Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or they may just not like flower shows. There is a reason to go this year, the Princess Charlotte chrysanthemum is entered as flower of the year.

That could be the case. :flowers:

William was physically fine though. It wouldn't have hurt him to have turned up for his brother.

Like Harry did for his niece's christening. Oops he didn't. There was plenty of family at the flower show .So William stayed home with a energetic George, newborn Charlotte and recovering Kate.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

How do we know that Harry was asked to Charlotte's christening? And the Cambridges had no children at all in 2013 at the time of the flower show when Sentebale was first nominated. Yes, Kate was pregnant, (though I went out and about in the last weeks of my pregnancy, pregnant women aren't in purdah) but again William was a no-show. The rest of the family showed up to take a look at the Sentable Garden so it was obviously important to the rest of the family that Sentebale be honoured, just not to William.

George also had a daffodil named after him that was shown at the 2014 Chelsea Flower Show, but his parents didn't go to see that either.

Last edited:
William and Harry are constantly supporting each others' causes/charities, but there are going to be times when they can't, or don't attend an event. Just because William didn't see the Sentebale Garden, doesn't mean it wasn't important to him, or that he doesn't support Harry.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the royals at this year's show.

Last edited:
William and Harry are constantly supporting each others' causes/charities, but there are going to be times when they can't, or don't attend an event. Just because William didn't see the Sentebale Garden, doesn't mean it wasn't important to him, or that he doesn't support Harry.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the royals at this year's show.

Exactly. The Harry v William story line is old and tired.

Thanks for the links !:flowers:
The lady in a white ensemble looked absolutely ridiculous.

Emily Nash ‏@emynash 54m54 minutes ago
What I learned about the Duke and #DuchessOfCambridge at the #RHSChelseaFlowerShow tonight - they call each other "Darling" a LOT. #Kate

Beatrice and Eugenie are there with their boyfriends.

Last edited:
I love the stunning floral tribute to the queen.:flowers:

Everyone seems to be in great high spirits. Glad to see so much of the family made it out this year to the show.

The floral tribute to the Queen takes my breath away! Beautiful..

Palace officials are saying the reason why William and Catherine haven't been to the flower show before is mainly due to diary issues. It's good that they were able to attend this year. Now if only we can get them to attend Royal Ascot!

Love that both the Queen and Kate are wearing shades of green (isn't that a mint color the Queen is wearing?). Happy accident or purposeful?

Peeve about the curtsey: Either do it right or skip it. I know it's probably fine by protocol (since no one has to do it at all) but I don't like it when they 'cheat' the curtsey.

So great to see W&K there...and Harry too! Prince Phillip is looking so frail at times. Even the Queen is starting to look at bit unsteady at times. Worries me.

LaRae

Last edited:
Love that both the Queen and Kate are wearing shades of green. Happy accident or purposeful?

Peeve about the curtsey: Either do it right or skip it. I know it's probably fine by protocol (since no one has to do it at all) but I don't like it when they 'cheat' the curtsey.

So great to see W&K there...and Harry too! Prince Phillip is looking so frail at times. Even the Queen is starting to look at bit unsteady at times. Worries me.

LaRae

They are in their 90's, we're all going to start seeing even more of that as time goes on.

I know...it's inevitable.

LaRae

Emily Nash ‏@emynash 54m54 minutes ago
What I learned about the Duke and #DuchessOfCambridge at the #RHSChelseaFlowerShow tonight - they call each other "Darling" a LOT. #Kate

Beatrice and Eugenie are there with their boyfriends.

Charles and Camilla and Edward and Sophie call each other darling. I think it's nice!

Nice to see both York sisters there. I loved what both were wearing.

They are in their 90's, we're all going to start seeing even more of that as time goes on.

Yes and I hope we can accept it without bringing attention to it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince and Princess Michael
Chelsea Flower Show - Press Day 2016 | Getty Images

Here you will find a good amount of photos. Click on the gallery
Kate Middleton and Prince William visit Chelsea Flower Show for the first time | Daily Mail Online

Bottom of the page/1st pic in gallery is Princess Michael and Alexandra
picture 46 is Prince Michael greeting Kate

The Chelsea Flower Show often looks so beautiful, I want to get tickets but it's difficult. I hope that I can get to go one day. I loved the displays in honour of HM, as well as the poppy installation. I thought it was nice that the poppies were made from felt and fabric.

It was great to see lots of members of the RF there. I thought Beatrice and Eugenie looked nice, and, as I've already mentioned in her fashion thread, I loved what Catherine wore. It was nice to see the Cambridges and Prince Harry for the first time also.
It appeared that the RF all had a nice time looking at the displays and installations that were at the show!

What a great day for the royals at the Chelsea Flower Show!

The poppies installation is superb! I'm so glad Sophie spent time there to showcase that beautiful garden combination. Lest we forget, the poppies remind us.
Clearly Kate, not Wills is a gardener! She needs to drag him out into the greens more often, JMO.
As a gardener, I would have hoped for more photos of Royals with the Flowers/greens. Likewise, more of the Sentabale gardens (how did that get lost in the DM photo-palooza?)
The Princess Charlotte Mum: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...o-charlotte-on-display-at-picture-id533782894
Nice picture of the Princess Royal, thinking.... (She was there with Tim, BTW) http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...garden-as-she-attends-the-picture-id533781420
Birgitte was there today, too http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...sea-flower-show-press-day-picture-id533771236

Back
Top Bottom