Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those kids are darn cute, especially Louis and his little tottering steps. So nice to see Kate bring them to enjoy it privately and allow them to be themselves.

I look forward to see Kate show the garden to the other family members later on today. I’d like to think at least Harry will use the swing.

Sad I'm missing Chelsea this year - it's always a great show & worth the subsequent tired legs, empty wallet & extra weight gained from the scrumptious food.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at RHS Chelsea;

The Earl and Countess of Wessex viewing the Welcome to Yorkshire Garden;

The Queen, The Duke of York and Princess Beatrice have arrived;

In full bloom! Duchess of Cambridge is radiant in Erdem frock while Sophie Wessex gamely climbs into the treehouse in her floral frock - as the royals descend on Kate's nature garden at the Chelsea Flower Show.

James and Julia Oglivy and their daughter Flora are also with Princess Alexandra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The Queen along with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the Chelsea Flower show.

Catherine does a lovely curtsy. I loved the picture of Sophie Wessex climbing the latter to the treehouse

William: What would you give it [the Back to Nature garden] out of ten, George?

George: Huh?

William: How many marks out of ten would you give it? With ten being the highest?

George: Twenty!

William: Twenty out of ten? That’s pretty good. I think Mummy’s done well.

Kate: How amazing is that?

Fantastic to see so many members of the BRF supporting Catherine and her garden. I love this photo of her amongst the greenery. You can tell a lot of thought and time has gone into the garden so it's lovely and must be meaningful for the Cambridges to have their relatives turn up to visit. And it seems that the flowers got the seal of Instagram-able approval from Princess Beatrice! :D

William: What would you give it [the Back to Nature garden] out of ten, George?

George: Huh?

William: How many marks out of ten would you give it? With ten being the highest?

George: Twenty!

William: Twenty out of ten? That’s pretty good. I think Mummy’s done well.

Kate: How amazing is that?

Video of their conversation. Love this beautiful family. Well done, Catherine!

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited the Royal Horticultural Society Back to Nature Garden in the Gardens of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this evening visited the Chelsea Flower Show of the Royal Horticultural Society in the Gardens of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London SW3.

Court Circular || 20 May 2019

Fantastic to see so many members of the BRF supporting Catherine and her garden. I love this photo of her amongst the greenery. You can tell a lot of thought and time has gone into the garden so it's lovely and must be meaningful for the Cambridges to have their relatives turn up to visit. And it seems that the flowers got the seal of Instagram-able approval from Princess Beatrice! :D

The royal turnout is about normal. They always turn out to go to this event - other than the Wales branch of the family. The unusual visitors this year are the Cambridges who don't normally attend - although it is obvious why they did so this year but everyone else is just doing what they normally do on the first day of the Chelsea Flower Show. They aren't there to support Catherine - that is just a side issue for an event that is always in their schedule.

:previous: Indeed. Its usually an event we see the royals out in large numbers. Jack actually made his debut at a royal event, accompanying Eugenie back in 2016.

The last year on the first day: The Queen, Anne, Sophie, Andrew, Beatrice, Gloucesters, Prince and Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra all attended.

They do make a point of visiting the garden in question though, but its not a trip just for the garden. In 2015 when Harry's Sentebele garden was open we saw the same thing.

What a surprise from the Cambridge family ❤️
Catherine being so invested in this project and also nervous when the Queen visited was adorable. She was very happy and beaming.
A lovely garden I would love to have for myself....

What an amazing garden from Catherine and her team. Everyone seemed to enjoy it very much and it was nice to see, especially the short video with the little ones. Louis is walking already, oh my..!

It seems that HM liked the garden as well. Such a nice thing to see her and Catherine walking around, with William being very proud husband behind them.

The time around Chelsea Flower Show is always very enjoyable, but this year Catherine made it truly special for royal watchers.

"Still queuing at the Duchess of Cambridge's 'Back to Nature' garden. 30-45 min wait. I estimate 8-10k people have been through based on how many leaflets we've given out #RHSChelsea"

"If I thought traffic management at the under 9s football tournament was bad, the Duchess of Cambridge's, Back to Nature Garden queues are crazy. Splitting and relocating a double queue on main avenue was a challenge. ?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Fem
The royal turnout is about normal. They always turn out to go to this event - other than the Wales branch of the family. The unusual visitors this year are the Cambridges who don't normally attend - although it is obvious why they did so this year but everyone else is just doing what they normally do on the first day of the Chelsea Flower Show. They aren't there to support Catherine - that is just a side issue for an event that is always in their schedule.

Yeah, I know from seeing photos of previous years. I'm sure they were notified of Catherine's garden and as they're relatives of her they probably visited to support the garden *as well as* perform their duties they normally carry out at the CFS.

Reactions: Fem
Catherine's garden is a huge hit with spectators

Kate's garden is a HIT as fans queue for TWO hours to see it. It's the only garden with a queue.

Botanical and royal fans have taken to Twitter over the last week to share their experiences at seeing the stunning creation, with many sharing their long wait to get in.

2 hour queue to see Kate Middleton’s garden," one user wrote. Whilst another one said: "This is the Duchess of Cambridge @The_RHS @NHSuk children’s garden at #ChelseaFlowerShow - the only one with a queue! #LovetheNHS."

More from Hello Magazine: https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalt...uk&utm_medium=social_media&utm_source=twitter

I think Catherine's garden really interests people because as children play outside less, parents, grand-parents, schools & nurseries want to find ways to engage children in garden settings. There are some great ideas in that garden that people can replicate at home/school & I think it'll have an impact on garden design.

"The Duchess of Cambridge was back at the Chelsea Flower Show tonight, watering her RHS Back to Nature Garden. I make that at least her ninth visit since Wednesday last week and there are probably a few I don’t know about."

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

"Kate #DuchessofCambridge took her three children to water her @The_RHS garden at Chelsea flower show early this morning before it opened. George was apparently v keen to go and she told an onlooker he, Charlotte & Louis were very excited to be back to water it!"

By Emily Andrews Twitter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom