Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An estimated 50,000 people visited The Duchess of Cambridge's garden during the Chelsea flower show

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has joined forces with CBBC’s Blue Peter to get stuck in with pond dipping, planting and team den building with local children and Blue Peter presenter Lindsey Russell

The Duchess’ Blue Peter competition runs until June 25 and asks viewers to design a sculpture for her #BackToNature Garden when an updated version of it opens at RHS Wisley in September.

'It’s wonderful this collaboration with HRH The Duchess of Cambridge continues and carries on inspiring families to get together and enjoy the great outdoors and get back to nature,' says Sue Biggs, RHS Director General.

'The impact of the RHS Back to Nature Garden at Chelsea resulted in a record month for RHS Membership, with over 12,000 people joining us in May to support our charitable work and get outside gardening.

'This is incredibly positive and shows how powerful this collaboration is, really motivating people to garden, grow and access outside space and nature, which is good for their health and also for the environment and for wildlife.'

It's no surprise really. When news of Kate's Chelsea garden design debut first broke, it led to an overnight doubling of ticket sales, with tickets selling out some two weeks ahead of when it sold out the previous year. It's what has become known as the 'Kate Effect'.

Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge’s nature garden helped RHS gain a record 12,000 new members in May

The following video featured tickets on sale for the 2020 Chelsea Flower Show. However, the show will not occur.

However, could there be a televised show of some of the plants and flowers that would have been featured?

Last edited:
I'm an RHS member so have access today (in between working on my own garden). I think it's a unifying experience to celebrate gardens & plants together so this year it's even more important to share our love of plants & nature (including spectacular garden design if you're into that too).

I'm an RHS member so have access today (in between working on my own garden). I think it's a unifying experience to celebrate gardens & plants together so this year it's even more important to share our love of plants & nature (including spectacular garden design if you're into that too).

I was reading its the 1st time the show was cancelled since WWII,isn't the virtual garden a wonderful idea.

I was reading its the 1st time the show was cancelled since WWII,isn't the virtual garden a wonderful idea.

Yes it's lovely. I would have been there with friends this week but we're doing it virtually instead. The main thing all UK gardeners will miss is the nightly programme from the show but hopefully they'll enjoy what's put online.

Here's a video from the RHS Flower Show from earlier today.

Last edited:
It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom