and Edward to have another child and for Louise to have a sibling, especially as her royal cousins are so much older than her.

We went through the pregnancy speculation back in September.
Let's not waste our time by indulging in wishful thinking unless there is something of substance to report.
The fact that Sophie was in the Queen's car (again) is not evidence she is pregnant.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums Moderator

HM the Queen looked, as always, wonderful. I love this colour on her.

HRH the Countess of Wessex did not look the part. Didn't think much of her outfit at all.

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall...well, I shall just leave it at that I think.

HRH Princess Beatrice of York. Wasn't her best outfit.

HRH the Princess Royal was, well...wearing exactly what I thouight she would.

HRH Princess Eugenie of York looked very smart. Quite the lovely ensemble.

"MII"

II think the best dressed Royal Ladies were
1. HM Queen Elizabeth
2. HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall
3. Princess Eugenie of York

I didn’t like Sophie’s hat. And Princess Royal was elegant, yet... well, a bit plain, in my opinion. I liked a lot Beatrice’s outfit, everything, except hat.

seto said:
IMo. I think that beatrices's hat is fine she is young it is her time to have fun with fashion. :)
I do agree..i think a lot of people are making a fuss over her hat but she is young and she should play with fashion...however i do think she could take advice from her sister eugenie who always (in my opinion) always looks very smart and beautiful. I think out of anybody..eugenie looks the part of a princess the most..followed by sophie(in my opinion anyway)

All of the Royals looked fantastic especially The Queen, The Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex. :)

i can't say that i find either of the york girls particularly attractive but that's just my opinion. as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. as for the hats....i'm definitely not crazy about those but i do love that in the UK they wear hats for weddings, etc.

I think all the ladies looked lovely. My favorite though was Camilla.

I think the Queen looks a lot like Helen Van Wyk of PBS fame in her Christmas address. I tried to find a good picture of Helen to show you what I meant but the ones out there don't show Helen's particular style and her glasses which the Queen particularly reminded me of.

I read awhile back that Sandringham was originally the locale for the Royal Family's Christmas when everyone was invited. When the family got too big the Queen moved the celebrations to Windsor but it looks like she's moved them back again to Sandringham with just her immediate family.

Princess Eugenie is turning out to be a charming and very pretty girl. I have to say I like Princess Anne's look for the first time in a long time. It's not stylish but at least its not as dowdy as she usually looks.

Attachments

• royals-dop1a.jpg
    royals-dop1a.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 208
  • royals-dop2a.jpg
    royals-dop2a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 186
  • royals-dop3a.jpg
    royals-dop3a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 186
  • royals-dop4a.jpg
    royals-dop4a.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 244
  • royals-dop5a.jpg
    royals-dop5a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 224
Queen Elizabeth and Countess of Wessex both looked really great. i wish they would bring baby Louise out more often because i love to see her, she's so cute, but I understand how they want to raise her. From the side, I just realised that Sophie reminded me a tiny bit of Zata:confused: i think maybe it's just the hair though.
I agree that the Queen looked like Queen Victoria in one of those pictures, which I'd never noticed before. Normally i think she looks like Queen Mary, as lots of people say, but only from the side or when she is looking downwards:)

It looks like Princess Beatrice wore a wrong hat on that day..just my opinion..

Where was Sara Philips?..Did she attend the service?

Personally..I never like the York girls hats. I think they are a little too old for them if that makes any sense. But I am sure as they get older they will fit right in.

In regards to Camilla, according to the news (and we all know sometimes how they like to make mountain out of molehills)...was she really snubbed by the Queen?

i agree zonk. the hats are not only strange but too old for the girls. and the papers are calling the fact that since the queen didn't single camilla out for comment in her speech we must take that as a snub. i think that's so ridiculous. HM is above that kind of foolishness. If she were inclined to make those sort of snubs/references, she would have made comment at other times about other members of her family.

There wasn't any snub - it was a lack of Boxing Day news that prompted the headlines. If the Queen had have mentioned the wedding and didn't focus on the tragedy then she'd be criticised and vice-versa. Last year the press had the Tsunami to feast on - this year they had nothing. That's what I'd put it down to.

I really like Sophie's outfit, the colour of her coat looks fantastic on her.

Duchess said:
i agree zonk. the hats are not only strange but too old for the girls. and the papers are calling the fact that since the queen didn't single camilla out for comment in her speech we must take that as a snub. i think that's so ridiculous. HM is above that kind of foolishness. If she were inclined to make those sort of snubs/references, she would have made comment at other times about other members of her family.

I totally agree with you. In a year full of tragedy (the bombs, tsunami etc) I would think it would have been seen as inappropriate to mention Charles and Camilla's wedding.
The Queen has probably realised that making any reference to her own family happiness would have produced even bigger, negative headlines!
No matter what she says or doesn't say, she can't win with the grotty tabloids and the low lives that write these stories!

Skydragon said:
I totally agree with you. In a year full of tragedy (the bombs, tsunami etc) I would think it would have been seen as inappropriate to mention Charles and Camilla's wedding.
The Queen has probably realised that making any reference to her own family happiness would have produced even bigger, negative headlines!
No matter what she says or doesn't say, she can't win with the grotty tabloids and the low lives that write these stories!

That was my impression also but I live in the States so you only hear one side so to speak.

I think if Her Majesty was truly snubbing Camilla, she wouldn't be invited to a lot of the major events.

One thing about this Christmas was - it was complete. For the first time in a long time, the Royal Family seemed complete and together. The Queen had Philip, Charles had Camilla, Anne had Tim, Edward had Sophie and Andrew had his daughters. They all seemed happy and together and it showed in their faces. It's as if this vast weight has been lifted off of all their shoulders. Now we just need Prince Andrew to get paired up and we'll be home and dry. I wonder where Princess Alexandra was for Christmas this year - her first Christmas without Angus. He died on Boxing Day and it's her birthday on Christmas Day - It must have been very difficult for her.

Yes, it must have been a difficult day for Princess Alexandra. Hopefully, she had her children and grand children with her.

At our local church they said a special prayer for her which I thought was lovely.

Thanks to those who posted pics. I really liked the ones from Ukpress as they were different from all the others. I loved the pics of the Queen she looked extremly elegant. Both Sophie, Camilla and Anne looked lovely as well. But in my opinion the Queen's choice of attire won out. It was sad the Zara wasn't able to attend the christmas service with the rest of the family. I read somewhere that she was sick.

Is such a same Zara wasn't there she's such a fashionista
Her hats are always the best, very stylish and stuff ... :p

It was too bad that Zara didn't attend this year as she always does look stylish on Christmas. I hope she is well soon.

I thought she was a bit uneasy on her feet. She should do it sitting down next year.
I didn't see the point of the choir. I'd have preferred it to have been just the Queen on her own. They seem to be trying to make it entertaining, but I don't personally believe it's supposed to be.
[ed]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen's Speech used to be on the BBC only as far as I understand. It's shown on BBC One and ITV at 3pm and then repeated at 5pm on BBC Two. I thought the speech this year was a good one - unlike last year which was atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom