Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Video:
Prince Harry has made an early morning visit to the Chelsea Flower Show having returned yesterday from a week-long trip to New Zealand. Harry was visiting a garden designed by Matt Keightley, 30, who has created a southern African-themed garden for Sentebale, a charity the Prince co-founded which helps poor children in the small kingdom of Lesotho-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Queen has had her first look at the Chelsea Flower Show this afternoon as the finest horticulturalists from all over the world are exhibiting their immaculately designed gardens. Established in 1913, on the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea in London, the RHS Chelsea Flower Show has become one of the world`s greatest showcases for horticultural excellence, attracting visitors and exhibitors from across the globe-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry reveals his gardening ambitions at Chelsea Flower Show-
Prince Harry reveals his gardening ambitions at Chelsea Flower Show - UK - News - London Evening Standard

I noticed it was very windy at the Flower Show and everyone was battling the wind, all but The Queen. The liquid solution that's applied to her hair really held up. Not a hair out of place, without hat or net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie looks lovely as always and I love her hairstyle. I am glad she has grown her hair out longer as she can now wear some lovely updos.

Queen Elizabeth

I so agree with you, Molly2101!! HM the Queen looks wonderful, as usual. I love to see her without a hat...

Same here. Prepared myself. Glad great minds think alike.

I LOVE this time of the year, the start of the London Season!!! I also love flowers and am a passionate gardener so this is wonderful to see the exhibits and creativity they use.

And Everyone seems so happy!! Even Princess Anne is beaming! Lovely to see..

It looked like the perfect kind of day to head out to a flower show. I absolutely loved the pictures that were taken and the obvious enjoyment by all of the family members.

One thing I didn't realize before this past week is that Harry seems to have caught the gardening bug from his dad. I had known he took great pride in his Sentebale's entry last year and its obvious he maintained that pride in this years entry too. Its only recently come out in an interview that he has his own little area to dig to his heart's content at Nottingham cottage and joked he'd like to expand and take over some neighboring areas but the neighbors might not like that much.

Now I can seriously see Harry, in time, perhaps renting out Highgrove from his brother and keeping up the work his father started there.

Now I can seriously see Harry, in time, perhaps renting out Highgrove from his brother and keeping up the work his father started there.

What a wonderful thought! Would love to see that happen.:flowers:

Video:
The Queen congratulated Prince Harry on his work for an African charity as she toured a garden inspired by the organisation at the Chelsea Flower Show. It was a family affair at the world-renowned horticultural show as the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were joined by the Prince of Wales and Prince Harry as they toured the displays. Fresh from his tour in Australia and New Zealand, Harry was reunited with his father and grandmother at Chelsea, greeting each with a kiss on the cheek-

Home - ITNSource News

Wonderful to see such incredible and artistic displays at the famous Chelsea Flower Show this year. One of the times that so many members of the BRF are out visiting an event on the same day. The Lesotho garden is lovely and the landscaping team did a wonderful job finding plants that could be adapted to the UK's climate yet still mimic the colors and textures found in that country.

Any Oz TRFs posters interested in this pretty event -

Channel Seven's "Better Homes and Gardens" has been again this year, and will be broadcasting the episode next Friday night, 29th May.

They are covering Prince Harry's garden too, of course.

Seems William and Catherine will be attending 2016's Chelsea Flower Show.

Reports they're to see the bloom named after little Charlotte.

I'm glad they're attending. I didn't understand why they didn't attend before. Now, it seems like they're attending more events now than before.

Kate Middleton and Prince William to make debut at Chelsea Flower Show

Chelsea Flower Show 2016: Royals & celebrities view the gardens, in pictures - Gardening

"A Chelsea Flower Show garden is being dedicated to people with depression as part of the mental health charity campaign backed by Prince Harry , Prince William and Kate Middleton"

Chelsea Flower Show garden dedicated to people with depression for charity backed by William and Kate | London Evening Standard

Last edited by a moderator:
They never went to see the Sentebale/Lesotho garden when the rest of Harry's direct family and other royals did. The garden won an award and it would have been good to see them turn up.

I'd love for the Princess Charlotte chrysanthemum to win flower of the year, but it's still an honour to have a flower named after you.

Charlotte will no doubt get a kick out of it when she's older

They never went to see the Sentebale/Lesotho garden when the rest of Harry's direct family and other royals did. The garden won an award and it would have been good to see them turn up.

I never understood why they didn't go. I'm sure they knew about it.

The reason they didn't go last year seems pretty obvious since she just had a baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The reason they didn't go last year seems pretty obvious since she just had a baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh yeah that's right. :ROFLMAO:

William was physically fine though. It wouldn't have hurt him to have turned up for his brother.

Last edited:
For odd reason even before the babies came, they never attended the flower show. The same can be said about Royal Ascot. I guess we should be happy they attending this year.

Or they may just not like flower shows. There is a reason to go this year, the Princess Charlotte chrysanthemum is entered as flower of the year.

Back
Top Bottom